Your Thoughts about NFS: Pro Street

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Your Thoughts about NFS: Pro Street

Post by powerof1000 »

Yeah, anyway... I find ProStreet great for taking shots of the supercars (I try to mod them as little as possible). Sometimes a good shot can make a great wallpaper :)
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
rhyno_
Stock
Stock

Post by rhyno_ »

pro street iz super .i m adicted to it!!
Zpectre
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zpectre »

Striker94 wrote:It's just the old EA 'equalizer' thing, where even if you have a faster car, the 'better' drivers will still be just as fast as you.

And, like I said before in other threads, could you beat Rudy Chen with a 602hp Skyline or 700hp Evo X? (I race on Auto and King)
I beat him with a 746hp M3 E46. :mrgreen: But I had to literally throw my car around and take shortcuts through the sandy areas. Willow Springs is hard with an RWD car. :evil:

The funny thing is, you race him prior to the G-Effect events in the Autobahnring showdown and, although his car has the same 613hp, his AI is comparable to that of Ray Krieger (he's slower than even the Evo IX you also race against in that event).
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Hey guys, correct but it seems there are no visualmods in the PSP version :?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

GINIX_2007 wrote:Hey guys, correct but it seems there are no visualmods in the PSP version :?
Wow... that sucks... it's the best part, lol.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

oh my god! #-o

that sucks! i agree with baumaxx that customizationg is just about the best thing in prostreet, but i like drifting better...
oh snap
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

setsunakute wrote:The big no-no's that I find with this game (many of which were a problem since Most Wanted):
  • The drift nanny
  • Turning off driving aids doesn't really turn them off
  • ABS is an on-off affair
  • You can still "heat up your tires" with the clutch lifted
  • "Autosculpt"
  • The much-bragged tuning system is utterly pathetic in comparison to Gran Turismo
  • Still the same ugly/functionless aero kits/wings from Most Wanted
  • Nitrous
  • Why can you only install one racing seat?
  • Decal resolution is weewee-poor
  • The selection of decals is disgusting and is littered with worthless North American brands
  • No works decals (Nismo, TRD, Cosworth, Mugen, etc.)?
  • The wheelie competition
  • Utter absence of turbo lag
  • The physics engine is different for drift events
  • I can accelerate in 3rd gear as fast as I would in 1st for almost every car
  • Why is TCS on if it doesn't combat wheelspin?
  • Too much performance stake in curb weight (AE86 outaccelerating my BNR34?)
  • System requirements for the PC are ridiculous
  • No Honda S2000?
  • Rollcage does nothing to chassis stiffness
  • Rear GT-style wings are only available in carbon fibre texture; can't be painted
  • Widebody kits don't improve handling
  • Wider tire widths yield no improvement in traction
  • Lack of real-world mechanical units for tuning
  • "Engine upgrades" have a more drastic impact than a gigantic "stage 3 turbocharger"
  • AI drivers cause more damage to my car than I do
  • The juvenile digital tachometer, speedometer, and boost meter
  • Engine can only 'blow' during a drag race
  • No S14 Silvia
  • Spring and shock rates are inconsistent between cars (some are inherently MUCH firmer)
  • Why is every car ridiculously lowered in the car lot before you buy them?
  • No MR-S
  • Ugly bonnet designs
  • No Ebisu East Road Course
  • Tire smoke is ridiculously overplayed
  • Custom exhaust tips can only be used with an Autosculpt aero kit
  • Wheel choices are littered with undesirable companies and wheels (where's Advan?)
  • Why does almost every wheel have a polished chrome lip?
  • Wheel offsets do nothing
  • Downforce is hardly influenced by the rear wing (it should be)
  • The whole Top Speed Challenge concept
  • How many Mustangs and Corvettes does this game need?
  • No Celsior? (Lexus GS Twin Turbo)
  • Can I ever accelerate without wheelspin and a gigantic hurricane of smoke?
  • A lot of boring courses of no real challenge
  • The drafting system is done completely wrong
  • No tire wear
  • The announcer gets annoying sometimes
  • "Grip Class" races are wholly unnecessary
  • Tuning/description/effect of sway bars and tire pressure is completely wrong
  • No discernible improvement between any drivetrain upgrades
  • Complete lack of LSD tuning
  • The first Civic you win, which is essentially stock, can do a 270km/h pass on the drag strip?
  • No Integra Type-R DC5
  • The 1000+ vinyls and decals need thumbnail previews
  • Music is still shiznit compared to their in-house material of NFS2 and NFS3 (1997-98)
  • Most upgrades cost obscene amounts of money for negligible improvement over its prior stage
  • No weather effects or wet driving conditions
  • Handbrake in drift events has the wrong effect
  • No NSX
  • The GT-R prototype is unnecessary
  • No custom or more readable gauges
  • Why is there a Spearco decal when there are no intercoolers?
  • No discernible difference in torque curve between supercharger and turbocharger
  • Heating up my tires for drag events yields no discernible improvement in launch
  • Why is the exhaust tip on the wrong side, depending on which Autosculpt kit I use? And why two?
  • No effect on performance from wheel weight and diameter
  • Choosing a car to win when dominating a race day ejects me from the event, regardless of me not finishing some races
  • Progressive Insurance product placement makes no absolutely no sense.
I prefer the good old days of NFS2, Hot Pursuit, and Porsche Unleashed.

