Need For Speed Undercover

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Need For Speed Undercover

Post by 2fast4all »

Is it just me or EA has a bad design team when they make graphics for the cars in the 20 sec clips, just watched the viper video and it looks ugly with the yellow and black stripes. They dont put enough effort into a good looking car... Im sure most of the people in the showroom can do hell of a lot better job than them.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Porsche-AG wrote:It disturbs me that some people here are planning on buying the game just because of the inclusion of one or two specific cars. Sure, it's great that EA has put in some nice cars, but I think it should be the actual gameplay and experience that sways buyers. If enough people think this way, all EA has to do is find out what cars everyone likes and put them in the game without worrying much about how the game actually plays. I'm just using Zotic+ as an example, but there's many more.
im not one of those people i really car about the game but i don't mind u using me as an example( i did sound like some one who is only getting the game for a specific car) i really care about the game and this game looks really fun. (im just pointing that out to everyone)
Instagram @SupraHKS
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

2fast4all wrote:Is it just me or EA has a bad design team when they make graphics for the cars in the 20 sec clips, just watched the viper video and it looks ugly with the yellow and black stripes. They dont put enough effort into a good looking car... Im sure most of the people in the showroom can do hell of a lot better job than them.
The point of gameplay videos isn't to show how artistic EA employees are in creating car vinyl designs. It's to show what the game plays/feels like to give the audience a good view of what to expect.
Andre_online wrote:Haha!

Personally, I buy NFS for collection purposes. I've got a wardrobe full of NFS boxes I got from buying the titles, all the way from 2001. I bought ProStreet last year but I've yet to play it once due to my computer specs. $60 a year to buy a game isn't all bad as compared to spending $60 per game a month. :)
Well, there probably aren't too many people who buy a game just for the sake of tradition, so there's no problem with that. But you aren't missing out on ProStreet, it isn't the greatest :wink:
prince1142003 wrote:No demo. Ever. EA announced a while back that there won't be a demo of Undercover.

I agree with you, Porsche, it is kind of disturbing that people may buy this game just because one or two of their "favorite" cars are in the game. It sends EA the wrong message: put in popular cars, scrap and sort of developed gameplay and tuning system, and people will buy it. :?
Exactly, and that's why they're using this tactic of revealing one car each day to build up anticipation that just shows the vehicles that will be included. It's sad, really. And over the years, more emphasis has been put on this "revealing of the cars" bs.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Heres my guess of this weeks cars

11/4: Nissan 240sx (S13)
11/5: Ford Focus ST
11/6: Renault Megane Coupe
11/7: POntiac GTO 65'
11/8: Audi RS4
Instagram @SupraHKS
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

2fast4all wrote:Is it just me or EA has a bad design team when they make graphics for the cars in the 20 sec clips, just watched the viper video and it looks ugly with the yellow and black stripes. They dont put enough effort into a good looking car... Im sure most of the people in the showroom can do hell of a lot better job than them.
I'll do it. :lol:
xD4N73x
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xD4N73x »

prince1142003 wrote:No demo. Ever. EA announced a while back that there won't be a demo of Undercover.

I agree with you, Porsche, it is kind of disturbing that people may buy this game just because one or two of their "favorite" cars are in the game. It sends EA the wrong message: put in popular cars, scrap and sort of developed gameplay and tuning system, and people will buy it. :?

EDIT:
Car Lot has been updated. New car: 1994 McLaren F1.

EDIT 2:
Here are my guesses on the additional cars:
Delivery date: 11.4.08 - 1989 Nissan 240SX S14
Delivery date: 11.5.08 - Unknown
Delivery date: 11.6.08 - Unknown
Delivery date: 11.7.08 - 1965 Pontiac GTO
Delivery date: 11.8.08 - 2006 Audi RS4
S14 is the 2nd nissan 240sx generation and it went from 1995 till 1998. So the nissan that EA will put is a 1992 Nissan 240sx s13 SE
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

For all people who are buying the Xbox 360 version of Undercover, here is a look at the achievements for NFS: Undercover. Seems to be like "easy" achievements.

