Showroom Weekly #1

The news visible on the main page
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Showroom Weekly #1

Post by Bojan »

We have a new online magazine up titled "The Showroom Weekly". Read issue #1 to find out what's happening in our Showroom and find out who the top tuners are. Also we're looking for an editor and writers.

In this issue
* New features in the Showroom
* In the Spotlight
* Word from the Staff

Read it here.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Showroom Weekly #1

Post by TS-X »

Nice idea... but i dont know how lont that will last. I remember the Featured option when MW arrived, and it didnt last all that long
ChZ^^
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ChZ^^ »

I see your point there, its hard to write about a game forever :lol:
Death Must Be Easy Because Life Is Hard?
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Hmmm. What would you write about?
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

I guess its about showroom mainly, and one of us users should be the writer. But its hard to say whats featured since its based on personal feeling about that car. So, i dont think it will last forever. Plus, if u give this writing to a noob thats rating all the cars with 10 and giving them favs its suicide for this option. Also... what else could u write about showroom? Only when a couple of guys get in fight because one didnt like the other ones car. Thats the only happening in the showroom, all other is the same. Big announces by "big tuners", their big projects, and their big collaborations are only the hype up for their average car. Thats all that is happening in the showroom from what i have seen.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Yep, been seeing many 10s being given out just like that to ricey cars. For me honestly I never gave 10 to any car unless its !@#$%^&^%$#@! beautiful.
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Don't you mean something like this ¬.¬?
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/34733
Explicit signature removed.
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

ahmad0410 wrote:Yep, been seeing many 10s being given out just like that to ricey cars. For me honestly I never gave 10 to any car unless its !@#$%^&^%$#@! beautiful.
True, but I think "ricey cars" are a bit more tolerable this time around because of the culture shift in ProStreet. Cars with layers of vinyls are no longer automatically considered ugly, and spoilers are alot more common now. Nothing wrong with that.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

ImJ wrote:Don't you mean something like this ¬.¬?
Nah, thats a good one isn't it. I would give it a 9.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I would gladly apply but I'm only 14 and I'm an automatic minimalist when it comes to writing.

IMO, it's a good idea if you give it to people that post in the forum often and have been registered long enough. I don't think this job should be given to anybody off the block.
Somebody that has been an NFSUnlimited user will understand what the site is like and what the majority of people would like. Someone that joined 2 days ago would probably post some random crap.

I'd like a moderator position, though. :>
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Old M3 isnt all that bad, but the fact that its nothing special, there is no artistic work in it at all, doesnt make it really a 10. New M3 is awfull! I would rate it with 6

For me, first thing car has to have is style... racing, euro tuner, drift, DUB, prostreet style, sleeper, exotic tune etc... The car without the style is instant low rate for me. Imagine DB9, max lowered, with tuner rims, somewhat like BBS, a huge tuner spoiler on it, massive FAT tuner wide body kit, and drift styled decals and vinyls. Thats instant ugly for me, there is no such thing as drifting with british elegance.
Tuned DB9 should look like this:
http://www.mansory.com/galerie/db9/db9_4_800.jpg
Next, car has got to be done to perfection in terms of vinyl, and that means, as good as it can. So there is no excuse for bad layering, some body areas uncovered where they should be covered, layer glitches, and repetitive vinyl ideas.

Kit has to fit the car, and the style. DBR9 cant be DUB... DB9 cant be drifter. Eurostyle has to have as low as the body gets, as least vents and CF in it as it can get... etc

Special care to details are for me one rate higher, new NEW idea +2,

Perfect car (rate 10) must NOT have any fault,... Any new idea for me means fav!

Thats how i look at them, and thats what i would feature.
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

So any clue of who the editers/writers are gonna be?

/Me wants to be an editer
Driv2Slow
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Driv2Slow wrote:So any clue of who the editers/writers are gonna be?

From what i know, those can be only the ones that send pm to bojan.
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

TS-X wrote:
Old M3 isnt all that bad, but the fact that its nothing special, there is no artistic work in it at all, doesnt make it really a 10. New M3 is awfull! I would rate it with 6

For me, first thing car has to have is style... racing, euro tuner, drift, DUB, prostreet style, sleeper, exotic tune etc... The car without the style is instant low rate for me. Imagine DB9, max lowered, with tuner rims, somewhat like BBS, a huge tuner spoiler on it, massive FAT tuner wide body kit, and drift styled decals and vinyls. Thats instant ugly for me, there is no such thing as drifting with british elegance.
Tuned DB9 should look like this:
http://www.mansory.com/galerie/db9/db9_4_800.jpg
Next, car has got to be done to perfection in terms of vinyl, and that means, as good as it can. So there is no excuse for bad layering, some body areas uncovered where they should be covered, layer glitches, and repetitive vinyl ideas.

Kit has to fit the car, and the style. DBR9 cant be DUB... DB9 cant be drifter. Eurostyle has to have as low as the body gets, as least vents and CF in it as it can get... etc

Special care to details are for me one rate higher, new NEW idea +2,

Perfect car (rate 10) must NOT have any fault,... Any new idea for me means fav!