This is EA's fifth failed attempt at 'pseudo-realistic tuning'. I don't want to use kiddie slidebars to tune my car like they do in Forza; I need real numbers and units, like in Gran Turismo: kgmm, ps/kg, drive ratios to the thousandth, bar, psi, mu coefficient, kg/cm, etc.

I think ProStreet is a mediocre game. It's certainly a vast improvement over Most Wanted and particularly over Carbon as far as driving dynamics and racing (the key aspects of a racing game, no?) are concerned.
I have just started playing NFS PS seriously, because of a bug (runs well, then start lagging a lot (after 0-2 races, but somehow I managed to get it work longer or even fix it). And another bug prevents me from putting decals and vinyls on (manipulating them is so firetrucking slow...!) I like this game very much (can't say if it's better than Porsche unleashed or HP2, NFS's now are like a completely new game), but I agree with almost all of your long list with complaints (EA should see them).

And I'd also like to add:
  • Downforce and grip in the aerodynamics don't help in any way. It's better to be without a spoiler and rather fill that drag bar.
  • Mitsubishy lancers and nissan skylines ran by me, and I had a nissan gtr with best performance parts. Similar problems are around for a long time and they still aren't fixed.
  • The more ricey and expencive the part is, the more aerodynamic it is.
  • The game's buggered.
  • Front wheels (or maybe that's only with FWD) are too big and stick out of the body in drag mode. Maybe in real life It would be useful, but it's ugly (if it is useful in real life, normal wheels would still go with the arcadiness of the game).
  • If you win a race and earn cash, then not go to the race selection or how it's called, but race again and win cash again. You don't get the cash you got before. EA needs a bugzilla.
  • No freeroam.
  • No drifting outside the drift mode.
  • blablabla...Ryan Cooper...blabla...Ryan Cooper...Why is your char so important in the game (or why does announcer think so)
  • Why are "best drivers" always assholes?
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Heres a few answers-

a) Skylines have been immortalised in NFS games for a LONG time, so don't expect any change...

b) Yes, the tuning system is completely wrong, but the handvrake does do one thing-it locks the brakes!

c) The thing about decals/vinyls taking a long time to load/edit is not just a bug on PC. It takes about 5-10seconds to lead/edit each vinyl/decal on PS2... :x

d) While I agree that some of the aerokits are ugly, there are still some which do have a noticable change to the driving dynamics, and some of them do look good...

e) Pherhaps they didn't put works decals because it would cost too much to register them?

f) Not sure about pc, but on PS2 there is only 2 bonnets(4 including carbon fibre versions of the 2 originals)

g) NSX is available in collector's edition pack for free dowload

h) Progressive Insurance gives you extra markers every while...

i) Apparently the aerokit also changes the exhaust system...

j) 90% of people in this forum don't think EA has completely 'refined' (as in finished)this game

k) Drivetrain packages do improve mid-corner speed and control

l) As you mentioned, a lot of stack is placed on weight. That's why the Civic at the start is so fast

m) There are only two Corvettes, so don't complain about them. However, the fast that there is 4 Mustangs, is something to be very concerned about... (aka WTF!)

n) I have a feeling that the smoke was made dramatic to make it seem more exciting

o) The top speed challenge is essentially speed trap races from MW

p) To get a custom exhaust tip, simply select 'stock autoscult' as your aerokit!

q) The 'best drivers are always assholes because that's how they got to their position-by being assholes!
oh snap
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I also think that the game should be released a month later and they should improve it. (Why does it take so long to edit the vinyls and decals, worst bug ever (since it seems I fixed the lag one)).
Two Corvettes is kind of much (I think one would be enough).
And stock autosculpt aerokit still doesn't allow custom exhaust tip (I call this forced ricing, it's been around since NFS U).
snoopdogg879
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Sitting in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Edition that is fully tricked out

Post by snoopdogg879 »

bottom line.......it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Sure I can run it no problem on the highest graphics with no lag but it completely killed the nfs trend of free roam and cops. Its more fun when you can kill cops and just well drive where ever and not just race all of the time.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

snoopdogg879 wrote:bottom line.......it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Sure I can run it no problem on the highest graphics with no lag but it completely killed the nfs trend of free roam and cops. Its more fun when you can kill cops and just well drive where ever and not just race all of the time.
Actually that's not the nfs trend...
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

underground/street racing has always been the NFS trend, but now they've strayed away, to no avail...

but, as i've mentioned before, at least they've tried something new, and hopefully they'll realize it didn't work and move on...

