Just want to talk? Come here.

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Just want to talk? Come here.

Post by Jopuma »

Hell no. His advice failed me before so I'm not listening to him.

An FX16 is one of the best if not the best car out there. Every garage we've taken it to even an official Toyota garage all the mechanics would be saying "That is one good car." or "Best car I've ever driven." I'd have to agree. The size of the car makes it easy to maneuver, while the 4AGE engine puts alot of power to the wheels. FX16's are widely used for rally races.

And also WHY THE F**K would I want a RWD in Colorado? RWD cars SUCK in snow. That little and "not worth it" Corolla has made it through some bad blizzards while RWD and 4WD cars were getting stuck or spinning out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Kd3wEVQJs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTh4-evIfno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwySwpHvtc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgINYyybcB0
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Gonna make that water-powered, too? :mrgreen:
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Jopuma wrote:And also WHY THE F**K would I want a RWD in Colorado? RWD cars SUCK in snow. That little and "not worth it" Corolla has made it through some bad blizzards while RWD and 4WD cars were getting stuck or spinning out.
You're obviously not enough of a man if you say such a thing... :mrgreen:
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Dragster wrote:You're obviously not enough of a man if you say such a thing... :mrgreen:
How so? I don't want to get stuck in the snow. If you think getting stuck in the snow even with a 4WD truck makes you cool or a man then fine. I want to be somewhere else not stuck out in snow. That Corolla has proven itself to kick major bumbum.
xHaZxMaTx wrote:Gonna make that water-powered, too? :mrgreen:
No. It saves enough gas as is.

I'm going to wait until 2010 so I can get the Chevy Volt.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

I fail to see why a Corolla would do so well in a blizzard. FWD cars aren't magic.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I'm just sad over the fact that all the new Honda Civics are FWD. Takes the fun out.. :(
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Jopuma wrote:Hell no. His advice failed me before . . .
Umm . . . when?
Jopuma wrote:An FX16 is one of the best if not the best car out there.
Jopuma, perhaps you never noticed but I'm a crazy Toyota fanboy.
FWD Corollas are not "the best car out there". They are definitely a good car, and I have no problem with you owning one, but it simply is not worth trying to "crank up the appearance", or crank up anything for that matter.

As I previously stated, just do what it takes to keep it on the road. I never said it was liek omg the worzt car evar.
Jopuma wrote:the 4AGE engine puts alot of power to the wheels
Judging by this comment, you have never driven a car that really has a lot of power.
And my car also has a 4AGE, just so you know.
Jopuma wrote:And also WHY THE F**K would I want a RWD in Colorado? RWD cars SUCK in snow. That little and "not worth it" Corolla has made it through some bad blizzards while RWD and 4WD cars were getting stuck or spinning out.
Did I tell you to get a RWD car? Or did I mention that FWD sucks or something?
Calm down ffs.

Just in case you missed it, the whole point of my last post was to explain that your car will never go up in value, no matter what you do to it (within reason). Therefore it's pointless to spend more money on it than you need to.
Go ahead and waste money if you want, but hey I'm just here to help.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Jopuma wrote:FX16's are widely used for rally races.
That may be true....back then....
Jopuma wrote:That little and "not worth it" Corolla has made it through some bad blizzards while RWD and 4WD cars were getting stuck or spinning out.
4WD's? stuck or spinning out on snow? What kind of blasphemy is this? Cause the way I see it, 4WD's are even MORE widely used in rallys. Delta Integrale? WRX STi/Evo? Citroen C4? There is a reason why almost every major rally driver, whether in Australia or whereever, would either buy a 4WD car or get one converted TO 4WD....and I think you can figure that out for yourself...
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

^No you wrong!!! FWD is ze treu grip master.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

boganbusman wrote:Umm . . . when?
Your "copper plugs are better" advice = pure fail.
boganbusman wrote:Jopuma, perhaps you never noticed but I'm a crazy Toyota fanboy.
FWD Corollas are not "the best car out there". They are definitely a good car, and I have no problem with you owning one, but it simply is not worth trying to "crank up the appearance", or crank up anything for that matter.
That's your opinion so you have it the way you want.
boganbusman wrote:Judging by this comment, you have never driven a car that really has a lot of power.
And my car also has a 4AGE, just so you know.
Is yours a twin cam 16 valve? If not then you have no say. If so big deal.
boganbusman wrote:Did I tell you to get a RWD car? Or did I mention that FWD sucks or something?
Calm down ffs.

Just in case you missed it, the whole point of my last post was to explain that your car will never go up in value, no matter what you do to it (within reason). Therefore it's pointless to spend more money on it than you need to.
Go ahead and waste money if you want, but hey I'm just here to help.
Did I say I was going to get RWD? I just said that it sucks for the weather that I live in.

An 87 Corolla kept in good shape and even if its worked on to make it better the value will go up. So it isn't pointless to spend money on it.
Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:4WD's? stuck or spinning out on snow? What kind of blasphemy is this? Cause the way I see it, 4WD's are even MORE widely used in rallys. Delta Integrale? WRX STi/Evo? Citroen C4? There is a reason why almost every major rally driver, whether in Australia or wherever, would either buy a 4WD car or get one converted TO 4WD....and I think you can figure that out for yourself...
Um it's not "blasphemy" its truth. Me and my dad were on the highway with very wet snow in blizzard conditions. I saw a 4WD Ram spin out and he was driving the same speed and didn't switch lanes or anything. When we got off the highway there was a 4WD WRX trapped in the snow near the off-ramp.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

You base your opinion on 4WD's on "..when me and my dad were on the highway once.." ?
How about you saw a crappy driver spin out and another crappy driver stuck in snow?
And you're sure wouldn't have gotten stuck in the snow in that same spot in your awesome FWD?
lol wut
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I say we let Jop rice his Corolla and uBeRLaWL @ him when he tells us how he got stuck in the snow a couple months from now :D

And Jop, the 4X4 Ram probably spun out due to its highly imbalanced center of gravity and how since its mass is so large, the momentum carried it towards directions the driver probably never intended. Trucks + Jop ftl.

