EA Announces Need for Speed Live

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

EA Announces Need for Speed Live

Post by Bojan »

The press release:
Las Vegas – November 5, 2008 – Today at the SEMA show in Las Vegas, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) announced Need for Speed™ Live, a unique festival and competition that celebrates car culture. This first-time event will be open to the public and will be hosted next summer at the world famous Brands Hatch Circuit* located near London, England. The weekend-long experience will be a showcase of entertainment, videogames, music, car shows and displays designed to appeal to fans of racing games, proud owners of hot vehicles, fans of exotic cars and motorsports enthusiasts.

Need for Speed Live will invite some of the world’s top drifters and time attack cars from across Europe, North America and Japan to gather in one location to compete in a battle of the continents. Need for Speed Live will also include demonstrations by some of the world’s most famous race and exotic cars in a manufacturer time attack exhibition.

“For over 14 years, Need for Speed has been at the forefront of automotive culture and this Live race event brings the spirit of Need for Speed games to life with all of the energy, adrenaline and sexiness that the franchise represents,” said Rod Chong, Creative Director for Need for Speed Live. “Need for Speed Live will definitely push each driver and their cars to the limit as they contend with dramatic elevation changes and harrowing fourth-gear 100 mph drifts.”
For more information on Need for Speed Live, please visit http://www.needforspeedlive.com.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: EA Announces Need for Speed Live

Post by Andre_online »

Ooh! It'll be in London! That's something I didn't expect. :P
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

Very Interesting !! :) i wish it was in the US COz i could have gone easily !! :(
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

It's been held in the US and Canada for the past few years. I thought EA did the right thing by having this event in London. This way they can reach out to the European audiences. :)
Zonda_Z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zonda_Z »

I hope it will stretch to Asia...

And as expected, the Ford Focus is out...as i said before, there are too many Americans :(
Nitrocide
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Nitrocide »

I'm definitely going to be attending this, I'm a regular spectator at European Drift Championship events and I think this'll be one of the best things to happen to the UK drift scene since the D1GP exhibition at Siverstone back in 05. I personally think Silverstone is a better track for drifting but the EDC guys recently did a demo at Brands Hatch and it went well.
*sig deleted for being too big. limits are 550x120px and 50kb*

Return to “News”