Need for Speed: Undercover Next?

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Need for Speed: Undercover Next?

Post by Bojan »

Gameindustry.biz reports about an reorganization in the Vancouver studio developing the Need for Speed titles. The development team has been split in two with each group working full 24 months on the game they will be releasing so we can still expect anual releases but hopefully with more quality and innovation. EA's CEO, John Riccitiello, apparently wasn't too excited over ProStreet and decided that EA's been "torturing" the NFS devs for far too long.
Additionally he gave out some information on the next title in the series, which is supposed to be Need For Speed: Undercover, a game version of the rather popular movie The Transporter with "a huge, embedded storyline behind it".
Read the whole article here.

I cannot confirm if the next NFS title will really be NFS Undercover, but I'm pretty sure an official announcement will follow soon so stay tuned..
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Need for Speed: Undercover Next?

Post by Ceano »

So the next NFS game will come out somtime in 2009 or?
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Ceano wrote:So the next NFS game will come out somtime in 2009 or?
I'd assume so yes.

Looks interesting, i hope they put more work into it this time.
zdravkelja
Ricer
Ricer

Post by zdravkelja »

I don't like that The Transporter thing :?
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Finally, it looks like they'll be taking their time to make a quality NFS game. I'm not too sure I'll be interested in a concept that's comparable to The Transporter, but we'll see. I liked the direction EA was heading with ProStreet, but I suppose there are plenty of other games out there based on track racing (not to mention they do it ten times better than EA's recent attempt).

And I'm glad to see Riccitello using the word "innovative" because it seems most games coming out these days are all the same... I wouldn't mind seeing some originality.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Transporter? Missions???

Omg... are we supposed to deliver money to mafia bosses, get to the bomb and defuse it... If so, it might be a lot like first Driver if anybody still remembers. Now thats something i wouldnt like to see while playing NFS.

Give us good old exotic racing NFS... im tired of these promises every year (2 years from now on) "next NFS will be best game ever, blah blah blah"... But why do i bother... there is GRID, there is GT5
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Wait... so now it's decided to copy driver? Seriously... the Underground series was excellent, bring it back, at least once every few years or so. If there's no customization in the next one, what will happen to the showroom? Hey, we need a forza section :D
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I'm pretty sure the next NFS game will be out this year: 24months lifecycle and two teams means either two games every 2 years or one game a year. Which is more likely?

Not sure about the transporter like game idea... I mean NFS Porsche had something similar in the Factory driver mode. That was a pretty good game mode imo. Of course the mafia styled missions wouldn't be a good fit and I certainly hope there won't be any "defuse the bomb" minigames.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Two teams 2 year cycle... thats since... well, since NFS HP2 already... One team is doing NFS:U, other one is doing U2... one is doing MW, other one is doing Carbon. I mean, I remember they (EA) mentioned that "two teams concept" when people started complaining that one year is not enough time to make awesome game.

And if hopefully there wont be any "defuse the bomb" mini games the game surely will be loaded with time attack runs. "You have 2:05:00 before someone kills someone... blah blah blah" or "You have 1:35:00 to deliver package...blah blah blah"... Smells like Driver

I dont like this plot thing at all... even more when it is inspired by transporter.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

gay.
EvoMaster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EvoMaster »

Underover.... :-k well in the 1st Fast&furious movie Brian was an undercover cop, right?
SOmething like that would be good, but i don't like the Transporter idea. What are they thinking?
Last year they came here asking the fans, this year....they are doing the game for theirselves?
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

I think that the concept they have for Undercover sounds great, if some one just wants some track racing game there is allot of them around which is way better then PRO Street...Race Driver - GRID is one game i have played for a while now and it is just superb.
ChZ^^
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ChZ^^ »

So its gonna be like driver? What a dissapointment, i mean driver is a great game but i dont want nfs to become something like it. I was hoping for something like underground... :(
Death Must Be Easy Because Life Is Hard?
FrankieGthang
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FrankieGthang »

i think that transporter is the worst movie ever made,so i wouldn't like to see
nfs connected to that sh*t ether way.
heh,undercover...what a stupid thing....NFS is a racing game wich is oriented to illegal underground
street racing except pro street!!!
i miss those kind of racing like it was in nfs2,nfs3...
it would be nice to race on the open roads again!!!:D
i don't know that EA is running out of ideas but this undercover thing is not promising!!! :(
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

I imagine it'll be like MW but maybe with night? I don't really like the idea to be like "The Transporter", bring back the Underground series ffs, stop making shiznit. I smell no Open World. It better be a U1 and MW mix, not like Carbon.
EvoMaster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EvoMaster »

