What's the best Need For Speed?

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.

What's the best Need For Speed ever?

The Need For Speed 1 or 2
3%
Hot Porsuit
3%
High Stakes
17%
Porshe Unleashed
12%
Hot Porsuit 2
7%
Underground
8%
Underground 2
23%
Most Wanted
22%
Carbon
2%
Pro Street
3%

Total votes: 60

An_dz
Ricer
Ricer

What's the best Need For Speed?

Post by An_dz »

For me it's Underground 2, MW is cool too, but the customization isn't that good, don't have drift races and it's at day. I would like a NFS with a Day/Night time, but not just day.

Vote for your favorite Need for Speed, even if you didn't play all of them.
Say what you like on it or don't like on other titles.

IMPORTANT:
Don't vote for the graphics, cause it's almost obviously that ProStreet have the best graphics, and that undercover 'll be better.
Everyone have a point of view, i think that the customization part is the most important, while my friend it's the story line and my cousin it's the physics, so vote for what's more important in NFS for YOU.
Last edited by An_dz on 04 Nov 2008, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Re: What's the best Need For Speed?

Post by RedCarDriver »

I've played all of them and the one I've got the most "life" out of is Underground 2. Aside from the customization (which IS awesome), the physics engine in UG2 is probably one of the best in any NFS game.

Also, no offense but hasn't there already been a topic on this? I don't know for sure, but if there is, then let's use that one. (if not then sorry)
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

i can't awnser this it is too hard for me to choose
Instagram @SupraHKS
Stingray24
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Stingray24 »

Hot Pursuit. But as others have said, very hard choice.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

To me, there isn't really one best NFS. There are different NFS games that I consider the best in certain categories. For example, for realism Porsche Unleashed is the best, both in terms of physics and the massive focus on the history of Porsche. For police, I'd have to say Hot Pursuit or Hot Pursuit 2, although Most Wanted was pretty good too. Graphics-wise, ProStreet was the best. For pure fun, I liked Most Wanted the best.

I'm sure people with argue with my opinions. But they're my opinions, and I'm sticking by them.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

You can't really compare past games from the newer generation of NFS. By your definition of 'best', is it in terms of gameplay, story lines, physics?

You need to be specific, 'cuz honestly, I find it really hard to select one BEST one.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

If we were talking ol' school, I'd say NFSIISE. If we were talking new school, I'd say either Hot Pursuit 2 or Underground 2. You need to make this pole so we can choose multiple ones.
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Underground 2 for me :D
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

hot pursuit 2. its really what got me into nfs
Instagram @SupraHKS
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

Andre_online wrote:You can't really compare past games from the newer generation of NFS. By your definition of 'best', is it in terms of gameplay, story lines, physics?

You need to be specific, 'cuz honestly, I find it really hard to select one BEST one.
no offense but you might be over thinking a bit
like I thinkt the question means which one has offered you the most enjoyment
but I agree with you and prince about how different NFS' do better in different catagories

for me I have to say underground 2
the story sucked and there weren't a ton of super cool cars, but I think I had the best time playing this version. I liked how it blended both street and track racing which I think EA should follow up on coz its a real good concept
also the level of customization was real good and I thought it was cool how it had a part in the gameplay rather than being a waste of money like in all the others lol. I think if they had UG2 with autosculpt and custom vinyls, I would be in heaven lol oh and cooler cars too
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

TONTO89 wrote:
Andre_online wrote:You can't really compare past games from the newer generation of NFS. By your definition of 'best', is it in terms of gameplay, story lines, physics?

no offense but you might be over thinking a bit
like I thinkt the question means which one has offered you the most enjoyment
but I agree with you and prince about how different NFS' do better in different catagories
I still stand by what I said.. I mean you can't exactly say High Stakes' graphics were good in today's gaming world. So if the comparison is made by how the game looks, then of course High Stakes would not get my vote, though I absolutely adore its Pursuit modes and the cars the game had to offer. :)

