NFS Undercover Developer Interview

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS Undercover Developer Interview

Post by Skyline_man »

Worthplaying has posted an interview with NFS Undercover producer Scott Nielsen, here is a quote:
WP: Why take Need for Speed away from its roots? A lot of people think of Need for Speed as a pure racing game, and with Undercover, you guys have really expanded it. Is there any fear that you're going to alienate the hardcore fans of the franchise?

SN: I don't think so at all. Actually, what we do is build entertainment, and part of building that entertainment is coming up with different ideas every year. I think, in terms of the space that we sit in, we really like to think that we're an action game. So we're not a simulation-based game, we're not an arcade-based game like Mario Kart. You can almost trace the roots [of Undercover] back to what we started doing in the Hot Pursuit days, leading into Undercover, looking at how we can tell compelling stories, weave that in with compelling gameplay, and have the two come together. That's really the space that we sit in, you know, the heritage and the roots of Need for Speed really don't lie too far from where we're going with Undercover. We build big, open-world action driving experiences, so leaning into the past of our franchise, this kind of represents a best of breed from the past, and we're really excited about what we have with Undercover.
Full interview can be read here.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: NFS Undercover Developer Interview

Post by Fishwhiz »

he uses the term "pretty special" a lot in there. actually only twice. but thats a lot for one interview
FrankieGthang
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FrankieGthang »

i hope this will be good and finished comparing to pro street [-o< [-o< [-o<
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"I LOVE STORYLINES, I'm really happy that EA Black Box take time & work on this topic that I have missed last!" =D>

MFG' LMS' MYF' ARTNFS alias TRANSFORMER
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

hey guys, it's a promising internview and all :) but we have to wait until august 18th for more info 8) . i like the game already. i just hope that the game is up to my standards [-o< [-o< . i feel i can say a yes :mrgreen: .
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kimba »

One question: If you are an undercover cop why would then the cops chase you? Except if they are stupid.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Kimba wrote:One question: If you are an undercover cop why would then the cops chase you? Except if they are stupid.
Because you are an undercover cop?

Return to “News”