How to remove the car limit in the garage in NFS Carbon?

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
sab.maya@gmail.com
Stock
Stock

How to remove the car limit in the garage in NFS Carbon?

Post by sab.maya@gmail.com »

Hey! How can i remove the garage car limit in NFSC? I already have Audi,BMW,Zonda and CCX in career.....that leaves no room to keep my other favourite cars!
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

if there is a way, its through hex-editing
Driv2Slow
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

It is through hex editing, you can read the wiki for more information.

Theoretically, it's possible to have 200+ cars in the safehouse. However, since each car must have a unique customization slot, and these customization slots are limited, the maximum number of cars is also significantly lowered.
sab.maya@gmail.com
Stock
Stock

Yelp for help.....!

Hey guys,.....

i tried to hex the car limit....but without any rewards.I have done hex editing earlier for audi and co. but this i'm unable to do.Could you please tell me in more detail about removing the limit,please...?Ive tried a lot,read the wiki,read the hex editing tutes,but am still unable to get it! What do i have to do,exactly?
The car replacing thing was easy enough,this seems really tough....
Please help! :cry:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Here's how I would do it:
1. Buy and keep a car in your career garage.
2. Add in whatever cars you want into My Cars.
3. Open the savegame with a hex-editor, and change the location of the My Car cars to Career Safehouse. You're not done yet.
4. Look at the carcode for the car in your Career Safehouse and find the Career Slot Link number.
5. Replace the Career Slot Link number in the cars you added (it should be FF) with the Career Slot Link number of the car that was already in your Career Safehouse.

Basically, you move cars from My Cars to the Career Safehouse, and then give them all the same pre-existing Career Slot ID. The Career Slot ID is necessary, otherwise the game crashes. Since there's only enough room for 8 (I think) Career Slots, they must be shared amongst cars if you want more than the max supported by Carbon.

Note: Cars that are locked will remain locked, even if you add them into your Safehouse in this manner.
sab.maya@gmail.com
Stock
Stock

Open the savegame with a hex-editor, and change the location of the My Car cars to Career Safehouse.
Look at the carcode for the car in your Career Safehouse and find the Career Slot Link number.
Replace the Career Slot Link number in the cars you added (it should be FF) with the Career Slot Link number of the car that was already in your Career Safehouse.

How do i do all this.....? (srry...i don't know all this hexing stuff too well,but i'm trying to learn!)Please tell me in detail,step by step......

If you can do it for me......here's my profile(though i would like to do it myself,as it would teach me about hexing)

PS : another question unrelated to editing....is there any place here where you can share news about the next NFS.....i know something that might interest everybody here.
Attachments
ASatan.rar
Here's my profile...... name's "Satan".All cars are unlocked.
I managed to get Audi & co. in career as well.... :D
(45.9 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

1. To share news about the next NFS, either post in an existing topic in the General Discussions forum, or create a new topic. Or you could PM a moderator and tell them the news. Then they may post it as a news item.

2. There's a wiki that should explain how to hex-edit Carbon's savegames.

I won't do any more beyond this. Learn to be able to rely on yourself.
sab.maya@gmail.com
Stock
Stock

thnx......

well.....thanx for the help.
Sorry if my reply bothered you. I was just getting annoyed and frustated having tried(and needless to say,messed) to hex my profile,over and over again.So, defeated i thought maybe you can do it.
I have read the wiki,though...but found it to be a bit too complex.Thats why i asked.
My apologies once again...
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

It is complex, that's why not a lot of people can do it. It's also why I won't do it for you, or anyone else. I just don't have the time to do requests.

Return to “Editing”