What car do you drive ?

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Re: What car do you drive ?

Post by RedCarDriver »

Nice car. :D Can't wait for more pictures.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Damn. Nice Trans mate.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

On a standard turbo, ECU and intercooler I doubt it.
Quoted for truth. My friend has a stunning S14A, Stage 1 mods (Roller-bearing T28, FMIC, HD chip, Blitz exhaust/de-cat, HKS filter, copper plugs, Walbro 255, Blitz SBC-iD), on a low mileage and pristine car. His dyno'd at 270bhp @ 1.2bar, and ran a 14.2 @ 92mph (...and coincidentally a 9min 29sec lap of a tourist day at the 'Ring). For 300bhp, frankly youre looking at Stage 2 mods (bigger injectors, appropriate chip, and a turbo of disco-potato size at the least).

For the chap who reuqested some normal pics:

*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Felixkissa »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:
On a standard turbo, ECU and intercooler I doubt it.
Quoted for truth. My friend has a stunning S14A, Stage 1 mods (Roller-bearing T28, FMIC, HD chip, Blitz exhaust/de-cat, HKS filter, copper plugs, Walbro 255, Blitz SBC-iD), on a low mileage and pristine car. His dyno'd at 270bhp @ 1.2bar, and ran a 14.2 @ 92mph (...and coincidentally a 9min 29sec lap of a tourist day at the 'Ring). For 300bhp, frankly youre looking at Stage 2 mods (bigger injectors, appropriate chip, and a turbo of disco-potato size at the least).
That's one example.

If go read "Library of S14/a power figures" at SXOC.com you'll see that some people have reached 300hp with stage 1 and 1bar. Also some haven't got even close :)
In the end all these cars are unique, even with same spec, and also different dynos give different results(especially the ones that haven't been calibrated).
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Ive been a resident of the SXOC for the last 5 years :)

So basically, what I can infer from your post, is that the people who claim 300bhp without the mods I listed are using faulty dynos. Yes, each engine is unique, but not to the extent that they vary by 30bhp+. The reason I used the words ''pristine'' and ''low mileage'' were to show my friends S14A was an excellent example, and not underpowered. The car was dyno tested by Abbey Motorsport, and mapped by Horsham Developments. Im sure you know who they are. ;)
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Felixkissa »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:Ive been a resident of the SXOC for the last 5 years :)
Wasn't expecting anything less :wink: That's why I mentioned SXOC.

Abbey and Horsham are familiar names. Ofcourse I have no firsthand experience coz I've never been to UK :wink:

And yes I did see the two words you used :)

And...

I've got to admit that even I don't believe that at 1bar and with stock injectors one could reach 300hp. That's why I got 740cc injectors waiting. And the T28 will be pretty much max'd out close to 300.
Texhnolith
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Texhnolith »

Hehe SXOC! im from the dutch one (sxoc.nl)

Did you ever read about that S14a automatic from Bassx? man i drove along with him someday.. and damn. 388.4 RWHP is SICK. 534 Nm torque.. tobad he sold it in bits :(

Some other guy i know is running stage 1 with the same specs i want basicaly.. HD Stage 1 chip. dont need a custom mapping by Jez just yet :P. As i said.. i want aprox 300 Crank HP's.. 250 on the wheels..
Could be 280/250 aswell. dunno ill have to see when i dyno it once i got the parts :)

Think im at 200whp atm with the current mods.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

300 crank will be a T28, bigger injectors, decent map, decent induction and exhaust, and possibly some lumpy cams- at a guess, anyway.

Modified cars will, unforutunately, always be worth more in bits than whole. I sold my RS2+ specced S2 as a standard car, and all the bits that made it so damn fast for well over the price I got for the car. That was a GT3071R, RS2 inlet manifold, 7A cams, forged pistons, S1 exhaust manifold, 650cc injectors, big Porsche brakes, KW Variant 2 coilovers, RS2 ARB's...

Although the person who bought the standard car also bought a lot of the parts from it because he caught the S2 bug bad. To the best of my knowledge it's now running around 365 AWHP with well over 425 at the crank from a big KKK26/27 hybrid, 800cc injectors and custom rods and spends most of it's life being driven round Silverstone rather quickly.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Abbey and Horsham are familiar names. Ofcourse I have no firsthand experience coz I've never been to UK
Abbey are huge Skyline tuners, and Horsham Id guess you've seen/heard of from their chips (hence HD). What plans have you got for yours? We should all have an NFSU weekend at the 'Ring! :D
300 crank will be a T28
A stock T28 will just die, a T28R is a bare-minimum really. :)
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Get this as soon as i get me 'P' Plates. Is my brothers car atm, but he'll prob sell to me (Hope [-o< )

In future wanna try buy a 1997 SC300 Soarer and get a 1JZ into it.

