NFSPS Updates at Gamespot

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFSPS Updates at Gamespot

Post by Skyline_man »

Gamespot updated their NFSPS page with a new preview, along with 4 new screenshots for the Hemi Cuda dragging, here is a quote from the preview:
All of these different race types will take place in race-event weekends that are held by in-game clubs in a variety of locales, from North America and Europe to all across Asia. Certain events are more heavily focused on certain race types than others, so you'll be able choose which types of events you want to attend depending on the kind of racing you want to do. For example, if you like speed challenge events, you'll want to attend events organized by Nitrocide, an in-game group devoted entirely to speed challenge races. If you win some speed challenge races, you'll eventually be able to take on Nate Denver, the speed challenge king. If you beat him on the track, you'll get bragging rights…and his wheels in the process.
Additionally, 2 new videos were released, the first one is a developer diary with producer Mark little describing the several game modes in the game, and talking about the damage, nothing new really.

The 2nd one however, is a brand new video with associate producer Justin Weibe describing everything you need to know about drag in NFSPS.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cn ... _embed.swf[/embed]

Preview.
Video 1.
Everything about Drag video (HD version)

Stay tuned...
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: NFSPS Updated at Gamespot

Post by prince1142003 »

Drag looks like it's gonna make the comeback that EA promised us. No traffic, no curved roads, just straight fun. We'll just have to see how much EA's emphasis on perfect timing actually affects the experience.
Need for Speed Pro Street is all about the highest level of street racing.
I'm getting so tired of hearing that over and over again...
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFSPS Updates at Gamespot

Post by BluePhirePB »

The Cuda I can see doing a wheelie but the RX-7 on launch?
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

I don't have sound on my computer here at work ( :P ) but drag looked pretty damn cool. The RX-7 looked kinda goofy with those fat tires though, lol.
The more realistic feel in ProStreet is most evident in weight transfer, which plays a big role in achieving quick times around the circuits. If you can manage to roll your momentum through the tracks, you'll be that much quicker each lap.
Awesome.
Interestingly, some grip events will feature two classes of cars, and your goal will be to win the race in you current class.
What? There's car classes? Did I miss something? :?
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Nice drag mode. And new car:

1967 Chevrolet Camaro

Last edited by ahmad0410 on 21 Aug 2007, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

Prepare to heat your tires? . . that would go better in drifting IMO . . hope it doesn't get lame b4 start

:-s Heating your tires before a drag is very important actually. Makes the tires nice and sticky for more grip off the line... Could mean the difference between a win or loss...
cool . . I dint know the game got that much simulative :p
Last edited by maniksdi on 22 Aug 2007, 02:51, edited 1 time in total.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:Prepare to heat your tires? . . that would go better in drifting IMO . . hope it doesn't get lame b4 start
:-s Heating your tires before a drag is very important actually. Makes the tires nice and sticky for more grip off the line... Could mean the difference between a win or loss...
gotcha_nfscompl
Stock
Stock

Post by gotcha_nfscompl »

Yeah! Drag Racing is fantastic :)

Two new cars:
Chevy Chevelle SS '70

BMW M3 Coupe (previous generation)
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Awesome! Wow, didn't expect EA to include two different generations of BMW M3s. Maybe, just maybe, they'll include a replica (or the oppurtunity to make a replica) of the MW and Carbon M3s.

BTW, look at that Chevelle! I wonder if that's a result of revving up, or the car's just tuned like that.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

gotcha_nfscompl wrote:Yeah! Drag Racing is fantastic :)

Two new cars:
Chevy Chevelle SS '70

Thanks for the shots. :)
prince1142003 wrote:Awesome! Wow, didn't expect EA to include two different generations of BMW M3s.
Well, we got 2 different generations of the Skyline.

EDIT: Drag video (HD version) link added.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Oh noes.. A wheelie at drag races? I hate that!
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

lol? rx7 doing wheelie... is that possible? O_o

prince1142003 wrote:
Need for Speed Pro Street is all about the highest level of street racing.
I'm getting so tired of hearing that over and over again...
you should know by now they like to repeat such stuff over and over again :P

EDIT: also... Ryan Cooper? :|
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

Skyline_man wrote:

Two new cars:
Chevy Chevelle SS '70

Thanks for the shots. :)
prince1142003 wrote:Awesome! Wow, didn't expect EA to include two different generations of BMW M3s.
Well, we got 2 different generations of the Skyline.