So since there ain't gonna be a change in the polls, I must as well vote now. My vote goes to Hot Pursuit 2. It was the best game I've ever played. Sure, no free roam. But the wide selection of cars and amazing track sceneries overlooking the mountains just won me over. Who isn't tired of being chased by Ford Mustang cop cruisers and choppers dropping explosives on us? And the McLaren F1. Oh... pure joy. :D

It's the best game EA had made then. EA really set the bar high for that game. :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Has to be high stakes for me, played them all but I played High stakes the longest, because the tracks where superb (Hot pursuit tracks and extra tracks for HS) the carlist was cool (short but cool) you could download loads of user build cars up to 50 cars, which was just ace.

For me the weakest NFS games where Underground 2 and Carbon, I found both to be boring... U2 had horrible tracks and the customising was just overdone IMO, just ricer paradise.
Dinashan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dinashan »

Most Wanted for me (the adrenalin of the cop chases). I haven't played any of the games prior to NFSU2. Carbon was a major disappointment (very career mode, some stupid reward cards). Prostreet had great graphics - lousy career mode, no free roam & no My Cars made it a really poor game in my opinion.
Speeding along minding my own business...
stefanos4555
Ricer
Ricer

Post by stefanos4555 »

Underground 2 for sure.. :!: :!:
There were lots of customization options and the car control was just perfect.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Although there wasn't exactly a wide array of customization options, MW was definately the most FUN , but I reckon UG2 is a good contender
oh snap
An_dz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by An_dz »

Andre_online wrote:I still stand by what I said.. I mean you can't exactly say High Stakes' graphics were good in today's gaming world. So if the comparison is made by how the game looks, then of course High Stakes would not get my vote, though I absolutely adore its Pursuit modes and the cars the game had to offer. :)
Guys, i'm not talking about the graphics, cause it's almost obviously that ProStreet have the best graphics, and that undercover 'll be better.
Another thing is that i'm asking YOU about the best NFS, cause everyone have a point of view, i think that the customization part is the most important, while my friend it's the story line and my cousin it's the physics. Maybe now you can choose better.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

hmmmmm.....nope. If we were talking about the realism of the physics then NONE of them would interest me, simply because the physics in these games are very realistic (of course), if we were talking graphics then obviously ProStreet, being the newer game, and if we were talking story then none of them interest me either, I've never followed NFS for the story. The main reason I chose NFSIISE is because while it's one of the earliest games I've ever owned, it's also one of the best, mainly the pick-up-and-play style, beautiful-for-the-era graphics, and the great selection of cars (only game you'd ever be able to drive the elusive Lambo Cala :wink: ).
Zonda_Z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zonda_Z »

Most Wanted is my best. Just think about it. Mission and story based...Cop Pursuits...Free Roam...Nice and at that time the most updated selection of cars........too much of this game interested me. To be honest, i beat the game 5 times at least, and i'm still playing it. Add that to the add-ons for new cars...this game is great. The Best Need For Speed for me.
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

The underground series and most wanted.
CMuscle1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by CMuscle1 »

High stakes was the best of the Old Gen NFS/90's. Underground 2 was the best of the Tuner/early 2000's gen. Most Wanted was the best of the New Gen Games. :D
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I'm rather surprised to see UG2 leading the polls. :-s
bluestreak908
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by bluestreak908 »

i liked MW best cuz it combined the pursuits & exotics of HP2 with the tuners, open world, and customization of the ug's adding muscles to boot =D> =D> =D> =D>
TUNERS ROCK!!!
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Andre_online wrote:I'm rather surprised to see UG2 leading the polls. :-s
lol, now it's MW. UG2 was probably popular for the customization. MW was great for the cop chases actually...
oh snap
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

When I posted that reply, UG2 was leading. ;)
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Underground 2 with MW Map size, cops and graphics would be an awsome game.... >.<

Return to “General Discussion”