In the distant future wanna try get a 2003 WRX STi :D
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

- Rx7 - wrote:In future wanna try buy a 1997 SC300 Soarer and get a 1JZ into it.
SC300 and Soarer are two different cars. Plus the Soarer already has a 1JZ.

Edit: btw if you want to own one those, I hope you have a lot of money and patience.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:We should all have an NFSU weekend at the 'Ring! :D
Wait for me to get something more worthwhile than a diesel A4 that isn't as hard going as the bike and I'd love to come :mrgreen:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I'm all for it...would love to see what you all got...and who you all really are :lol:
Bandit1
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bandit1 »

1979 Trans Am
Attachments
(work in progress)
(work in progress)
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

keep working on that^^

I would like to see it when it is done 8)
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

As a few people know I've got a K1200R that I used to go round Europe for a couple of weeks in the summer. Now as I'm still waiting for some proper photos of it I'll post a couple up from my hunk-of-junk phone, namely of a certain addition I got in Germany:

K1200RS fairing for long-distance journeying (same frame means same mounting points).
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Where did you get that from? They dont sell that style anymore at the 'Ring, theyve switched to the new one now :( Regardless, have a good time? Fancy going again in August? :D

More mag space :mrgreen:
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Oh nice. Are you going to let us read the article or what? :mrgreen:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:Where did you get that from? They dont sell that style anymore at the 'Ring, theyve switched to the new one now :( Regardless, have a good time? Fancy going again in August? :D
New ring?

And Mx5's are a sweet track car. I've seen one beating evos, rexes and GTRs... but not our GTR doing time attack in Japan or a tarmac rally evo.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

A separate forum has been created for showing off your rides.

It's a subforum of The Cars forum, visit it here.

It is meant to be a little more personal as this thread as every vehicle gets it's own topic where owners can provide updates and other members can post specific comments.

Also to add more authenticity, the following rules must be followed: http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 41#p339141

This thread can still be used for less specific posts.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Hot damn, good stuff bobyx! Now I really need to get some more pics of my car :D My new wheels are already on there, I just can't find my freakin camera!!
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:Where did you get that from? They dont sell that style anymore at the 'Ring, theyve switched to the new one now :( Regardless, have a good time? Fancy going again in August? :D
Was fantashhtic. Spent a fair bit of time hanging out with a group of Irish blokes, one with a race specced M3 GT and two with 911 GT3's- one of which has recorded over FIVE HUNDRED laps of the ring. I went for a ride in it and can safely say that nothing's ever felt quite so quick.

That sticker was given to me by the bloke with the M3, but I'm fairly sure you can get old style 'ring ones on ebay. Though that doesn't quite have the charm of getting a genuine one from the 'ring.
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Felixkissa »

steelsnake00 wrote:
Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:We should all have an NFSU weekend at the 'Ring! :D
Wait for me to get something more worthwhile than a diesel A4 that isn't as hard going as the bike and I'd love to come :mrgreen:
Would be great to go to the 'Ring but I'm still quite far a way from that happening. I haven't even driven a lap on a track. So I think I'll have my first try on some other track than the 'Ring :mrgreen:

Plus the car :roll: I've got so many things to do... I'm too lazy #-o
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:More mag space :mrgreen:
Sweet; I just wish you could actually read the article :P

@ Bandit1: Nice car, ditto speed_man.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Meh, I blurred it out :P Its basically a glorified spec-list in the 'readers-rides' section. I got talking to the editor after he asked where to get my wheels (for his '81 Civic). He restrained from doing a feature, as the mag is a retro-cars type, and he wasnt sure mine was old enough. If theres any interest in it, there may be a bigger feature in the near future. :D

Felix - Jump in at the deep end mate! :mrgreen:
but not our GTR doing time attack in Japan or a tarmac rally evo
Cool, which GTR? I know there is a MK1 Miata in the JP Time Attack (blue one on IRTBs).
but I'm fairly sure you can get old style 'ring ones on ebay
Ah good point, may get one from there. The new style logo looks pretty cool though. So, any timing/footage involved? :D How are they for noise-testing at the minute?

Return to “The Cars”