Achievement List

Also if you preorder from Gamestop, you get a free Calendar :lol:
Stingray24
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Stingray24 »

Porsche-AG wrote:... you aren't missing out on ProStreet, it isn't the greatest :wink:
It's better than NFS:U or NFS:U2
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

Stingray24 wrote:
Porsche-AG wrote:... you aren't missing out on ProStreet, it isn't the greatest :wink:
besides vinyls and autosculpt body kits, I would play Underground 2 over Pro Street anyday
lol but thats just me

the whole no mirror on the vinyls and other customization restrictions are starting to decrease my hopes that undercover is going to be an improving title (I'm sure it'll be better than pro street tho haha)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

The Undergrounds were brilliant games. Prostreet can't touch them.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Underground was a very original game and lots of fun to play (good tracks, some fun customising :lol: )
But IMO U2 did not live up to the hype of U1, for me it was a ricers game, nothing more, the career was boring, the tracks where bad, online was rubbish.
Only thing it had was the massive tuning options, of which most was pure rice parts (over done, and often pain ugly)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

TheStig wrote:Underground was a very original game and lots of fun to play (good tracks, some fun customising :lol: )
But IMO U2 did not live up to the hype of U1, for me it was a ricers game, nothing more, the career was boring, the tracks where bad, online was rubbish.
Only thing it had was the massive tuning options, of which most was pure rice parts (over done, and often pain ugly)
I couldn't agree more Stiggy.

As a matter of fact, I really loathed the customization features. I think it was a little overdone. The scissor doors do appeal when it comes to showing off. But in racing, it doesn't come to any use. And so were the stereos. Complete rubbish. They didn't do any justice.

The only thing I dearly loved in UG2 was the replay mode.
Stingray24
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Stingray24 »

TONTO89 wrote:
Stingray24 wrote:
besides vinyls and autosculpt body kits, I would play Underground 2 over Pro Street anyday
lol but thats just me

the whole no mirror on the vinyls and other customization restrictions are starting to decrease my hopes that undercover is going to be an improving title (I'm sure it'll be better than pro street tho haha)
Stig summed it up well as a ricer game and if you like vinyls and kits, that's cool. But for me, NFS:U was the first title that didn't feel like Need for Speed because it focused on the tuner scene way too much. I like racing in exclusive cars, not the ones that are on the car lot downtown that I can actually afford.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

http://www.needforspeed.com/undercover/ ... ome.action new car ford focus. so far my guesses for this weeks cars are correct
Instagram @SupraHKS
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah, but in all fairness, you got the 350Z, S2000, an R34 GTR and an Rx7 which aren't cheap cars.
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

TheStig wrote:Underground was a very original game and lots of fun to play (good tracks, some fun customising :lol: )
I agree with you there Underground 2 was very much a poser ricer game when it came to alot of the visual upgrades (whoever invented spinners should be shot)
I enjoyed underground 2 tho coz it had the street racing and track racing.
I think NFS should go back to that...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

This game would be finished by now eh? Or close to. A friend found a :mrgreen: already. :lol: Could try it out at his place as there's no demo.
Last edited by baumaxx1 on 07 Nov 2008, 00:59, edited 1 time in total.
Jamaleni
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jamaleni »

baumaxx1 wrote:This game would be finished by now eh? Or close to. A friend found a torrent already. :lol: Could try it out at his place as there's no demo.
I'm looking in anticipaion for your review...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Lol... >_> I'll do it just for you... Maybe in the weekly, lol. But it'll be in installments, Lol. I might pick it up legit on PS3 and have it on PC for showroom purposes.
Zonda_Z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zonda_Z »

baumaxx1 wrote:This game would be finished by now eh? Or close to. A friend found a torrent already. :lol: Could try it out at his place as there's no demo.
Last year there was an early torrent for PS... turned out to be a 6.7GB "virus superpack"...be careful on that torrent buisness, i' m getting the geniune for sure :D But if you do get the game, i'm waiting for your review too!
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah, I'll track it down somehow, but I think I might pick that up possibly on PC and use a PS3 control and little big planet on PS3 up after exams... Just when does it come out in Australia? the 18th or the 21st?
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

I wish EA would make a game with JUST tuners
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Nah... I gotta have some muscle and euro cars... but yeah, pump up the list EA. I'll probably have one of the strangest garages to get through the game... wonder what the starters are. The Solstice and Old Camaro SS tempt me for starters.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

- Rx7 - wrote:I wish EA would make a game with JUST tuners
UG1 and UG2 were all tuners. You might wanna check them out if you haven't. ;)
Zonda_Z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zonda_Z »

and if you want exotics, go for HP and HP2... :D

Return to “Undercover”