[ ZEROGÔKI : 零号機 ]

The forum to show off your ride - cars, motorbikes, trucks or other vehicles. Read the rules before posting your ride.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: The Super Doorstop: ZEROGÔKI 零号機

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

boganbusman wrote: Anyway, here is the seat I want:
Not quite as expensive as that, but the last thing I 'gained' for mine:

*walks away whistling*

Car's looking good mate, RB's really suit her. I'm saving up for some Wats too, not sure I can justify £1000 without tyres just yet though. :o
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!! Want more pictures of the seat :o
Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:I'm saving up for some Wats too, not sure I can justify £1000 without tyres just yet though.
Yeah they're pricey, but the good thing is that they won't lose their value (and of course you can't beat the looks!). Which ones are you going for? I'm tossing up between the R and F8.

Only problem is that I will need ZG flares to make them fit . . . which means I will also need lower springs to make it look right, which then calls for better shocks, and on and on it goes!
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

This is about the only other pic I have (you can see the side bolsters are a bit worn, but then it was extremely cheap...)

I'm after some RS2's, similar to this:

Or the more common gold/lip/higher offset RS2's you normally see. Ideally though, I want ET-12 and 15x9J. :mrgreen:

Hah, I know what you mean. Just make sure you buy the right bits first time. I bought these coil-overs because the Max5 race cars use them. Got the car to Germany, and they're bloody useless for the 'Ring!! So now I'm selling them and buying either Tein Flex or Puredrive.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

That Skyline is hawt =P~ I so badly want a hakosuka, but that will probably have to wait until I'm a grey old man.

ImageImage
Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:Hah, I know what you mean. Just make sure you buy the right bits first time. I bought these coil-overs because the Max5 race cars use them. Got the car to Germany, and they're bloody useless for the 'Ring!! So now I'm selling them and buying either Tein Flex or Puredrive.
Yeah I wish I bought better gear "the first time" instead of being half-assed. Especially now with retarded exchange rates, I will have to wait a while until I can start buying stuff again. Retrospect is great, innit -_-
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

Grez get the Tein's they are very good. my friend has a set on his S13 and it rides good.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

An interesting opportunity has popped up for me:

One of my workmates is trying to sell his N12 Pulsar, but so far without much luck. He is going to drop the price to AU$3000 and asked if I want to buy it.
This car has a GT28 (not sure which model exactly, but it has roller-bearings and BIG comp housing), MoTeC ECU, Mazda 13B injectors, Bosch fuel pump, and some other bits that I could probably scavenge.

So obviously the idea now is to turbo my MR2 :D Seeing that the 4AGE already has a forged crank and rods, all I should need for the bottom end is 4AGZE pistons, plus bearings etc.
Rest of the stuff should be easy enough to find as well.

Let's see how this pans out then . . . will post updates if anything happens!
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Bugger, the Pulsar was sold to someone else for $4k :(

However, I have decided that I still want to go for a turbo, rather than swap the motor out.
I've worked up a rough list of all the stuff I will need to get:
- Turbo: GT28RS (aka Disco Potato)
- Manifold/Exhaust: Custom? I can get a good manifold from abroad, but costly
- ECU: MegaSquirt II
- Injectors: 500cc+, there's a bunch of different ones that can fit, shouldn't be too hard to find
- Pistons: 4A-GZE, probably from Toyota but Arias makes them too
- Clutch: Not sure which one yet, probably 4-puck spring centre or something like that
- Intercooler system: Water-to-Air, found a good website that sells inexpensive w2a kits (a2a is simply not viable on a mid-engined, street-driven car)
- Bits'n'pieces: Machining work, engine bearings, piston rings etc, ARP head and main studs and rod bolts, gaskets and seals for everything, various hoses and clamps, BOV, boost controller, turbo timer, dyno tune

Optional (depending on leftover budget):
- Cams: 8.2mm lift, 244 degree duration
- Cam gears: Fidanza adjustable gears, not entirely neccessary
- Flywheel: lightweight, either aluminium (Fidanza) or chromoly
- Ignition: Individual coil-over-plug (the MS ecu has built-in Ford EDIS support)

Later on, after the install is all sorted and running nicely:
- Gearbox: Either beef up the C52, or pull a tranny off a 4A-GZE (E51 or E58).
- LSD: A few companies make these, won't be hard to find (also E51/58 usually comes with LSD)
- Driveshafts: Custom, beefed up

I think that's about it, probably forgot something though :-k I'm planning to kick this off early next year, so until then it's just plenty of research and head-scratching. Hopefully the global economy picks up too and I can get my parts for a reasonable cost.
And of course I will keep this thread updated, stay tuned.

