Unlock level 4 parts

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
selder
Ricer
Ricer

Unlock level 4 parts

Post by selder »

Since the 1.1 patch removed the functionality of some cheatcodes, I'm stuck at level 3 parts. I've searched the web on how to unlock them anyway, but haven't found any answer.

Am I searching for something I'll never find? ;)
RobinZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Unlock level 4 parts

Post by RobinZ »

umm "unlockallthings" in secret codes... It doesn't work? haven't tried it on 1.1 yet.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Just race and dominate and race the kings you'll eventually get some of the stage 4 parts.
selder
Ricer
Ricer

Post by selder »

Worked fine before the upgrade, but that code is not accepted anymore. Uninstalled NFSPS, reinstalled, applied patch and then tried the code again but no aval.

I hate it in racegames that you have the absolute best performant car ... at the end of the game, when you need to play as less as 10 races to win the game. re-tar-ded.
snoopdogg879
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Sitting in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Edition that is fully tricked out

Post by snoopdogg879 »

Just get rid of the patch. I d never put a patch on my game because its working just fine and it doesn't need a patch.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

snoopdogg879 wrote:Just get rid of the patch. I d never put a patch on my game because its working just fine and it doesn't need a patch.
speak for yourself, I need the patch to play LAN mode.

@ selder, just reinstall the game, don't apply the patch, enter the game, apply the "unlockallthings" code, then just tune your ride @ lvl 4, apply the patch and the parts will be available for the same car, even if it's stock. tune up your favorite cars to lvl 4, then install the patch ;)
selder
Ricer
Ricer

Post by selder »

Dang, I just started my second career without the lvl4 cheat code. Are savegames between v1.0 and v1.1 interchangable?
snoopdogg879
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Sitting in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Edition that is fully tricked out

Post by snoopdogg879 »

I don't know. I think they are, but I'm not entirely sure.

@danyutz: I don't need it for LAN play because my game is messed up whenever I try to log into EA; it goes through the whole thing but when it tells me to enter my CD key, will my key has already been used or that it is an incorrect key or blah blah blah
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

there's a difference between LAN mode and online. If you plan to play on LAN you don't need to log into EA servers.
snoopdogg879
Drift King
Drift King

Post by snoopdogg879 »

how do you get onto the LAN mode
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

1. Download and install the patch.
2. Start the LAN Server program located in the ONLINE folder in the PS install folder.
3. Make sure the necessary ports are unblocked in your firewall. Read the LAN readme for more info.
4. Start the game, and choose LAN play from the main menu.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

selder wrote:Since the 1.1 patch removed the functionality of some cheatcodes, I'm stuck at level 3 parts. I've searched the web on how to unlock them anyway, but haven't found any answer.

Am I searching for something I'll never find? ;)
Hopefully some nice person here will find a way to hex edit so that level 4 parts are available from the start and create a save game. [-o< I'm afraid Hex Editing is well and truly beyond me, otherwise would have had a go :oops:

Because I am in the same boat, in that I have played through and beaten Ryo once, only getting 1 level 4 part, tyres for my Supra drag car. I had to use the "unlockallthings" code, which €A have, as you know, now removed. The patch rubber-ducked my save game, so I've had to start a new one and am still obtaining next to no level 4 parts :roll:
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

I've beaten the game and received 3 lvl 4 parts across 11 cars.. amongst which level 4 brakes for my grip murcielago.. yeah.. right.. real nice.. rofl! Received a new tranny for my Rx-7 and I think suspensions for my drift 350z.. but I can't get past the frustration that lvl 4 parts can be gotten through cheating.. this makes honest acquiring of those parts through playing the game.. useless and obsolete, if you want to go online and have a fair chance. Every punk there runs lvl 4, obviously.. which, imo, ruins the game. It doesn't force people to cheat, I know.. but it certainly lures them..
selder
Ricer
Ricer

Post by selder »

That may be true indeed, but I'm not willing to invest hours and hours in the game to get all the lvl4 parts. Racing, winning, picking your price - wrong price - don't save, but replay the race you have just won, no thanks.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I hope it bloody well doesn't want me to install it on my PS3 version!!

