What car do you drive ?

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: What car do you drive ?

Post by Dragster »

YaelDjiel wrote:ever thought i might not have enough money!?
costs ~1500 eur here you know.. -.-
/me is just a poor kid
whoa that's a lot :\

It's half that price here, I signed up last week, one month to go
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i dont know how many dollars 1500 euros is but it sounds alot.
and you guys have a automatci gearbox license ? whaaat, im sorry but that is kind of dumb.
for a cdl license with air brake endorsement you need to know how the air brakes work, how the lectrical systems function, how to do a pre-trip inspection which is a huge part of the test (if you have a leaking wheel seal you automatically fail) there is no rule in what you can take it in as long as the truck has air brakes and you have a trailer that is if you are going for a class a. overall the test wasn't that hard, the hardest part was backing the trailer into a "spot" and since i couldnt turn around to see the trailer i could only use the mirrors.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

1€ is around 1,37$...
And we have those automatic gearbox licenses too.
If you go through driving school with an automatic gearbox you are only allowed to drive cars with an automatic gearbox.
lol wut
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

do you think that is retarded ? do you have a manual or automatic gearbox license ?
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

If you drive through driving school with a manual gearbox you automatically can drive with automatic cars too.
But I think it's the right thing to not let people drive with manual cars if they have no training for a manual gearbox.
But I don't know if anyone really drives an "automatic" license over here.
Manual gearboxes are just so much more common.
lol wut
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

darknight788 wrote: and you guys have a automatci gearbox license ? whaaat, im sorry but that is kind of dumb.
Thats why things like this dont happen very often outside the US. =D>
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

HAHAHA OWNED!

@darknight;
2K+

@dragster
heh, lucky you... good luck :D
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

FINALLY!!!! :D
5 years and 1 month after I got my license, I've finally bought my first car. Don't have a lot of pics of it, but here's a start. :)
It's a '89 Honda Accord 2.0 EXI Special Edition, imported from Germany in 97.
Lowered with Jamex springs, and fitted with a rather nice sound system: 2 Cadence amps (on each side of the sub woofer box), 15" Cadence sub woofer (4th pic), 4 6x9" Cadence speakers (5th pic), 2 Focal speakers (which needs some fixing, don't like some noise around them), 2 Focal tweeters, 2 Focal crossovers and a Panasonic CD player. One of my friends, who's deeply into car stereo, says I play 130-133dB :D
And it only cost me €3000/$4150/£2050, which I find incredibly cheap for a car this nice, and with that much extra equipment :shock:

Image Image Image Image Image
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

darknight788 wrote: and you guys have a automatci gearbox license ? whaaat, im sorry but that is kind of dumb.
[/quote]
We can also earn Manual and Auto licenses in Australia too, and I'm quite glad about it (It prevents people from driving manuals... who actually can't :) )

Edit: OOh, very nice car Morty :D . I'll check it out when I get home today (gotta leave now :( )
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:
Well, I'm not really sure I like people dissing the US... but I can't deny that having a manual and automatic licence is a smart thing. My brother drove a manual because my parents wanted to get him a ford focus (manuall) after he crashed his PT cruiser (auto) and he 1. nearly crashed - 2. shifted so poorly the transmission started smoking - and 3. freaked out because he couldn't get it in drive! XD

:lol:

Although I think i would be fairly good in a manual... at least i hope so. :|
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:
That one is becomming a classic :D
Ut's Hilarious =D>
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Looking forward to a few more interior pictures Morty. Very nice buy though 8)

Finally got the screen Installed into the dash (without too much drama). :D
Doesn't look to bad either.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Lol, I like how that kid just asks for the keys in an arrogant way, like he knows all. Then he gets pwned, awww... Now he can run off and cry in his room. Notice how the videocam dude or one of the guys surrounding him are talking about driving a stick, completely fascinated by manuals...:P

@ Morty
Looks badass. Don't ask me why, I'm somehow getting ideas of you doing driveby shootings in your gangstermobile. :|

@jacoja06
Nicely placed there. What do you use it for?
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

jacoja06 wrote:Looking forward to a few more interior pictures Morty. Very nice buy though 8)
Not much done in the interior, everything's original in there, but it's clean. I'll see what I can do :)
Thnx mate :D
PSZeTa wrote:@ Morty
Looks badass. Don't ask me why, I'm somehow getting ideas of you doing driveby shootings in your gangstermobile. :|
I plan to make it a bit more gangster tho, the rear side windows will be tinted black, possibly the front side windows as well, but there are strict laws about those, so I might not get it black all over... :(
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

