What should NFS Undercover consist of??????

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: What should NFS Undercover consist of??????

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Striker94 wrote:Although that may be the case, some cars were DESIGNED to be convertibles from the outset. For example, the Boxster. I mean, seriously, it was so good that they derived a coupe from it! (Cayman) Also, the S2000 and MX-5 are IMO good choices.

Nowadays most convertibles have a lot of structral changes made so that they don't become "soft, bad handling s***-bags", although it usually comes at a penalty of weight. Therefore, just because it's a soft-top, doesn't mean it has to be soft!

How about this one-Dodge Viper SRT10
Cayman from what I've heard wasn't anything to do with a Boxster, it was a "completely new" car... Dodge Viper SRT10 was even better as a coupe than it was as a convertible, why do you think S2000's are hard-tops now, and also the MX5 Roadster-Coupe is a hardtop. Convertibles are NOT built for the track, all of the cars you have mentioned emphasise this fact. They are built for letting the sun in on a nice drive or because they look good with the top down etc. etc. You don't see DB9 Volante's competing in GT1 Le Mans do you?
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

"looks good with the top down"

That's my point, aren't "street" cars supposed to look good? I mean, seriously, in MW and Carbon, 1/3 of the cars were absolutely useless, but looked absolutely awesome, and therefore were included in the game. It would be really nice to customize a convertible and watch it lifting the roof up while hearing it rev 8)
oh snap
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I wouldn't mind having convertibles in the game.
It's NFS not a racing sim, so as long as they look cool and go fast, I'm happy.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Striker94 wrote:"looks good with the top down"

That's my point, aren't "street" cars supposed to look good? I mean, seriously, in MW and Carbon, 1/3 of the cars were absolutely useless, but looked absolutely awesome, and therefore were included in the game. It would be really nice to customize a convertible and watch it lifting the roof up while hearing it rev 8)
Thats MW and Carbon, 1. Two, what 1/3 of those cars were exactly "useless"? And also, emphasis on the term "street cars" which simply makes my point correct.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

What the stig said goes for me too. I mean, it's not a sim, and i doubt many people want to use strictly only the best cars in a race. It would be worth it just trying out a dodgy car, instead of dominating the computer with some supercar.

Anyway, in MW, there were quite a few cars that steered like trucks, accelerated like trucks and stopped like trucks. BUT they were still fun to drive with for laughs as well as customizing them to look good.
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

o_O If you also remember from MW, ANY car could be the best car....And as for no convertibles, notice that I said "well I can see why they weren't in ProStreet". That doesn't mean they shouldn't be in Undercover. End of story.

Return to “Undercover”