FrankieGthang wrote:i think that transporter is the worst movie ever made,so i wouldn't like to see
heh,undercover...what a stupid thing....NFS is a racing game wich is oriented to illegal underground

i don't know that EA is running out of ideas but this undercover thing is not promising!!! :(
So you believe the first NFS was Underground, huh?
Nope my friend, NFS roots are exotics racing in exotic places.
I stiil believe that the ideal NFS should be one with 100 cars from Evo to Paganis and Ferraris, as for the tuning, aerodynamics not ricedynamics and mostly performance tuning with several options....except of course for the hypercars.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

NFS original was great, so was underground... underground is what it's best known for ATM. And hot pursuit was cool. I liked most wanted, lol.
EvoMaster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EvoMaster »

Well Underground was a racing not a tuning game. You enjoyed racing.
If there was a remake.......Maybe with plice chases and more cars
FrankieGthang
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FrankieGthang »

EvoMaster wrote:
FrankieGthang wrote:i think that transporter is the worst movie ever made,so i wouldn't like to see

I stiil believe that the ideal NFS should be one with 100 cars from Evo to Paganis and Ferraris, as for the tuning, aerodynamics not ricedynamics and mostly performance tuning with several options....except of course for the hypercars.
offcourse i now that underground wasn't first,i mentioned nfs2(second edition),nfs3(hot pursuit) above(read carefully)
i played all of them!!!and i would like to see that again but with tunning and etc.. :wink:
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

FrankieGthang wrote:
EvoMaster wrote:

offcourse i now that underground wasn't first,i mentioned nfs2(second edition),nfs3(hot pursuit) above(read carefully)
i played all of them!!!and i would like to see that again but with tunning and etc.. :wink:
This is what I got from your wording: You don't like this rumoured Transporter-style NFS but you love the illegal underground street racing like in underground 2 (nfs2) and most wanted (nfs3).

The early NFS games weren't even advertised as illegal street racing. They were advertised as being able to race dream cars on closed circuits.
FrankieGthang
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FrankieGthang »

advertised or not,is it legal to drive ferrari 320km/h on that roads?
i don't thinks so.
never mind i'm gonna play next nfs as much as i played all nfs games for sure!
it's tradition since i was a kid. :D :wink:
FnF
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FnF »

Bojan wrote: The development team has been split in two with each group working full 24 months on the game they will be releasing so we can still expect anual releases but hopefully with more quality and innovation. EA's CEO, John Riccitiello, apparently wasn't too excited over ProStreet and decided that EA's been "torturing" the NFS devs for far too long.
Additionally he gave out some information on the next title in the series, which is supposed to be Need For Speed: Undercover, a game version of the rather popular movie The Transporter with "a huge, embedded storyline behind it".
Who's torturing the series now :lol: Seriously NFS Undercover that sounds like crap already :evil:
Just make an underground3 or something, since I realy hope EA will bring back real tuning, like Underground and Underground2 IMO that were the best tuning games [-o<
FrankieGthang wrote:never mind i'm gonna play next nfs as much as i played all nfs games for sure!
it's tradition since i was a kid. :D :wink:
^Yeah me to :D :wink:
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Looks like I'll have to pass on this next NFS game until:

1) I build a new computer and
2) I get a new racing wheel since my sidewinder can't down shift anymore.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Funny how everyone quickly jumps to conclusions and say that it will suck and the name doesn't sound that bad. You think Underground, Carbon, or ProStreet are better names? Just wait for an official announcement from EA before jumping to conclusions on how crappy the game will be.

In addition, the people at http://www.nfs-planet.de updated the article saying:
"Update:
Electronic Arts just confirmed that Need for Speed: Undercover will be the title for the next Need for Speed, as well as there has been restructuring of the dev teams. Stay tuned for more..."

They don't give a source so I don't know how they "confirmed" the information, even though it's pretty doubtful that this is fake..
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Feedback!

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"Well... If You ask Me... I like the Id"EA"... Maybe It is like "Test Drive Unlimited" to "transport" expensive Exotics from on point of the Underground city to another point... or it is like stealing cars like in the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds" (In the Beginning... Stealing a Porsche from a Dealer's Shop) & if it is so... there will be Hot Pursuit Police Chases possible like in NFS Most Wanted. That would be great to combine NFS Underground & NFS Most Wanted in One... = NFS Undercover!" [-o< [-o< [-o<

PS: "Nothing is Impossible!" :o 8) :wink:

MFG' LMS' TF' alias ARTNFS

Return to “News”