Need For Speed Undercover

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: Need For Speed Undercover

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Ah ok. Well I have a Centrino Duo that runs at 2.2GHz, so that'd run UC right?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Yes.

The processor is less important than the amount of RAM and graphics capability. The processor is only needed to handle the logistics of the game, i.e. mostly handling the reading and deciphering of game files and other calls by the exe.

EDIT:
The carlot has been updated with new cars.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Well, what graphics card would you recommend? I'm on a bodget of $150 tops, and I'd like to keep some change if at all possible. I need one that would handle COD4 on high (or at least medium) graphics, and one that makes sure I don't need to get another card next year...

Anyway...

About the new cars, I'm glad they picked the 2006 RX-8 over the new one, because the old one's faster, looks better and more economical! :lol: I like the look of the Zonda though... =P~
oh snap
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

The Radeon 4850 is the current bang for buck. Should be in that price range too.
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

Hey guys, have you checked this out? Not sure if it's fake or not, but it looks very catoonish.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/PopBack ... t_ID=71634
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

kimd41 wrote:Hey guys, have you checked this out? Not sure if it's fake or not, but it looks very catoonish.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/PopBack ... t_ID=71634
Don't see why it wouldn't be real. It's for PS2 anyways so I'm not expected fancy graphics, have you seen how horrible Most Wanted looks on the PS2?

Interesting article:
http://www.autogaming.net/general/1167/ ... the-works/
I remember a time when EA took their time with games and each NFS game meant something. I guess that time is long gone.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

that looks even worse than carbon or most wanted for ps2. they should just forget the ps2 and work with the systems that are capable of next gen improvements (way better graphics, 60FPS!, more cars, bigger map, better damage, etc) because the ps2 just doesn't have the ability to make a great game since the 360s and ps3s and better pcs came out.
GiftigSchlange
Ricer
Ricer

Post by GiftigSchlange »

They really need to stop working with the PS2. People always complain about how the PS2 version has less stuff than the PS3 or 360. Anyway, the game looks like an updated version of Need For Speed Most Wanted but with more stuff, and since I loved Need For Speed Most Wanted, I am gonna love this game. :)
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

You people don't seem to understand...

a) most people nowadays can't afford PS3s or X360s or expensive PCs (yes X360 had a price drop, but even so its still 500 bucks for the Pro console. It is still expensive.)

b) as long as the PS2 is still alive EA will keep making NFS for it because that'll earn them more money.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

when they use the ps2 though, it lowers the standards for how the game should look and feel because the game for the ps2 and the ps3/360/pc have to be similar. id suggest saving up for a 360 if you want to buy the next nfs after this one.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

It still earns EA a lot more money than if it was just a PS3/X360/PC game...
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Fishwhiz wrote:when they use the ps2 though, it lowers the standards for how the game should look and feel because the game for the ps2 and the ps3/360/pc have to be similar. id suggest saving up for a 360 if you want to buy the next nfs after this one.
Since when are you using EA and high standards in the same sentence? Plus, as long as the revenue exceeds expenses for the PS2 version, they will make a PS2 version because the demand is still there. EA is a business, they know what they're doing to milk every penny.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

A couple of gameplay vids on gamespot, nothing special though:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/nee ... bj=6199250
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The NFS UC Wiki carlist has to be updated.

There are several cars (even in these movies) that aren't in the list (or in the unconfirmed list)

- Audi TT (last Gen) (in the EA official movie,)
- Nissan 240SX in the EA official movie, background picture)
- BMW M3 Coupe E92 (Highway battle movie)
- McLaren Mercedes SLR (highway battle movie with M3)

Volkwagen Golf GTI (in the Audi TT cops and Robbers movie, but then it could very well be a R32)
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

The carlot has it as an R32...
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

And? EA have included both an R32 and a GTI in the past.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Maybe so, but if you want to get technical the R32 is the only confirmed one atm, so why post it and a nearly identical theoretical counterpart?

If you want to get really specific watch the video in HD and take a screenshot of the logo on the rear, since it comes right up on it...

--EDIT--

It's the R32 in the video... the HD wouldn't load for some reason, so I didn't take a screenshot, but it's bright as day, even in the SD version. :wink:
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

I don't want my car to be impouneded!!!!
lol
I was hopin that since the title was undercover
the main character would be an undercover cop
therefore no impounds?
anybody know anything about impounds or not for this game?
coz I suck at cop evasion
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

TONTO89 wrote:I don't want my car to be impouneded!!!!
lol
I was hopin that since the title was undercover
the main character would be an undercover cop
therefore no impounds?
anybody know anything about impounds or not for this game?
coz I suck at cop evasion
You know, a little searching would do you wonders. Search.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

anyone else think the carlot prices are just random-ass values thought up in 5 minutes?
bluestreak908
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by bluestreak908 »

im not sure about the prices but i think i know what the mystery car is on the carlot website- its black and yellow and it comes from a 60s racing team- i saw it recently in road&track magazine- its the mustang v6 Terlingua racing team!!!! :lol: :lol: i read the r&t article and it looks really cool and is very fast!!!!
TUNERS ROCK!!!
Jamaleni
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jamaleni »

Porsche-AG wrote:This game looks really similar to Most Wanted, which isn't a bad thing (Intense, fun cop action), but if it's going to be identical with the addition of a new storyline and a couple of cars, it might get boring for people who've played Most Wanted.

BTW, don't know if it's been posted yet, but there's a new interview on IGN with Bill Harrison, along with high-quality versions of the videos: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/911/911115p1.html
I don't know for other people but I still play MW and I never get bored by it.

What I really hope for UC is combination of MW (free roam, cops evasion, physics) and PS (graphics). I would allso like a option to switch off damage.

Oh, and one more thing. Why they put some warnings in the middle of screen? That was the main reason why I didn't spend more time in free roam in Carbon. It sooo distracted me, that many times I get arested only because I didn't spot incoming traffic because it was hidden with name of area I entered....
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

does anyone know what car is the blur picture at NFSCarlot?

it seems to be like a 2010 mustang to me
any other clue?
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Gavh2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gavh2 »

Seeing as the game is being released so early I wasn't surprised at Andre_online's review of the game/demo. It's all a money making business if you ask me. I wish EA could make a game that is not so arcady when it comes to gameplay and physics. If you ask me, the NFS series is the best racing one ever and the concept is always so great but the game seems to be falling flat on it's face lately. For me Underground derailed the series a bit.

I mean, it was right for the time when everything went a bit "Fast and Furious"/Pimp my ride and it also makes sense that EA keeps with the times but I think they did a bit of a 180 on the series and because of that are going through a bit of an identity crisis with the NFS series. Making Undercover like Most Wanted was the safe option. Ive read many "what do you want the next NFS to be like" posts and many of the "wants" fall into a game like Most Wanted so I'm not surprised EA has gone this route. It might be a bit early to say this but what is the next NFS after Undercover going to be like? I know there are many fans just waiting in the wings for the series to go pre Underground, I am one of them but I dont think it is going to happen. I wish they would just bring back the realism.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

The blured car is obviously a mustang, but the only other mustang left to really promote is the Super Snake and 500 KR, with one of the latter just being shipped to my local ford dealership.

Return to “Undercover”