Just want to talk? Come here.

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Just want to talk? Come here.

Post by Andre_online »

If you're not a die hard F1 fan, you'd be asking yourself this after you've attended the race: "What the hell am I doing here?" Because it all happens so fast! :P
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

You'd just have to sell a couple of your footballs to get enough money for a Formula D ticket. :P

EDIT: Haha, that reminds me... About a day before I bought my Formula D ticket, I was racing my roommate in GT5 Prologue. We both had F40s, same exact settings, Suzuka Circuit, one lap per race. And we were betting $1 each race. :lol: The first couple races went back and forth, but once I found my rhythm, I got him up to $23! So my ticket was basically free. :D Thanks to my stubborn gambling roommate.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Damn, they're only like $25?! :shock:
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Yep. And you have access to the pit area where you can meet the drivers, touch the cars, and spank models! It's awesome.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Aaaaaaaaa.... *drool*

//end re-re mode
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Andre_online wrote:If you're not a die hard F1 fan, you'd be asking yourself this after you've attended the race: "What the hell am I doing here?" Because it all happens so fast! :P
The way I see it, despite the atmosphere of just being there, I'd rather watch it on telly where you can see it ALL. all the good angles, all the battles....same with MotoGP, although I do want to get tickets for Phillip Island :lol:
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I go for the sound.. Apparently I heard from a few friends of mine that the sound of the engines can be heard from about more than 2 miles away! :P

After class today I managed to snap a picture of one part of the track.. As y'all know, the track is friggin' bright at night. Couldn't get closer 'cuz there's a barrier in front of me. That's one of the places where people can catch a glimpse of the cars in action for free without having to purchase a ticket.

The cars will be coming from the left side. :)
Attachments
Image006.jpg
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

We have a nascar track by a four minute drive from here and I can hear them racing at night.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Oh! Cool! But this is rather a historic moment for us.. Not only is this the first time F1 is held in Singapore this season, it's the World's first ever night race too! :)
Jacky
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jacky »

Andre_online wrote:I go for the sound.. Apparently I heard from a few friends of mine that the sound of the engines can be heard from about more than 2 miles away! :P

After class today I managed to snap a picture of one part of the track.. As y'all know, the track is friggin' bright at night. Couldn't get closer 'cuz there's a barrier in front of me. That's one of the places where people can catch a glimpse of the cars in action for free without having to purchase a ticket.

The cars will be coming from the left side. :)
Yes the sound is pretty loud. I was inside Suntec City and I could still hear it.
Jacky
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Really? Cool! The worst part is that the race began on Friday night, and my campus is over at North Bridge Road. There are lectures conducted at night.

My lecturer was ranting on and on this morning about how she tried to fight with the noise level so that the tutorial will be smooth sailing. ;)
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Man, I cannot wait to watch the Singapore GP tonight. Should be awesome. Sounds like half the track will be wide, and the other half reletively tight. Any chances of rain on the forecast?

I went to the Australian F1 GP in 2005, and I had one of the best weekends of my life there. We had a nice grandstand seat on the final corner, with a view of the main straight, last two corners, and a giant TV screen infront of us (so we could see all the live action). One thing that made it worth the money, were the support races before and after the F1's. There were V8 supercars, Celebrity races, Formula 4's, Carrera cups, production cars, Brutes, formula V's and many more. So we basically lived on that grandstand for three days, through stong heat, and heavy hail. Pure awesomeness.
That's why I'm not quite sure about going to other places for F1 GP's... because some only feature Formula ones, and nothing else. We were planning to go to the Singapore GP this year, but it was way too expensive in the end.

And yes, the noice the cars produce is amazing. That alone is worth the money (You'll need to wear earplugs if you are sitting near the track). :D
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Seems pretty sunny right now.. Just 20 mins off noon and the weather is blistering. Forever sunny in Singapore. ;)
Andre_online wrote:My campus is a 10 mins walk to the Paddock area, where all the rich a**es are watching. Each ticket there costs at least US$1,500.
Oh, and I forgot to mention. $1,500 is only for one day. Multiply that by three, and that's the price.. ;)
Last edited by Andre_online on 28 Sep 2008, 05:42, edited 1 time in total.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

jacoja06 wrote: And yes, the noice the cars produce is amazing. That alone is worth the money (You'll need to wear earplugs if you are sitting near the track). :D
...after all, you don't want to end up with Tinnitus... (Damn iPod...) #-o
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

I wouldn’t worry too much about Tinnitus, because it’ll probably make you permanently deaf instead. :P You can feel the force of the engine sound push your body onto your seat, especially when the drivers begin to ease off the throttle.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

jacoja06 wrote:I wouldn’t worry too much about Tinnitus, because it’ll probably make you permanently deaf instead.
Gee, thanks for the support there, buddy. :wink:

BTW, that's only about 90% of the time...
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

Formula D is sick they race about 2 hours from me but didnt go this year. next year i am going though and im also trying to get into the pro am series when i get my car done.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I just got a box of pants in the mail. \:D/
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

That's great. :)
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Woe is I. Apparently one of the pairs I ordered was actually a women's pair. #-o Oh well, I still have 5 other pairs.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Don't be sad, maybe you can wear them when you drive the MX5 :P
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

:lol: That was awesome.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Watched the Phillip Island MotoGP on telly, omfg Casey Stoner rode that bike well....ended up winning by 8-odd secs...
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

boganbusman wrote:Don't be sad, maybe you can wear them when you drive the MX5 :P
:lol:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

boganbusman wrote:Don't be sad, maybe you can wear them when you drive the MX5 :P
Y'know, I think I might actually prefer that to driving the Eclipse. :-k

Return to “General Discussion”