EDIT: Drag video (HD version) link added.
We also have different generations of the EVO 8)

just watched the video . . and they really got on the wrong foot at the beginning . . . . . . the camaro looks ok with wheelie, not the rx7 . . did they bring hydraulics to the game? . . I would hate to see an evo do that . . oh my goodness! . . that would be aweful! #-o
Last edited by maniksdi on 22 Aug 2007, 10:23, edited 3 times in total.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

YaelDjiel wrote:lol? rx7 doing wheelie... is that possible? O_o
Thank God someone asked this question.. LOL! I was asking that to myself too as I was watching the video. :?
EuroCable
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EuroCable »

OMG ! EuroCable Love the 2 Wells Start !!! Image

-offtopic-
U can do this in NFS Underground 1 whit Honda S200 :D
I can't remember the settings ... but u need to start whit perfect shift and install Stock Tires and Level 1 Brake Kits
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:just watched the video . . and they really got on the wrong foot at the beginning . . . . . . the camaro looks ok with wheelie, not the rx7 . . did they bring hydraulics to the game? . . I would hate to see an evo do that . . oh my goodness! . . that would be aweful! #-o
LOL whatever, I doubt the evo would do that but the biggest error I see in your post is referring to a Hemi Cuda as mere Camaro(chevy mass produced more common than any mopar) #-o which has its place among muscle cars but not among the stock beast that was a 1970 hemi cuda [-X anyways the rx-7 doing a wheelie does catch you off guard but begs one to wonder how many horses they got under the hood of that rx-7???( along what suspension mods/weight reductions on the front end)? I mean didn't believe a toyota supra would wheelie(high hop) at one time till I seen it I got a feeling there gonna almost have full funny car mods, in nfs prostreet and drag class racing such(pro-eliminator, superstock, and street) every car in the game most likely won't be doing those extreme lanuches I would assume even fully modded, hopefully it will be a combination of a fully moded vehicle and great tunning to get the extreme results their showing.........................
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

Two new cars:
Chevy Chevelle SS '70

Ok you guys mentioned 3 new cars I'm only seeing one that wasn't carbon last year which is fine be me so far at this point in the list because EA's hopefully will recycle there muscle car licenses cause that was one, if not these best thing about nfs carbon in my opinion.. 67 camaro, 70 chevelle was covered the only one thats new is the BMW M3 Coupe as opposed to the GTR did guys not play carbon or did they exclude those cars from all but the collector's addition?
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Nice system for drag racing.
Hope we will see the drift king video soon.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

Tviper7 wrote:
|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:just watched the video . . and they really got on the wrong foot at the beginning . . . . . . the camaro looks ok with wheelie, not the rx7 . . did they bring hydraulics to the game? . . I would hate to see an evo do that . . oh my goodness! . . that would be aweful! #-o
LOL whatever, I doubt the evo would do that but the biggest error I see in your post is referring to a Hemi Cuda as mere Camaro(chevy mass produced more common than any mopar) #-o which has its place among muscle cars but not among the stock beast that was a 1970 hemi cuda [-X anyways the rx-7 doing a wheelie does catch you off guard but begs one to wonder how many horses they got under the hood of that rx-7???( along what suspension mods/weight reductions on the front end)? I mean didn't believe a toyota supra would wheelie(high hop) at one time till I seen it I got a feeling there gonna almost have full funny car mods, in nfs prostreet and drag class racing such(pro-eliminator, superstock, and street) every car in the game most likely won't be doing those extreme lanuches I would assume even fully modded, hopefully it will be a combination of a fully moded vehicle and great tunning to get the extreme results their showing.........................
good correction XD . . . actually i had the camaro in my mind from ahmad0410's tagged picture above . . . . anyway . . I was referring to muscle cars who are heavy on HP n Torque . . them doing the wheelie is appealing . . . . . . yeah . . . they are showing the really highly rigged cars from the game . . toyota supra doin the wheelie? . . lol . . somebody's filthy rich . . n bored :lol: . . I don expect evos doing the wheelie at all . . a 4WD car wouldn't do that . . the grip's tight enough, even burnouts are rare 8)
Python_S
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Python_S »

Actually modified Supras being the torquiest imports are the only imports that can really hold their own at wheelies against muscle cars. Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Ou1d5EEJc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS26BJRVsGI

Also i hope the wheelies are not too repetitive in the game because that would be kind of boring. Id prefer if they were only done by muscle cars.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

@ prince .. I don't think it's a replica, because in the MW game, was the Street GTR, and this one is the Coupe, it can be seen after the rims, and the simple bodykit, the rims that the Coupe has in the movie, it's the Stock ones for the previous series of M3. An CSL would be cool dough :D

Anyway, I'm more than happy and impressed that they added 2 BMW. I like the wheelie of the RX7 .. wickid!
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

i was expecting EA to stay on track this time with its reality simulation speech they said they would bring to the series but they just went totally off track now. Yea the heating up with the tires is a good thing to do but starting off with a perfect shift = 100% chance of popping a wheelie in any car is just plain stupid.

Did you see how high it went? Imagine a damn hatchback doing that let alone a AE86 or a Porsche. that would be horrible
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

Whats that shiznit about an RX7 doing a wheelie......

EA REFRESH YOUR MINDS!
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

If EA makes this wheelie system,it will mess up all the good things that ProStreet has it at this time.
And btw,how stupid is a supercar(maybe a Lamborghini) doing a wheelie?

Return to “News”