Grand Theft Auto: IV

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: Grand Theft Auto: IV

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Sweet I might be getting it tomorrow, if it's not banned or sold out first...lol.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Nah it wont be banned hence why the Australian rating peoples.. made it MA+15 :)

Btw 'jacoja06' i have hookers in my game? :? So if you don't have them then whats going on with your game.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Yeah, but even considering the MA15+, GTA SA was banned wasn't it? Mind you it was because of a hack that unlocks a sex minigame, but because there's no R18+ rating, it's more likely to be banned. But still, I shall hopefully be getting it today.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Actually that was the only reason GTA SA got taken off the shelf, cause it passed with a MA+15 rating but they didn't know about the hidden coffee mod. So if it didn't have that hot coffee it would of been alright. :)
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

race_invader wrote:Nah it wont be banned hence why the Australian rating peoples.. made it MA+15 :)

Btw 'jacoja06' i have hookers in my game? :? So if you don't have them then whats going on with your game.
Browsing through some GTA forum before release date, I heard that they would be taken off the Australian version.
But yesterday I spotted a hooker dancing next to a guy sitting in his car. The guy and the hooker chatted for a bit... she then jumped into the car with him, and they drove off happily into the distance. :lol: So they are there... I just didn't notice till now.

Btw, You can rip the doors off cars... it just takes a bit of effort. I managed to take the door off someone’s Dilenttante, while quickly reversing away from the owner :)
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

YES! I have GTAIV...

Just no PS3 to play it on...
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

@jacoja06: Ah okay, yeah i finally managed to get the doors falling off happened while in a mission. :)
--
I had a nice test run of multiplayer, i would give that 10/10 it just fun specially doing your own thing around the city with other live users. However i do not know how to get Co op working cause that means you can have 2 players etc on 1 console etc i believe.
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

omfgz0r lololol i just found a awsome covette call coquette : D
BTW has any one beat the high score in that game called QU3EBED or something, i don't even know what the heck it is or how to get on it :S

Wow i can't believe what im seeing, i seen 3 to 1 with PS3 selling more copies than 360 in UK, things have changed badly :D

http://www.gtagaming.com/news/comments.php?i=1366
Explicit signature removed.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

ImJ wrote:Wow i can't believe what im seeing, i seen 3 to 1 with PS3 selling more copies than 360 in UK, things have changed badly :D

http://www.gtagaming.com/news/comments.php?i=1366
No they haven't, it's down to loyalty really, and all of the GTA games have been on a PS console, and plus LCS and VCS I'm pretty sure weren't released on Xbox which netted more sales for the PSP and PS2.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Umm, well imJ isnt talking about loyalty. He is just saying Xbox 360 is beating PS3 sales for GTA IV only.. Not other GTA's.

Edit: Umm, well i was just mucking around and decided to look at GTA IV on Ebay in Australia. Seems that mostly brought copy's are going on ebay along with special editions, thats where all the PS3 copies are going. :lol: On the first page there is 10 XBox 360 ones and about 22 copy's for PS3.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

race_invader wrote:Umm, well imJ isnt talking about loyalty. He is just saying Xbox 360 is beating PS3 sales for GTA IV only.. Not other GTA's.
Ahem... he said PS3 sales are beating Xbox 3:1. And there's another topic on another site with the same conclusion, and the basis for this is down to console loyalty for the GTA series...
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Eh.. :lol:
---
Oh if anyone is interested, i found this with a comparison to Xbox & PS3 for GTA IV.
http://www.videogamer.com/features/arti ... 389-6.html

If anyone has problems with the PS3 freezing i also found tips on how to stop it.
We were also given some tips on how to combat the freezing experienced on the PS3 version of the game, including:

Completely remove the game from the system but leave saves behind.

Turn the console off for 15 minutes without any cables plugged in, then turn it on and try again.

Play without access to the Internet.

Turn off the auto save function and the controller vibration setting.

According to Take 2 customer support, "a few cases have resolved themselves" by following these instructions.

When we asked whether we should return our PS3 copy of the game for an Xbox 360 version, we were advised: "That's a decision that's completely up to you."

We were told Take 2 had received calls regarding the technical performance of the 360 version in "a few instances" but "not quite the same amount" as the PS3 version.

He added: "We're trying to remain diplomatic about how we answer those questions. We're just trying to discuss problems on an individual basis."