Edit: jesus that is a huge list :lol: starting to worry myself now
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

That would be awesome. How much boost are you planning on running though, 500cc injectors seem a bit OTT. :D I would've thought stock Supra injectors (370cc) would do you fine for a decently powerful set-up?
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

just wondering wouldnt it be easier to either twin charge a 4AGZE or just drop in a 3SGTE
I also looked at www.more-japan.com and 1 seat and rails like you want is 2K in the states
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:That would be awesome. How much boost are you planning on running though, 500cc injectors seem a bit OTT. :D I would've thought stock Supra injectors (370cc) would do you fine for a decently powerful set-up?
I'm not sure about the injectors tbh. I want it to be capable of 300whp, but obviously I can't run that until the drivretrain gets built. I was just thinking to get big ones and avoid having to buy them twice.
I don't know how much boost it will take to get 300hp, but this setup should be enough.
viper16 wrote:just wondering wouldnt it be easier to either twin charge a 4AGZE or just drop in a 3SGTE
Good question.
Twin-charging a 4AGZE would mean that I have to buy a GZE (which is a hassle in itself), PLUS I would still need almost every part that I listed in my previous post. Twin-charged setups are also harder to tune, harder to work on etc.
3SGTE would get me 300hp very easily, but it would be much more difficult to install (more custom work), and again I have the hassle of needing to buy another engine. It might be more cost effective, but probably not by much. Also it adds more weight to the rear of the car, which is something I want to avoid as much as possible.

There are a lot of guys in the US with 4AGTEs, so I know it works :wink:
viper16 wrote:I also looked at http://www.more-japan.com and 1 seat and rails like you want is 2K in the states
Yeah the new seat will have to wait for now, I want to get the turbo done first :) btw it's cheaper for me to get the seat from Nengun.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

boganbusman wrote:I want it to be capable of 300whp
Haha, that would rule. :mrgreen:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

bbm also check out Greenline as a Nengun alternative - I found them comparably priced and their delivery times/customer support FAR superior.

http://www.greenline.jp/
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Cool, thanks for the link. Prices are pretty close, but if they are really that much better then I will definitely consider going through them :)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Tell em I sent ya ;)

No really, 10 weeks for an (in-stock) clutch and fly from Nengun, while cams took two weeks from Greenline? I know where I'm shopping!
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Hmmk this is getting expensive.

I have mostly completed my parts list with prices, and also started buying a few bits already. My rough estimate at this point is at least AU$9k. This is without any of those "optional" parts I wanted to get (see above^^).
I've been told that the stock drivetrain will hold up pretty well so I'm not going to worry about that either.

Anyway here is the new revised list:
- Turbo: Garrett GT28RS, probably with insulating blanket too
- ECU: MegaSquirt II unassembled kit, along with a wideband O2 sensor + IAT and CLT sensors + 4bar MAP sensor
- Intercooler: Water-to-air intercooler kit, includes ic core + heat exchanger + fans + Bosch pump + filler neck
- Engine parts: 4AGZE pistons/rings from Toyota + ACL Race bearings + ARP studs and bolts + metal head gasket
- Fuel system: 550cc RX7 injectors + Walbro 255lph pump + Aeromotive fuel pressure reg + Speco gauge
- Clutch: still not sure, but the Illegal Garage clutch looks good
- Manifold: found one from Speed-Source that will work well (but pricey), also considering a log manifold. Rest of the exhaust will probably be custom.
- Gauges: Air/fuel (Prosport) + boost, oil temp, coolant temp (RaceTech)
- Boost controller: Turbotech MBC
- Other stuff: Engine machine shop work + Gates timing belt kit + new OEM water pump + full gasket kit + BOV + vacuum distributor + engine mount inserts + coolant reservoir + pod filter
- Other other stuff: lots of pipes and tubes and hoses and fittings and clamps and brackets and wires and headaches
- Laptop: HP nc6000 (for tunninng yo)

I think that's nearly everything!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Christ is there anything you're not changing out? Have you thought about the danger to manifold??
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

It's ok, I aint got NAAAAWWWSZS :P
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

ocraps you aint got no NAAAAWWWWWZZAZS?

damn dude, gotta have it.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

BUT WHAT IF THE FLOOR OF MY CAR FALLS OUT!!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Duh. It's supposed to... :roooooll:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Yeah duh,

And what is a tuned car without NAAAAWWWZSZ, You wouldn't even need al those extra engine parts, all you need is a NAAAWS kit and your car flies, sure you floor will come off as it should but who needs it anyway?

You do need the laptop, cause you can't watch the NAAWWZZ graph if you don't have one.

But seriously, would a complete engine swap not be easier and cheaper?
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Yeah a 3SGTE swap is probably cheaper (and easier), but that's no fun :)
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

You can has 7M-GTE? Or will that not fit? (lol kidding)

Honestly I'd love to see how a turbo'd 4A-GE would go. Heck, you may be able to supercharge it for less money, seeing as they (AFAIK) made supercharged A engines at some point.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Yeah supercharged would be way less money, but it won't get me to 300whp ;)
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Oh yeah 8) Garrett GT2860R w/.64 A/R turbine housing.

edit: also I have decided to get a fixed-back bucket seat instead of a reclinable one. I thought I would need the reclining since I'm kinda tall, but I just realised that you can tilt a fixed seat by using side-mounts. Duhhhh

Return to “Your Rides”