PSZeTa wrote:@jacoja06
Nicely placed there. What do you use it for?
Thx. I mainly use it to listen to music dvds, mainly concerts (with the screen switched off while driving ;) )... Though because I'm often waiting around for people, or waiting for my next study class to begin (which sometimes takes up to 4 hours), it's sometimes nice to sit back and watch a bit of Telly while you eat :) .
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

The Rex that we have has an awesome sound system, and it has a screen in the position much like yours. It has Ipod, radio, cd, dvd and navigation. We have two Focal hand-built speakers in the front (cost heaps to buy), two Eclipse speakers in the back to match the Eclipse screen, and a Packard Fosgate PUNCH sub in the boot. Which is absolutely massive.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Morty wrote:FINALLY!!!! :D
5 years and 1 month after I got my license, I've finally bought my first car. Don't have a lot of pics of it, but here's a start. :)
Lowered with Jamex springs, and fitted with a rather nice sound system: 2 Cadence amps (on each side of the sub woofer box), 15" Cadence sub woofer (4th pic), 4 6x9" Cadence speakers (5th pic), 2 Focal speakers (which needs some fixing, don't like some noise around them), 2 Focal tweeters, 2 Focal crossovers and a Panasonic CD player. One of my friends, who's deeply into car stereo, says I play 130-133dB :D
And it only cost me €3000/$4150/£2050, which I find incredibly cheap for a car this nice, and with that much extra equipment :shock:
*pics*
Nice car,Morty.For 3000 euros,it's nice.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

taz947 wrote:
Morty wrote:FINALLY!!!! :D
*pics*
Nice car,Morty.For 3000 euros,it's nice.
Thnx :)

I can add some things tho. It had only driven 165000 km, it has 116 hp, and the tires are 195/50-15. Electrical sunroof, mirrors and windows and sports suspension. What have I forgotten now? :P
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Finally picked up my car today, after a one week delay :D Considering how much I payed for it, there is a rather long list of things that need to be done . . .

-Timing belt/idler pulley/water pump
-new tyres (previous owner put on two new ones but they're crap)
-electric aerial n/w
-drivers side power window needs a new drive cog
-leather on the steering wheel needs re-finishing
-gear knob is loose (might just get a new TRD one)
-front bumper needs a respray
-standard stereo sucks, but i'll worry about that later

The suspension has never been touched so I was expecting it to feel a bit loose and worn, but it's great! The car sits perfectly flat and stable, so the only weak link at the moment is the tyres. It's also quite slow, but very responsive and sounds great when you rev it. Gearbox is perfect, although the clutch is on its last legs I think.

Anyway sorry to make you read all that, I just so damn excited! :lol: Oh, the car was also built on the same month and year that I was born :o COINCIDENCE???

hehe
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

boganbusman wrote: It's also quite slow,
Great to hear you' ve picked it up... and it doesn't sound to bad, but wtf!? Why is the car slow? Wernet you banging on about its good power-to-weight ratio before? :lol:

Anyway, send us some pictures when you've got the chance. Id love to see a shot of both cars together :) 8)
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

jacoja06 wrote:Wernet you banging on about its good power-to-weight ratio before? :lol:
Huh . . . when? Anyway it's not like, SLOW, just not as quick as the Celica. And I can go around corners without slowing down :P
jacoja06 wrote:Anyway, send us some pictures when you've got the chance. Id love to see a shot of both cars together :) 8)
Aye, I'll try to arrange that soon.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

The people have asked, and boganbusman delivers.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

I forgot to take a pic of the seats -_-
^Speed 12^
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ^Speed 12^ »

You've kept that car clean havn't you? Very nice! :) .

The steering wheel looks a little tatty. Thats all. But overall, a very nice car! :)
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Here's my car, well not mine yet. But I'm going to the dealer tomorrow for a test drive to see if it has any problems and to see if I like it. If all goes well, I'll have the car held until September and I'll buy it then. It's a 2006 Hyundai Elantra, only 33,000 miles and at a great price. The dealer says $8,995, but I'll talk with him and get the price down even lower.

Pictures:
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Bogan, that AW is beautiful. I really want another! :(

Another pic of mine, fitted a garage Vary front splitter. Im happy because its helped with two things:

1. The front of the car is no longer higher than the rest
2. The car actually handles above 100mph now

*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*

Return to “The Cars”