Will you be a street racer when you grow up?

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.

Would you want to street race when you grow up?

Course I would
25%
No way! Mommy!
26%
Meh, maybe
49%

Total votes: 73

Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Will you be a street racer when you grow up?

Post by Carcrazy »

My uncle's done it before... he said your sore as hell the next day. :lol:
Dizzi
Professional
Professional

Post by Dizzi »

ye my uncle did it for a bit, but he just said that it was costing to much. he had his car all resprayed and that so that he could start again not long ago, dont no what happened with that lol
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Here in Aus, or at least in my city, the cops pull over and find any possible means to defect P-plater cars, when what they SHOULD be doing is targeting the REAL dangerous drivers. Like the major accident on the backstreets which caused 3 teenagers to be killed and 2 critically injured. Speaking of which, police don't do enough patrolling of the outskirts of town here, which is where the major accidents occur because people are going too fast.
Yeah... a friend had to get out of maccas otherwise he'd be defected because our neighbors were doing burnouts... "P-platers were seen to be doing burnouts in the area... it might be a good idea to get out of here in 5 minutes or we'll defect your car..." :roll:

The closest I get to street racing is getting to 50 or 60 a little bit quicker. Oh... and overtaking grannies doing 45 in a 60 zone.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

My mum and a couple of people had a random race to see who could overtake 20 FC Holdens the fastest yesterday. My mum won of course... MY04 Rexes FTW!
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Where did you find 20 FCs? Was it a club meet? I'm sure they wouldn't have been too happy about it :|
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

@Koenigsegg_Rox's story: Now THAT is funny. I guess a lot of people on this board that live in Australia hate Commodores, or something. :lol:

Anyways, as for the main topic, I probably wouldn't street race. I'd most definitely get a nice car, if I had the money, and I might have to take it to a track to test how fast it could go and maybe do a few quarter-mile runs, and possibly autocross. However, how hard I'd push the car would depend on what I get. If I get a real beater I might have to start out ACTUALLY pushing it. Get it? Ahahahaha.... [/intentionally lame joke]

Actually, I do see a lot of modified cars around the town I live in. I saw and heard a nice 300ZX once - the bodykit was modded and the car was severely lacking paint, but it sounded awesome and obviously had a custom turbo kit. To be honest, I see (or hear) at least 5 modded / riced cars a day. However, I'm not sure this is the right thread for talking about stuff like that, so I'll stop talking about partially off-topic stuff.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

boganbusman wrote:Where did you find 20 FCs? Was it a club meet? I'm sure they wouldn't have been too happy about it :|
There was a Panel Van Show n Shine just coming into Port MacDonnell, then on the grass near the beach were about 50 or so FC Holdens. Then on the way back to Mount Gambier, we passed about 20 or so of them as they were heading back into town.

Oh and RCD, it's probably just me who hates Holdens... even though they're basically our only contribution to the automotive industry apart from Ford Falcons and the Carbontech Redback.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

TheStig wrote:
xturbo wrote:
It has been told many many times that this could really solve the situation on streets..but what is exactly what police is doing? IMHO, motivating the ppl to keep racing on streets...
How do the Police motivate the people who streetrace?
I don't get it.
It's the city who has to make sure the illegal streetracing is stoped, by organizing legal races etc. the police doesn't do that, it's not their task.
THe police are creating drag races in proper tracks/sometimes in airports. It's legal, and they even have their own Falcon Ute with tyred that creat blue smake...
oh snap
FOREVER_LIVERPOOL
Ricer
Ricer

Post by FOREVER_LIVERPOOL »

I won't.
FOREVER_LIVERPOOL
Ricer
Ricer

Post by FOREVER_LIVERPOOL »

Why? It's illegal and I don't want to get busted by the cops!!!!!!!
Am I making the right choice?
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Street race= yes
Double Posting= fail.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

may I ask what time zone nfsunlimited is operating in?
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Street racing is just plain dangerous, the roads are horrible and plain dangerous over 60ks. The mountain roads near Adelaide are a hell of a lot of fun though... but you'd be nuts (near suicidal) to push 100% on them.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Yep, way too dangerous, and I heard quite a while ago that the last of NT's no-speed-limit road are gone... :?
oh snap
aneesh99
Ricer
Ricer

Post by aneesh99 »

I would never street race, but maybe the odd full throttle start from a stop sign! My dad is a doctor, and to be fair, I have seen what happens to racers (F*cked up, injured or by the cops, or dead.) I'd tune my car though. But most people who tune their cars get hassle from the cops (e.g. some of my old mates and my cousin in California, they get pulled over every day by the CHP.) Just stick to drag strips and track days people. And to be fair, in response to some people, it is funny to know that A Lot of people get influenced by video games (namely my little brother who once tried to beat me to death with my hockey stick, full credit to Rockstar!) Long winded by it does have a point. (BTW I don't kick up that crap about how games may be responsible for people going crazy, how can you play World Of Warcraft and murder someone? With Shadowbolt? The media sucks.)
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

how can you play World Of Warcraft and murder someone? With Shadowbolt?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Striker94 wrote:Yep, way too dangerous, and I heard quite a while ago that the last of NT's no-speed-limit road are gone... :?
That was announced AGES ago, the speed limit's been 130kph since at least May or June I'm pretty sure.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah, I'd tune too, but unfortunately the cops are a hassle at times... I guess you just have to show them respect, get the car engineer certified and keep your cool.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

random question-is there any way for the cops to know if you're using 104ron race fuel?
oh snap
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Striker94 wrote:random question-is there any way for the cops to know if you're using 104ron race fuel?
They would be able to tell because the car will have a freakin' race engine :roll:

And 98RON is expensive enough, kthx.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Who really wants to go about posting their criminal activities?

TBH I say you are a disgrace for putting the life of someone else in risk of death. I dont care if you race and kill yourself. Your problem. But You kill some family at an intersection (like here in Atlanta :roll: ) and survive, you should kill yourself anyways.

Street racing is dumb. Dont do it. And dont brag about doing on a forum whose demographics is 16 - 24 yr old males. You arent cool.
korge
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

korge wrote:Street racing is dumb. Dont do it. And dont brag about doing on a forum whose demographics is 16 - 24 yr old males. You arent cool.
Lecturing like a police officer doesn't make you cool either.

Most of the people posting here don't even have a car, so don't get all worked up about it.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

If I lack the apprectiation for a reckless mindset, how am I lecturing like a police officer. It is my open opinion on a topic that bears no moral grounds.

I am not trying to be a killjoy in this topic. I understand you can't always get access to a raceway, but actual street racing is not the way to go.
boganbusman wrote:Most of the people posting here don't even have a car
Qouted for truth.
korge
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

They'll mature a bit more once they're ready to drive (hopefully). It's not all fun and games like in NFS. Also, a race complex may be built in the metropolitan area of my city, so that would be much more accessible and a good, local place to go to have some fun in safety.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

korge wrote:If I lack the apprectiation for a reckless mindset, how am I lecturing like a police officer. It is my open opinion on a topic that bears no moral grounds.
Well I guess it wasn't intentional, but you sounded just like the last officer I spoke to.

Return to “General Discussion”