Thats how i look at them, and thats what i would feature.
"Imagine DB9, max lowered, with tuner rims, somewhat like BBS, a huge tuner spoiler on it, massive FAT tuner wide body kit"

With that description, it sounds like you can make a Grand Touring car out of a DB9. I think it'd look good. Sometimes risks are taken and beautiful results come up ;o Okay, except for "tuner rims", since when did BBS represent tuner style?
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

DBR9 or DBRS9 is for GT cars... not the stock DB9. It simply isnt. And by tuner WBK i means like huge numerous intakes, enormous mufflers, ... u know, the ones like EA does. Awfull!
BTW u missed drift styled vinyl. That doesnt make car look GT

BBS are tuner rims, and racing in some cases. Not luxury for sure. Ad DB9 requires luxury. DBR9, racing.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Driv2Slow wrote:So any clue of who the editers/writers are gonna be?

Firstly, edit your editer to editor. :)
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

TS-X wrote: BBS are tuner rims, and racing in some cases.
Do i need to remind you that BBS is the main rim supplier for the F1, WTCC, WRC, Champ Cars etc....
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

RVD wrote:
TS-X wrote: BBS are tuner rims, and racing in some cases.
Do i need to remind you that BBS is the main rim supplier for the F1, WTCC, WRC, Champ Cars etc....
Yes but not the BBS models u have in NFS...

Thats the main reason why i just dont put them on exotics
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I don't want to be annoying but the DB9 is a GT car, the DBR9 is a LeMans racing car in the GT series.
But the term GT aplies to Gran Turismo, wich in terms are cars that have nothing to do with racing cars. but are infact luxurious cars with alot of power to go fast but in style and comfort and for long distances.
Cars like:
Aston Martin DB9 (basicly all Aston Martins)
Ferrari 599 GTB
Bentley continental GT

The FIA GT series is something completely diffirent, it is races cars based on roadcars but homolagated for racing.

So please don't say the DB9 is not a GT car cause it is as GT as it can get.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Yeh stig is right. It is GT, 2 door, coupe car. So was is described in Fast Lane Daily.

Anyway, what i wanted to say is, DB9 isnt tuning/customizing/styling friendly. I mean, not as much as G35 for example. Not that there isnt any tuned DB9... its just that its tuned/styled in different way.
ccrst92
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ccrst92 »

Well, if there still is room, I could be one of the editors, even though I have a style close to Jeremy Clarkson (if I don't like something, I say it, but I can offend certain people).

And by the way, I can't be subjective and say that my PS cars are the best because Pro Street doesn't run on my computer at the moment (but it will run like next year or something close to it).
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

OffTopic001 wrote:"Imagine DB9, max lowered, with tuner rims, somewhat like BBS, a huge tuner spoiler on it, massive FAT tuner wide body kit"

With that description, it sounds like you can make a Grand Touring car out of a DB9. I think it'd look good. Sometimes risks are taken and beautiful results come up ;o Okay, except for "tuner rims", since when did BBS represent tuner style?
OffTopic002 wrote:DBR9 or DBRS9 is for GT cars... not the stock DB9. It simply isnt. And by tuner WBK i means like huge numerous intakes, enormous mufflers, ... u know, the ones like EA does. Awfull!
BTW u missed drift styled vinyl. That doesnt make car look GT

BBS are tuner rims, and racing in some cases. Not luxury for sure. Ad DB9 requires luxury. DBR9, racing.
OffTopic003 wrote:Do i need to remind you that BBS is the main rim supplier for the F1, WTCC, WRC, Champ Cars etc....
OffTopic004 wrote:Yes but not the BBS models u have in NFS...

Thats the main reason why i just dont put them on exotics
OffTopic005 wrote:I don't want to be annoying but the DB9 is a GT car, the DBR9 is a LeMans racing car in the GT series.
But the term GT aplies to Gran Turismo, wich in terms are cars that have nothing to do with racing cars. but are infact luxurious cars with alot of power to go fast but in style and comfort and for long distances.
Cars like:
Aston Martin DB9 (basicly all Aston Martins)
Ferrari 599 GTB
Bentley continental GT

The FIA GT series is something completely diffirent, it is races cars based on roadcars but homolagated for racing.

So please don't say the DB9 is not a GT car cause it is as GT as it can get.
OffTopic006 wrote:Yeh stig is right. It is GT, 2 door, coupe car. So was is described in Fast Lane Daily.

Anyway, what i wanted to say is, DB9 isnt tuning/customizing/styling friendly. I mean, not as much as G35 for example. Not that there isnt any tuned DB9... its just that its tuned/styled in different way.
Off-topic much?

And I believe that the reporter looks for popular cars and not just random card they like themselves.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

is there any confirmed date about the release of the downloadable cars ?? if there is ?? plz tell me :D and can u guys plz put a link to the source of downloading these cars ??? 10x :mrgreen:
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Stereo wrote: Off-topic much?
And I believe that the reporter looks for popular cars and not just random card they like themselves.
Hello Mr Moderator.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Seeming as you're actually a mod, you shouldn't be talking about Aston Martins in this Showroom Weekly topic, should you?

Return to “News”