Test drive unlimited

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i have just found a bug ........ how many of you own a stage 3 corvette z06 ? i bet alot of people do including me until i found this out. i set-up a challenge on the flattest, straightest, piece of road a little less than a mile long with 6 speed radars. i first took a stage 3 corvette z06 and launched it in 4th gear to get the highest speed possible on the course. results:
STAGE 3
radar 1: 83 mph
radar 2: 112 mph
radar 3: 136 mph
radar 4: 182 mph
radar 5: 192 mph
radar 6: 201 mph

now the same test done with a stage 2 corvette z06 and same kind of launch

STAGE 2
radar 1: 89 mph
radar 2: 115 mph
radar 3: 142 mph
radar 4: 189 mph
radar 5: 199 mph
radar 6: 206 mph

with the same kind of launch the stage 2 corvette was quicker and faster, try it for yourself pretty weird i just sold my stage 3 vette for a stage 2

and the same test done with a stage 3 viper:
radar 1: 92 mph
radar 2: 120 mph
radar 3: 147 mph
radar 4: 193 mph
radar 5: 202 mph
radar 6: 209 mph

and finally a stage 3 ford gt:
radar 1: 83 mph
radar 2: 112 mph
radar 3: 135 mph
radar 4: 179 mph
radar 5: 192 mph
radar 6: 204 mph

surprisingly the viper is the quickest and fastest of the three
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

"As a special exclusive gift to all PC players, two brand new cars will be included with the patch completely free; the Audi RS4 and Nissan Skyline R34"

I would have thought they should have added the classic Ferrari as well, as it appears in screenshots on the back of the PC DVD box but doesn't exist in the game... false advertising at present :lol:
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

I discovered that my stock viper is faster than my stage 3 Z06 corvette, at least from 0 to 60 mph. The stock viper made it at 2.87s (starting in 3rd) and the best result (after alot of training) with the corvette was 2.95s (also starting in 3rd gear, which i think is the best one for this use). Pretty wierd imo since the corvette has 106hp more...
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

the stage 2 z06 is faster than the stage 3 as you can tell from my post above the stage 3 viper is faster than the z06,and ford gt
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

The Viper might be faster, but I bet its handling and braking are horrible. I recently checked a site (http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/pc ... 1e2c3.html) and one of the FAQs had a list of every car in the game with the stock, stage 1, stage 2, and stage 3 stats. I found out quite a number of things, and changed my current garage. IMO, the best cars to have in each class at stage 3 (As no car can beat every other car in its class at everything) would be:

-Class mB: MV Augusta F4 Brutale 910S | Kawasaki Z1000 (0.2 s acceleration)
-Class mA: MV Augusta F4 Tamburini
-Class G: Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
-Class F: Audi TT Quattro Sport
-Class E: Nissan 350Z R-Tune Power | Ford Mustang Coupe (0.5 s acceleration)
-Class D: Aston Martin DB9 Coupe | Maserati GranSport (Handling)
-Class C: Ferrari 575M Maranello | Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder | TVR Tuscan S (0.1 s acceleration)
-Class B: Caterham CSR 260 (Ultimate Accel) | Corvette Z06 Coupe | Lamborghini Gallardo SE (Handling)
-Class A: Enzo Ferrari (Handling) | McLaren F1 (Top Speed) | Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo (0.2 s acceleration)

Hope the info I posted helps. And as you can see, some companies featured in game manufacture cars that are usually a step above the rest (MV Augusta, Ferrari, Lamborghini).
Last edited by Porsche-AG on 28 May 2007, 01:26, edited 1 time in total.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The Mv Augusta F4 Tamburini is just blistering fast.
I have several bikes, I got the Kawa ZX1000R and the F4 Tamburini but also the Ducati 998R in mA class but the F4 Tamburini simply owns them, even thought the Kawa has more horsepower and a faster acceleration but when you are at a higher speed the Augusta simply blows by the Kawa. the Ducati doesn't even come close to both of them, but then it also only has 150 bhp (compared to the 192 for the Kawa and 180 for the Augusta)
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Porsche-AG wrote: Well those cars were listed in the "Trade" section, so I'm guessing that they can be traded. Where/How do you know they cannot be traded?
Yeah all cars are in the Trade section well some.. but no results come up for them coz if PC users can Trade downloaded cars then its completely unfair but then again you PC people don't use Points (I don't think) so it makes it more easy to trade... im not really sure but normally PC versions are the same as Xbox360 but diffrent slight Graphic changes etc but i know that 2 or 4 cars will come out at a time for you just as they do with X360 :) and it will come in order as the X360 like what you are getting Audi RS4 and Nissan Skyline R34. thats the exactly the same download pack we got when the game came out :) so im glad to say any cars we get you are going to get them but over this year while we get the latest..
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ TheStig: Yeah, I don't really use bikes, but I have the F4 Tamburini if I need to, which I used to get into the airport.

@ race_invader: Points? Do you mean for levelling up (Eg. Rookie --> Champion)? And also, the PC version might start out with similar cars as the X360, but theres are quite a number that were listed that haven't been released on the 360 (Eg. CLK GTR, F40).

