New Video Interview at 1UP

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

New Video Interview at 1UP

Post by Skyline_man »

1UP ends its 5 days NFSPS exclusive coverage with a video interview with Mark Little, a producer on NFSPS.
In the video, you'll see how closely EA worked with Porsche (among others), accumulating telemetry data on closed courses while putting real-world cars -- like the Porsche 911 -- through their paces, for the sake of recreating the same experience through a video game controller. The Need For Speed series has always been fairly consistent in offering a top notch racing experience over the years, in a number of different specialty categories, but with ProStreet, EA and the Black Box team look like they're on to something really exciting. Take a moment to watch our exclusive video and see why ProStreet is one of our most anticipated racing games of the year.
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shoc ... on=8,0,0,0" width="375" height="320" id="gamevideos6" align="middle"><param name="quality" value="high"><param name="play" value="true"><param name="loop" value="true"><param name="scale" value="showall"><param name="wmode" value="window"><param name="devicefont" value="false"><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"><param name="menu" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="salign" value=""><param name="movie" value="http://www.gamevideos.com:80/swf/gamevi ... se"><param name="quality" value="high"><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"> <embed src="http://www.gamevideos.com:80/swf/gamevi ... ay%3Dfalse" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" play="true" loop="true" scale="showall" wmode="window" devicefont="false" id="gamevideos6" bgcolor="#000000" name="gamevideos6" menu="true" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" align="middle" height="320" width="375"></object>

Video Interview at 1UP.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I don't like this dude who's working on the new NFS game, he seems like a d***** for a few reasons:
- He won't stop freakin' talkin' about the smoke. I don't give a s*** how the smoke looks like. What's next, they'll be bragging how cool the taillights look?
- Seriously, EA needs to bring back the professionals from the classic NFS games because all these new people workin' just don't have a clue.
- Why do I need to see his face?! When they were showing the game, why couldn't they show the footage on the screen, I can listen and watch at the same time!

Also, I hate 1UP for a couple of reasons:
- PS3, Xbox360, Wii? Where's the PC...biased b*****.
- Can't spell "religion"
- Can't work the camera. Seriously, the guy holding the camera like had no idea how to hold it. He kept on moving it around and it was just soo annoying.

Overall, disappointing interview because of these little fits...
Attachments
At least we got to see the menu? I can't even make out what's there...
At least we got to see the menu? I can't even make out what's there...
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

2furio wrote:- Why do I need to see his face?! When they were showing the game, why couldn't they show the footage on the screen, I can listen and watch at the same time!
I agree, there was actually nothing to see.
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

i agree.. he did keep talkin about smoke.. but then again.. he was talkin about drift on the other side... but then again.. he said he was goin to talk about the next gens console.. well actually i dun know why for pc

and yeh... i agree with u 2furio
Explicit signature removed.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Well, nonetheless, we should be thankful for that interview and that little "sneak peeeeek" into the game menu and race, at this point of time.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

they really needed to show new stuff. i'm sick and tired of the preveiws just zooming in on an old screenshot
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

You ever considered the fact that it was an interview? Like, people talking to each other?

Oh and about the smoke, I think it's great that they're caring about the attitude and experience about driving, because it's one of those subtle things that make something enjoyable and good, except you don't realize it most of the time. Let me ask you this, would Burnout be the same without the smoke and sparks?
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Yes, I agree that the smoke adds realism to the game but it should not be the focal and selling point of the game.
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

y is there no black box for the pc???
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

huh?? what black box u talking about? EA Black Box?
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

1up wrote: The Need For Speed series has always been fairly consistent in offering a top notch racing experience over the years
Hardily... :?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

The earlier series like High Stakes and Hot Pursuit were good. I find that only UG2 screwed up, major big time.
xxNEMO01xx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by xxNEMO01xx »

Skyline_man wrote:
2furio wrote:- Why do I need to see his face?! When they were showing the game, why couldn't they show the footage on the screen, I can listen and watch at the same time!
I agree, there was actually nothing to see.
I think EA forbid to show parts of the game.. Watch the interview and check timecode around 8:20 ( I would say the intro starts there... cam swings very fast away from the tv screen).. Next one at 9:19.. There is a cut in the interview (I would say 1 or 2 seconds) The camera swing over the tv screen were cutted out..
Python_S
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Python_S »

Andre_online wrote:The earlier series like High Stakes and Hot Pursuit were good. I find that only UG2 screwed up, major big time.

i don't think so... I think Most Wanted and Carbon screwed up big time the Underground series was just about perfect...As for the first 2...kinda lame... NFS Porsche was nice though

Return to “News”