The 4WD WRX probably got stuck because the idiotic driver thought he was 1n t3h w0rldz r4ll13z ch4mp10nsh1pz and went down the off ramp at a highway speed, hoping his WRX logo will save him from smashing into the snow at the end.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Aw man... beating the team who was talking smack in your house 42-0 FTW. Telling a girl you don't really feel like a relationship with her, FTL... :(
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Jopuma wrote:Um it's not "blasphemy" its truth. Me and my dad were on the highway with very wet snow in blizzard conditions. I saw a 4WD Ram spin out and he was driving the same speed and didn't switch lanes or anything. When we got off the highway there was a 4WD WRX trapped in the snow near the off-ramp.
Yes, the ultimate proof that the Corolla wins. -- Cars don't just spin for no reason unless you yank the steering wheel or floor it with little traction. Obviously the last won't do much in a FWD, but hell, you aren't going to save yourself from snow if a WRX can't save itself.

No, 4WD isn't magic. You still need driver skill to keep the damn thing on the road, but the same thing applies to FWD cars. :idea:
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Jopuma wrote:Your "copper plugs are better" advice = pure fail.
I'm sorry Jopuma, but I'm right about the copper plugs. Steelsnake, Grez and anyone else here who knows anything about cars will tell you the same thing.
Jopuma wrote:Is yours a twin cam 16 valve? If not then you have no say. If so big deal.
FYI, all 4A motors are twin-cam 16 valve.
Not a big deal? Then don't brag about it.
Jopuma wrote:Did I say I was going to get RWD?
Did I say that you said that?
Jopuma wrote:An 87 Corolla kept in good shape and even if its worked on to make it better the value will go up. So it isn't pointless to spend money on it.
The car will retain it's value (and slowly depreciate) if you keep it in good shape, not go up in value. Simply put: miles go up, value comes down.
Making it a race-car or tuning it or whatever might increase the value, but you will never get your money back (the money spent on modifying the car, that is).

Of course you don't have to agree with any of this (which I suspect you won't), just don't act as if you know everything.
We're all here to learn :wink:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

boganbusman wrote: Of course you don't have to agree with any of this (which I suspect you won't), just don't act as if you know everything.
We're all here to learn :wink:
Didn't you know Jop knows everything already, he knows what is the best way to get a super fuel efficient car.
He knows all about depreciation and wich cars will rise in value because of their the ultimate car with the ultimate engine.
He does know EVERYTHING there is to know about engines and wich suck and wich don't (his engine is da bomb, and your engine is FTL even if it is the same engine)

Now you understand?
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Jopuma wrote:
Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:4WD's? stuck or spinning out on snow? What kind of blasphemy is this? Cause the way I see it, 4WD's are even MORE widely used in rallys. Delta Integrale? WRX STi/Evo? Citroen C4? There is a reason why almost every major rally driver, whether in Australia or wherever, would either buy a 4WD car or get one converted TO 4WD....and I think you can figure that out for yourself...
Um it's not "blasphemy" its truth. Me and my dad were on the highway with very wet snow in blizzard conditions. I saw a 4WD Ram spin out and he was driving the same speed and didn't switch lanes or anything. When we got off the highway there was a 4WD WRX trapped in the snow near the off-ramp.
He must've had that Ram in RWD cause he's a n00b. ANY car can get stuck in snow, you should know that by now Jop. Its just that when it happens, 4WD is easier to get out than FWD. The end.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I'm sure you're all familiar with the fail boat, yes? Hueg internet meme, etc.

Yesterday, some friends and I were at Target looking for... I don't actually remember what we were looking for, but that's irrelevant, anyway. So while they went off to go do their thing, I went over and flipped through a Road & Track magazine - Corvette Z0R, best car for under $25,000, blah blah blah, stuff you'd expect to see in a car magazine. What I didn't expect, however, was the fail boat. Not just a random picture in one of the articles, either - it had its own article. Apparently the fail boat was importing/exporting Mazdas. Nothing but Mazdas in the entire boat. I'm assuming most, if not all (I didn't bother to read the whole article, I just skimmed through it) of the cars were severely damaged, because they were all scrapped/recycled.

So, yeah. Just thought I'd share that with y'all. :!:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

"All aboard the fail boat" :P
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Can't believe Formula 1 is happening right now in town in Singapore. :P
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Hamilton is the fastest in the ever-night session. :P

Andre, do you live near the track?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Fernando Alonso just took the top spot in the practice session. Just about a few hundredths of second ahead of Hamilton. :)

Nah, I don't live near there. The track's way far off where I'm staying. The track is somewhere along the business districts of Singapore. At night, all the pubs and bars are open around the area.

My campus is a 10 mins walk to the Paddock area, where all the rich a**es are watching. Each ticket there costs at least US$1,500.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Dude, I'd be selling almost everything I have to get tickets rofl...

Okay, maybe not just for Formula 1... Now Formula D would be a different story lol.

Return to “General Discussion”