While the confirmation that Rockstar is looking into the issue will reassure PS3-owning GTA 4 fans, we still have no idea when the fix might become available, or what is causing the freezing issues.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/grand ... -8180.html
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I've probably had worse freezes. The controller vibration thing isn't applicable anyway, DualShock 3s are only sold in Japan at this point.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:I've probably had worse freezes. The controller vibration thing isn't applicable anyway, DualShock 3s are only sold in Japan at this point.
They are sold in the US too, and i can find them here as well.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:No they haven't
In terms of PS3 games outselling 360 games, yes.
Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:it's down to loyalty really, and all of the GTA games have been on a PS console, and plus LCS and VCS I'm pretty sure weren't released on Xbox which netted more sales for the PSP and PS2.
Console loyalty? That'd only make sense when a person owns both consoles and prefers GTA on one of them. Knowing that the majority of people only owns one... No...

..unless you'd count console sales bundled with GTA4 and see which one sells better.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

PSZeTa wrote:
Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:No they haven't
In terms of PS3 games outselling 360 games, yes.
In terms of GTA games on PS outselling Xbox, no.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:In terms of GTA games on PS outselling Xbox, no.
ImJ wrote:Wow i can't believe what im seeing, i seen 3 to 1 with PS3 selling more copies than 360 in UK, things have changed badly :D
ImJ said ''things have changed badly''.

Either he thought that XBox GTA games usually outsell similar ones on the PS, or that a 360 game outsells a similar PS3 one. First situation never happened, second one is usually the case. I'm sure ImJ would know this, thus he wasn't comparing GTA sales but game sales in general. He doesn't mention GTA either, just PS3 selling more copies than the 360.

Hooray for pointless discussions.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

one word: rofl.

I know that's what ImJ said, but what I said is more related to the topic at hand. And plus he commented on the fact that PS3 GTAIV was selling 3:1 compared to X360, which actually has nothing to do with the console war really, but series popularity on consoles.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Tried out multiplayer couple days ago, must say its pretty fun with free mode with friends etc. Except i get some connection messages, mostly stuff like 'Cannot join game' or 'could not connect' something like that. I hardly go on it though so 10/10 for the online. :)
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:I know that's what ImJ said, but what I said is more related to the topic at hand. And plus he commented on the fact that PS3 GTAIV was selling 3:1 compared to X360, which actually has nothing to do with the console war really, but series popularity on consoles.

Correct, thats before the game came out but in certain stores which are rubbish, on first day released the 360 sold more copies than the PS3, :P (UK)
Explicit signature removed.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Yesterday I got GTA4 cause I had to try a GTA game again, played GTA (ALOT) and GTA3 so I tought I had to have this one cause it looked promising.

But to be honest, it feels exactly like GTA3 but with better GFX, sure it looks nice and got some very nice details and the storyline isn't half bad, but even after several missions it starts getting repetitive.
It just feels like you do the same thing over and over again, find people and kill them, there are some that are a bit more original.

For me it's not the game I hoped for, I played GTA3 once because I didn't want to be bothered to play it again cause it was repetitive and I have the feeling it will be the same for GTA4.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

I've rented the game for a few days now, and I have to say I am extremely impressed. I've bought and beaten every GTA since GTA3 and this one is by far the most fun in my opinion. Definitely going to buy it when I get some sort of income going this summer...

I know what you mean about the game being repetitive, but for me the missions remain interesting because of the storyline. I guess this isn't enough for some, though... My roommates always get upset with me when I wait for each mission brief and answer every phone call. :roll: I just enjoy experiencing everything the game has to offer and I try to go through it as systematically as possible. And it's not just the storyline that keeps things interesting... There's motivation to do missions to get to new areas with new cars, weapons, housing, and new features of the game in general such as flying, boating, etc. And causing mayhem or going on rampages never gets old to me...

Anyways, maybe I haven't gotten far enough in the game, but I haven't found a place that customizes cars, and I didn't think they'd leave this out, especially with the different variations of the same cars I've seen around. Anyone know if it's possible?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Nah, its not possible to customize cars. I'm 34 or 36% completed and unlocked all islands and is nothing, plus rockstar mentioned that there wouldn't be any customization part from clothes.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

There is no car customization in this game, confirmed before release, there are car washers though. :P

btw, i got the game about 6 hours ago, been playing non-stop since then. FABULOUS game. :shock:

Online seems great too, no lag for me, played a race game & cops n crooks, won in both. 8)
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

OMG this game is REALLLY overrated and overhyped.
It really isn't that good fella's!

I would rate it a 9. Don't get my wrong, this game is really good, really fun (online is awesome, but can be a pain in the ass).
It's just not a perfect 100..

Return to “The Games”