Coolest cars you've seen

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Coolest cars you've seen

Post by Andre_online »

OK, let this discussion be in the Favourite Car thread. Let's move on to more cool cars! I just found this today at the traffic light junction while going for lunch:

I didn't know there're quite a number of rich a**es in Singapore. Before this, I spotted Bentley Continental GT and another Quattroporte. :o
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

lol, saw the (basically) exact same car parked outside school gates!

Quattroporte FTW!!!
oh snap
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

imo the m5 looks like a bloated 5 series, it dosnt look like how it use to.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I think the M5 discussion is over now, arabnight.

@ Andre: Singapore has a fairly large number of wealthy individuals compared to the vast majority of the world. This is apparent by their exceptionally high GDP per capita, which has consistently been in the top 10 globally.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I realised.. I feel so envious now. Haha! I mean, it's not normal!! Even the Chrysler 300C is used as cabs here. That's how crazy it is - and I'm feeling extremely deprived. LOL! ;)
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

May not be cool where you guys live, but all a sudden today i saw 6 smart cars and 4 challengers. Either people are just now buying these things or i need to get out more. Also saw a dirty burgundy saleen mustang with the black back piece in between the rear lights. I'm not sure if i spotted a Jaguar XFR because i was daydreaming a bit and a hella chromed grill caught my attention in my peripheral vision by the time i looked over i only saw the back part of the car. I could have mistakenly saw a black 2009 lucerne but it was in the back of my mind all day. :?

EDIT: the new CTS is fekin sexy :mrgreen:
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

6 Smart cars? Haha! Well I guess we can call that a convoy.. I guess that'd be a cool scene for me, 'cuz Smart isn't available in Singapore. Not sure if it'll ever be. ;)

The one car I can't wait to see on the Singapore roads: Ariel Atom. Apparently there're already buyers under waiting list. :D
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

Wow... today I saw a Blue Ford GT, a 911 turbo and a yellow Ferrari(I think it's a 355, not sure though)
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Andre_online wrote:6 Smart cars? Haha! Well I guess we can call that a convoy.. I guess that'd be a cool scene for me, 'cuz Smart isn't available in Singapore. Not sure if it'll ever be. ;)

The one car I can't wait to see on the Singapore roads: Ariel Atom. Apparently there're already buyers under waiting list. :D

You try driving one off a racetrack. Make sure you have health insurance.
oh snap
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

And you're alone on the track.

Btw, saw my first 911 Turbo. A masterpiece.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I reckon I'm gonna get some verrry major hate mail for this but, I actually saw a 997 911 on the street. And I found it relatively unattractive to be honest. Not to mention extremely similar in shape to the 996 in one of the showrooms here aside from the headlights...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Spotted more cars in town today: 2 Bentley Continental GT, Ferrari F430, Aston Martin DB9 Volante and Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R.

And to top everything off: Aston Martin DB9. This was spotted at Hilton Hotel. :D

Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Ok this might sound like a load of _____ but I assure you that a couple of years back I saw a car, a Nissan 350Z, we have a fair few of them in Australia, but this one had the No. Plate "NFSUG2", cool enough as it is, but it was an EXACT REPLICA (pretty much) of the car on the front cover of the game (you know, the one you drive at the start of the game). Unfortunately I didn't have a phone at the time so I didn't get a pic. Also my bros former boss had a Ferrari a Lambo and a Masarati and offered my a drive in them.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I saw 3 Maserati GT Sport yesterday at different timings - morning, afternoon, night. Thankfully, the owners were all generous enough to rev the engine upon green light. Amazing sound I tell ya... ;)
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Saw first Gallardo LP560-4 on street and also 370Z. The nissan might not look that good on pics, but it actually looks really good.

I don't even have to comment on the Gallardo XD
oh snap
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

No pictures, but I saw a Maserati GT S, Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster and Lambo Gallardo yesterday. :)
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Masi GT S for me too. That Ferrari V8 is making such a nice sound.
And I've got overtaken by an R8. Looks even more astonishing than in pictures.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I know!! The GT's sounded great! In fact, I had a good treat when I encountered the first out of the three I spotted on Friday.

It happeed at a traffic light junction. My mates and I were in a cab and this Maserati GT was right beside our cab. When the light hit green, knowing that there was a long stretch of straight right in front, the driver hit the pedal hard, and the engine noise pierced into the cab. All of us were WOWED. It was so melodic it made the hair on my arms stand. Haha! That was something which I've waited for so long.

It finally did. Heh! :D
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

It's interesting though that the GTS is pretty much for the looks and the sound because apparently it doesn't drive very well. I still want one though.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I don't care how it drives. As long as it drives well on the road, I'll be happy. C'mon! It's a Maserati. Unless you own a Ferrari already, there will always be a smile on your face when you get into the driver's seat drive that car. The V8 crescendo will leave you wanting more.

It's a really good car to be in if you ain't got the money for a modern day Ferrari. ;)

It is a Maserati. :)
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Or you could buy a satisfying Audi S6/RS6 and have a few dozen thousand dollars to spare.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Saw a brand new (NEW, 5TH GEN) Camaro in dark blue today. It was pretty far away, though, so I couldn't tell if it was an SS or a V6.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Andre_online wrote:The V8 crescendo will leave you wanting more.
I'd rather listen to the V10 scream of an M5, or the turbo road of an RS6. If you want a car that sounds good and drives badly, buy an old 'Stang.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

M5 is fun to be in, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it if I had the money. But to the untrained eye, people will see it as a normal 5-series. Only drivers who know what's an M5 will be wowed by the M5, not by its looks, but by what the car can offer for such a price; STELLAR.

Back to where I stopped, having a Maserati in Singapore is like trying to make a statement: I'm rich. Get the hell outta my way.

You can't do this with the M5 (much less the M6, since we're talking about GT cars). ;)
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

No-one said anything about an M6. I was talking about the nigh-on 600bhp RS6.
When I see a Maserati on the road I just think "too much money, not enough car". The GT's are even worse, they shout "look at me! I could have got a 911 but didn't want to follow the pack, so I bought something worse to try and be individual!"
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project

Return to “The Cars”