The main problem for me is that on PS2 they have less cars, less mods, 5-10 second loading time for eveything, including decals, 20 seconds saving time etc.

And they have 2 different physics engines-one for drift and one for everything else...
oh snap
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

With all of this being said, I have every right to say that everyone wants the old concept of NFS and that concept only.

Little do ProStreet haters realize is that doing the same things will only take a franchise so far. It won't hurt to try something new for once, as the one above me just said. Besides, it's not like the game has to be liked by everyone.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

peterfaj wrote:

Too right it isn't the NFS trend, from the first aaaalllll the way to HP2 was about ridiculously fast STOCK supercars... Not riceburners and free roam. Cops were only featured on two of those games that I know of.
peterfaj wrote:I also think that the game should be released a month later and they should improve it. (Why does it take so long to edit the vinyls and decals, worst bug ever (since it seems I fixed the lag one)).
And stock autosculpt aerokit still doesn't allow custom exhaust tip (I call this forced ricing, it's been around since NFS U).
Two Corvettes is not much, 4 Mustangs, 3 GTRs is... And why the hell aren't you guys counting the Stingray as a Corvette?? It's more of a Corvette than anything else...
Striker94 wrote:underground/street racing has always been the NFS trend, but now they've strayed away, to no avail...
#-o Underground racing was the MODERN trend really. It was featured in 4 games, which IS quite a few. However, the CLASSIC (and all around better) trend was the super supercars trend, on make-believe but fun tracks, with cars you're never going to buy. It was featured in... 7 games...
snoopdogg879
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Sitting in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Edition that is fully tricked out

Post by snoopdogg879 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:
peterfaj wrote:

Too right it isn't the NFS trend, from the first aaaalllll the way to HP2 was about ridiculously fast STOCK supercars... Not riceburners and free roam. Cops were only featured on two of those games that I know of.
peterfaj wrote:I also think that the game should be released a month later and they should improve it. (Why does it take so long to edit the vinyls and decals, worst bug ever (since it seems I fixed the lag one)).
Two Corvettes is not much, 4 Mustangs, 3 GTRs is... And why the hell aren't you guys counting the Stingray as a Corvette?? It's more of a Corvette than anything else...
Striker94 wrote:underground/street racing has always been the NFS trend, but now they've strayed away, to no avail...
#-o Underground racing was the MODERN trend really. It was featured in 4 games, which IS quite a few. However, the CLASSIC (and all around better) trend was the super supercars trend, on make-believe but fun tracks, with cars you're never going to buy. It was featured in... 7 games...
WOW! I wanted to see what happened when I said that and you guys didn't disappoint me =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
It's really fun to watch everybody go crazy and whatever over one post.....again wow.... =D> =D> =D> =D>
Look at everything you guys posted because of one post from me.

wow I got a lot of people posting because of the one post and really thats not what I think.....
I think that it is a really fun game. Although I can't free roam it is fun to race all of the tracks and build the different cars. The damage is really good......overall fun game but it's not the BEST nfs I've played.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

I have to agree with snoopdogg 'cause that's what you can do after you finish the game.
And imo it's better than that boring thing called Carbon...

EA said that they will go to their roots.
Its roots means UG2 or Hot Pursuit 2 ?
A more detailed Gfx HP with more new cars and tuning(deep, but not ricey) sounds good...
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

snoopdogg879 wrote:WOW! I wanted to see what happened when I said that...
yeah right. But you are right that your post got a lot of quotes.
snoopdogg879
Drift King
Drift King

Post by snoopdogg879 »

I actually did want to see what happened

@taz: as long as there is free roam and cops but not a storyline about cops like MW and no more cross because cross is getting kind of old. I don't really care about the cars it has.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

@koenigsegg- after a bit of research, you're correct.

For the next game, i want realistic physics, and definately only one physics engine. Also, I don't want any stereotypes added in-R34Skyline>everything, american cars=fail, RX-7=super drifter. It doesn't make any sense!

Also, a few more current day supercars, such as the Saleen, Corvette ZR1, GT40, Zonda R, GTR...