Then I'd have to pay 10 bucks of real money to buy the parts from the PS Store!!

Stupid patches...
selder
Ricer
Ricer

Post by selder »

hm. Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

- uninstalled NFSPS completely and removed the "NFS Prostreet" folder from My Documents.
- reinstalled NFSPS v1.0
- started a new career
- put in all the cheatcodes (especially "unlockallthings"
- verified that I could buy every car, didn't check lvl4 upgrades though.
- saved career
- restarted NFSPS and verified that I still could buy all cars, even started a new career to see if all cars showed up in that career - they did.
- installed patch (1.1)
- launched a previously saved career
- yelled at EA.

All cars tier1+ cars are locked again, and I can't upgrade the cars in my garage to level 4 parts! wth!

I want LAN play and lvl4 cars! ;)

*edit*

Ah, I think I see now ... lvl4 parts are still locked per car even when you legally unlocked them (without a cheat code). So after cheating, upgrade all cars you want, and then upgrade NFSPS to 1.1. Ok, gonna try now.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

The cheat codes only worked per launch. If you used them once, exited the game, and started the game back up again, everything would be locked again. You're wasting your time trying to get this to work with the 1.1 patch.
selder
Ricer
Ricer

Post by selder »

Oh :)

Let me quote you on that when I race you in my level 4 Zonda in a LAN game sometime.

In other words: it worked, just to be complete, here's how:

- install NFSPS1 1.0 and start a career
- use a money cheat (ArtMoney SE) and give yourself a couple of millions
- buy all cars you want and kit them with level 4 parts and - duh - save your career. Advice: safe multiple careers, because sometimes the savegames get corrupted when updating the game.
- install patch 1.1
- you'll see that everything is locked again, and so are the level 4 parts.
- except for the cars you already upgraded with level 4 cars! muhaha! Enjoy your level4 cars in multiplayer!!
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Well, duh. Installing the parts on the car works. You just won't be able to install them on other cars that you didn't have them installed on.
Argentum47
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Argentum47 »

i just wish someone would make a modified savegame that allows us to use level 4 parts.
RobinZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RobinZ »

that wouldn't be a modified savegame, that's modding the game itself.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

This has actually been done a long time ago... and there are a number of ways to solve this. First when updating, make sure you have the right version exe if using a no CD exe. Back up your save.

Second:
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15696
This has a patch to add the codes for unlock all things, collectors ed and the booster packs.

Third:
Modify your exe yourself. Just need a freeware hex editor and you replace 4 numbers... just need to find the thread. However, I've replaced cashmoney, zerozerozero, safetynet and reggame... so try the second idea if you want those codes.
Noticed the increasing values in column 11 on the pic i posted?
This byte says which code does what.
So... they locked the unlock codes ... who cares?
- Just change the number of a working code to that of a locked code.

example: i changed
cz1(0B) to (00)
reggame(0C) to (11)
extracash(0D) to (12)
freerepairs(0E) to (13)
and this is what i got:
zerozerozero now unlocksallthings
reggame unlocks collectorsed
cashmoney unlocks boostercarpack1
safetynet unlocks boostercarpack2
(the codes you have to enter and the text in the executable are a bit different)

how's that?
This was written by: Albtraum

Wat you do is search for the text string of the above codes, and replace the mentioned numbers.
I used this: http://www.hhdsoftware.com/Products/hom ... -free.html

You shouldn't have to resort to the last one though... if the patch doesn't work, restart and if all else fails... step 3.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

does unlockallthings work for PS2?

because i've tried it once, with autosave turned off, and it unlocked all of the cars but no stage 4 parts.

Since I'm going fine without cheats, i didn't save it and i am still playing without cheats.
oh snap

Return to “ProStreet”