One thing I dislike about the list of best cars to have is how the higher the class, the harder it is to find 1 or 2 really good cars that can beat the others easily.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

just make sure you get a stage 2 corvette over the 3 :wink: the 2 will smoke the three everytime. i find the vipers handling isnt all that bad ..... much better than koenigsegg IMO
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Well, for handling in Class B, I have an F430. And I'm not sure whether I should sell my stage 3 Z06 so I can buy a stage 2 because I bought the tuned stage 3 Z06 for only $75,000.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

@ race_invader: Points? Do you mean for levelling up (Eg. Rookie --> Champion)? And also, the PC version might start out with similar cars as the X360, but theres are quite a number that were listed that haven't been released on the 360 (Eg. CLK GTR, F40).
Credits i mean sorry.. not points The Ferrari F40 and Mercedes CLK GTR are released on Xbox 360....
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Oh I see. And how do points make it harder to trade?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Well when you download a car for TDU such as like the Nissan skyline a you put the files in the 'Skyline' (my guess since i don't have the game on PC) you but them in the folder and when installed if you try and trade it cannot trade files so who ever doesn't have the Skyline they wont be able to see it online coz they don't have the addon files Model, textures Etc so if you try and trade you wont be able to coz they don't have the car and even if they did it still wont be able to trade coz its a Addon its hard to explain but also i heard Atari disabled DLC trading in there severs too.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I discovered the Corvette Z06 thing the hard way... Was racing against a Stage 2 (I have Stage 3), and he got me 3 of 3 times... I thought he was cheating, but he told me there was a bug. :P
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

@ porsche definitely sell the stage 3 for a stage 2 the 2 is quicker,faster, and seems to handle better, if you look on the previous page you can see how fast the stage 2 vette is versus the stage 3 vette
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

I found an easy way to make 2-3 thousand on a car you put on the trading house.

Buy a '69 camaro and put it on the trading block for a few thousand more than you bought it for. Its a way to make some money pretty quickly. It may not seem like a good way to make some money, but I did that for about 6 cars and made 15-20 grand
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ Cpt.Razkit: Tell me about it, I've made close to 100 grand from selling about 5 or so cars. Easy business. Ferrari 288 GTOs are hard to get and I made quite a bit off of it, and I bought a CLK DTM for $200,000 and sold it for $240,000. Only problem is you don't get the money immediately.

@ darknight: Alright, that's probably why the other guy was selling the Stage 3 Z06 for such a low price and now I'm stuck with the problem. I'll see what I can fetch.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Here is a list of all the cars from the marketplace what are available for TDU on X360 of course

Ferrari F40

Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR

360 Challenge Stradale

Dino 246

Saturn Curve

Lexus IS350

Lexus GS450h

Lexus LS460L

RUF RGT

RUF RT 12

RUF RTurbo

RUF Rk Spyder

Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary

Ferrari 250 GTO

Koenigsegg CCR

Cadillac CTS-V

Cadillac CIEN concept

Chevrolet C6 Convertible

Chevrolet C1 '57

'71 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible

'71 Dodge Challenger R/T

Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe

Lamborghini mercielago roadster

Noble M400

McLaren F1 GT

TVR T440R

Nissan Skyline GTR R34

Audi RS4 Quattro Saloon
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i want a viper coupe !!!!!!!
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Well you will get them over the year, while we get the new ones such as.

1970 Dodge Charger

Lexus LS430

Lexus SC430m

Infinity G35

Thats all i know what will come out later and possibly more bikes :wink:
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Is the Infiniti sold at the Nissan dealership? And I see that the list is missing some of the cars that I've mentioned before, including:

-Audi S6
-Cadillac Sixteen Concept
-Chrysler Crossfire Roadster SRT-6
-Pontiac Solstice
-Wiesmann GT

I'm really pumped for the Sixteen, and I think that PC users deserve it after the long wait for both the game and the downloadable content. The S6 is also looking quite good, as it could replace my Stage 3 A6 which I just use for cruising around when I want a classy 4-door ride that looks good and isn't as expensive as the CLS 55 AMG. Not to mention that I picked the Stage 3 A6 up from Trade for a measly $75,000.
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

Porsche-AG wrote:Is the Infiniti sold at the Nissan dealership? And I see that the list is missing some of the cars that I've mentioned before, including:

-Audi S6
-Cadillac Sixteen Concept
-Chrysler Crossfire Roadster SRT-6
-Pontiac Solstice
-Wiesmann GT

I'm really pumped for the Sixteen, and I think that PC users deserve it after the long wait for both the game and the downloadable content. The S6 is also looking quite good, as it could replace my Stage 3 A6 which I just use for cruising around when I want a classy 4-door ride that looks good and isn't as expensive as the CLS 55 AMG. Not to mention that I picked the Stage 3 A6 up from Trade for a measly $75,000.
If it's not in the Japanese Imports building, the Infiniti G35 Coupe has to be at the Nissan Dealership.

I just can't wait for the S6 and the RS4! And I really have to agree--we truly deserve this all after the long wait for the game, and now, the downloadable content. ;)

Wow... you picked the A6 up for $75,000 eh? Wow... lucky. :P I got mine at regular price.
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

is there a japanese import dealer?? I only know of the Lexus and Nissan dealership.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Yes there is thestig. ive been hearing alot about it too :? ill go onto the TDU forums and check if there is directions to have a look at it

----------------
Found It!
I noticed while i was driving along, there was a japan imports near the Volkswagen's dealer on the lower east side of the island. this could only mean that one of the car packs could have Mitsubishi or something like that!
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Where did you get that quote from? Because there's no way Mitsubishi is going to be in the game, they weren't listed in the back of the manual, so Atari obviously doesn't have a liscense to have Mitsubishi cars in the game.

Return to “The Games”