And delete the golf. I mean, WTF!
oh snap
snoopdogg879
Drift King
Drift King

Post by snoopdogg879 »

if there is a free roam, damage and cops. they don't go together because if you are in free roam with damage and the cops are chasing you your dead because one hit of a roadblock at high speed your car is totaled. I hit a wall head on at high speed just to see what would happen in pro street and I totalled my car.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I'd like another game like Pro Street. I love this game. It finally works! We'd need some "bugfixes" and even more realistic game. And I'd like it to run on my PC. This one runs great on my GeForce 6600 GT and AMD Athlon 64 3000+ I can run it with everything max, 4xAA, 1280x1024 resolution, just world settings at low (I wouldn't dare try and higher it, cause every time I change the graphics the game lags for some time (weird) and I'm really happy with what I got, I don't realize any lack of detail in the game world. Usually my eyes are on the road and road's textures are pretty much nice) The car selection is pretty nice, though there are a lot of old cars, which I don't like and it takes a long time (longer than other cars) to load itself in the car lot (can you change those old cars with those bugatty veyron and other in the game, but not in the game). But the visual tuning isn't good. For supercars there's too much tuning for supercars (I like racing with stock supercars), but there's not enough for import rides. And vinyl, decal system is SLOW, very annoying, it was ok in Carbon, so they definitely did something wrong in the coding. Overall, it's a very cool game.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

peterfaj wrote:I'd like another game like Pro Street. I love this game. It finally works! We'd need some "bugfixes" and even more realistic game. And I'd like it to run on my PC. This one runs great on my GeForce 6600 GT and AMD Athlon 64 3000+ I can run it with everything max, 4xAA, 1280x1024 resolution, just world settings at low (I wouldn't dare try and higher it, cause every time I change the graphics the game lags for some time (weird) and I'm really happy with what I got, I don't realize any lack of detail in the game world. Usually my eyes are on the road and road's textures are pretty much nice) The car selection is pretty nice, though there are a lot of old cars, which I don't like and it takes a long time (longer than other cars) to load itself in the car lot (can you change those old cars with those bugatty veyron and other in the game, but not in the game). But the visual tuning isn't good. For supercars there's too much tuning for supercars (I like racing with stock supercars), but there's not enough for import rides. And vinyl, decal system is SLOW, very annoying, it was ok in Carbon, so they definitely did something wrong in the coding. Overall, it's a very cool game.
Agreed.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

OK IMO Pro street is a major failure!
1. NFS was never a smulation racer!Dont get me wrong I love Sim Racers but NFS was always about just selecting a expensive super car and blasting down a sweet country road. Thats what made NFS a successes!
2. NFS PS is simply an unfinished game!!! EA has gotten lazy!!! it all started from NFSHP2, the game is simply not finished. I mean cmon look at how complete NFSPU was!!! It had everything! You had "REPLAYS" that u could "SAVE" you could customize almost every aspect of the game! I mean heck you had custom soundtracks! you could customize your HUD, select day or night, u had a horn, headlights, indicators...... i could go all night but sleep is beating the crap out of me.
3. BTW Um is it me or is quick race missing?
4. Customizing your cars is murder!!! you know what i could really go on all night but i wont!

I said this last year and i will say it again! If EA wants to bring NFS back to the top, just re-create NFS 2 SE, 3 and NFS PU mix em together with some next gen graphics and BAM!! winning formula and just call it NFS legends or something like that!

One more thing EA!!! TDU took that winning formula I mentioned already!!!so has Forza and PGR!!! people those game represent what NFS should have evolved into!! I'm out.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

I reckon i'll still prefer Forza 1&2.

BUT, if EA can do the things I mentioned before, maybe they'll convince me to jump ship... [-o<
oh snap
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

GINIX_2007 wrote:OK IMO Pro street is a major failure!
1. NFS was never a smulation racer!Dont get me wrong I love Sim Racers but NFS was always about just selecting a expensive super car and blasting down a sweet country road. Thats what made NFS a successes!
2. NFS PS is simply an unfinished game!!! EA has gotten lazy!!! it all started from NFSHP2, the game is simply not finished. I mean cmon look at how complete NFSPU was!!! It had everything! You had "REPLAYS" that u could "SAVE" you could customize almost every aspect of the game! I mean heck you had custom soundtracks! you could customize your HUD, select day or night, u had a horn, headlights, indicators...... i could go all night but sleep is beating the crap out of me.
3. BTW Um is it me or is quick race missing?
4. Customizing your cars is murder!!! you know what i could really go on all night but i wont!
1. NFS PS is not a sim racer.
2. NFS PS is a finished game, it's the final product. But I agree 100% that they should have waited a month or two and make some bugfixes and improvements. I miss replays. Replays probably weren't that far away, because you can save ghost and that's very similar (in technical terms too). Yes, NFS PU had a lot of small features, which add up and make the game even better.
3. I didn't really like quick race a lot, and that's mostly because you get a random car randomly tuned car that sux, but in PS you only have a few cars to chose from and you can't tune 'em, which sux on a whole new level.
4. Customizing in NFS PS sux. Supercars should not be visually tuned. While imports from Asia NEED to be tuned (but there's not enough (and unrealistic) parts and to fix that, they made more bugs (including annoying and slow vinyl/decal movement)).

I have no idea why I quoted your message and wrote this.

Return to “ProStreet”