Sound Blaster Live, cannot get any sound

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
ravenclaw
Ricer
Ricer

Sound Blaster Live, cannot get any sound

Post by ravenclaw »

Hello,

i recently got some new speakers and i wanted a better sound card than my intergrated sound card for them, i disabled that and uninstalled the drivers and so on. when i plugged in my sound blaster live, windows recognised it and automatically installed it but i had no sound, i tried getting some more up to date drivers, that did not help either, i have also tried different pci slots and no luck still, if anyone knows how i might be able to get some sound with this card, please let me know, i have checked it and it should be compatible with my pc. and also i am running xp sp2 so it cant be a vista thing :(

thanks in advance :)
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Sound Blaster Live, cannot get any sound

Post by vellu »

Which drivers have you installed? Did you get the proper ones from Creative? The ones "auto-installed" by MS Windows are notorious for not working.
ravenclaw
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ravenclaw »

yeah, i got the right drivers, i used aida 32 to make sure it was the right card, anyways i have tried all the sound blaster live drivers and i still have no sound :(
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Try the KX drivers from the KX Project website. They work great for me.
ravenclaw
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ravenclaw »

nope still no luck :( i guess im stuck with sis intergrated card until i get a new pc

Return to “The Hardware & Software”