NFS Franchise getting 4 new titles in 2009 !!

The news visible on the main page
PanZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFS Franchise getting 4 new titles in 2009 !!

Post by PanZero »

I like the way they are heading. In the end, it's still the same: The game they made for Nintendo sistems (and probably PSP too) were actually different games, but followed the same story, probably the same tracks, etc. They're just making the games different. I really hope there isn't a fourth one (sorry if it's already confirmed), 'cause then it'd be too much (...or maybe not? Is EA Black Box working fully on any of those?).

NFS World seems like it'd be really fun, especially if it's free. They'll probably profit on advertising and a few paid exclusive contents, like (very good) cars and tuning options. I'll probably play it if they keep their promise on the play for free part. I don't know, it seems a bit fishy to me. Also, to the people that want Underground 3 as the fourth game, I feel like NFSW will be underground 3, otherwise it'll be hard to make everyone's car look and feel different.

NFS Shift looks like what PS should've been. I just hope they keep drag and drift racing, a varied car list (from tuned old imports like the '99 Eclipse to racing cars like the Murciélago R-GT) and at least some tuning to keep it like the NFS we're used to. Those are some things that GRID (as we noticed, EA's main inspiration for this game) lacked that would make it sooooo much better.

I liked the art style in NFS Nitro. The blower and even the exhaust going out of the hood and the cars... something I missed a lot since Carbon... The cars, from that pic, though some of you think it's a bit childish, seem to me that they have a "I don't care what they say, nothing under that hood is street-legal!" attitude (which is a bit childich, I must admit). This one should be closer to MW in terms of gameplay, with cops and the art style that just screams arcade. Hopefully they put a monster truck as a bonus car or something, to be used in police chases. That'd be fun!

Overall, like I said before, I liked the way they're heading. Having more games mean that they can focus on different things, for different audiences. Just imagine a simulation online street-racing with racing and tuned to the extreme cars game with cops. That'd be a mayhem.

I'll probably get Shift (I like simulation and I really enjoyed ProStreet) and World (if it stays free). Maybe I'll get Nitro for my brother if it turns out as fun as I just imagined (Monster trucks jumping running over police and traffic cars in a big city in broad daylight, tee hee),
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Bojan wrote:Undercover is Most Wanted 2...
Exactly... though not as fun. :(

But once again, I enjoyed it in 2 seconds more than I ever will with Carbon. :)
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Ooh! Grid style racing. Now that is what I'm talking about.. Screenshots look promising, as usual. But I'll reserve my judgements until more are revealed, World Online in particular. :)
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

You just want to race in Singapore, don't you, Andre?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Singapore doesn't have a race track, technically speaking. But yes, I'd love to race virtually in the streets of Singapore. It'd be a pretty cool sight. Doesn't matter if the game turns out bad. I'd buy it. EA can count on it. :D
oumysoft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by oumysoft »

It seem some people complaining about the lack of time im making the games over the one year cycle (for this argument im only gonna involve shift).
If you look at shift, its been developed by (effectivly) blimey! Studios. Now werent they the ones doing the ferrari project? how long has that project been going for and wot stops them from using that engine on the next need for speed (looking at the screenshots, the graphics of both games looks similar).
pakitos
Ricer
Ricer

Post by pakitos »

baumaxx1 wrote:@pakitos: You realise the Porsches and Lambos and Astons that compete in Le Mans are tuned? The tuning in NFS allows for many different styles... and you don't even need to med it visually.

I know what you mean, the problem is its Le Mans, a special endurance race of course they cars need to be tuned.

But NFS is a serie of street cars, Le Mans cars are for track, no street legal. What I meant with not tuning a Porsche, Lambo, Aston,etc.. is that a normal owner will not mod his engine like in a game. For me and for others that sucks.

Keep the asian cars and muscle ones to be tuned, but leave alone the exotics they dont deserve that much of hate to their performance. [-X

I miss every NFS game till Hot Pursuit II... then every NFS game is rubish, but Most Wanted is a great game thou.

Let the Underground shiznit die with Underground 2...
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Right... NFS crap games

NFS World i believe would be something like TD:U
NFS Nitro is tending to be Burnout
NFS Shift tends to be GRID

so... nothing really original.

GRID is one of a kind game... simulation but bearable
TD:U is world of its own, online roaming is something spectacular
Forza is absolute fun game!!!
Gran Turismo is best of everything
Burnout is best arcade racing
GTR is hardcore simulation

Now all of these games are just brilliant, whereas NFS is just getting worse and worse. Only highlight was MW, but even that IMO shouldnt have fiat punto and such cheap ass cars. What NFS should be is only exotic cars roaming huge exotic worlds and only one part of it is city, arcade physics (like Underground1), no tuning, just rewarding special edition of car, and as every arcade game... secret Uber car! And ofcourse police. Thats NFS! and thats Fun!!!!

And the 3 games they are about to sell is just wannabe something else and it will be junk. Death of NFS im affraid.
pakitos
Ricer
Ricer

Post by pakitos »

In a no-gay way I love you lol.

"What NFS should be is only exotic cars roaming huge exotic worlds" you got it all right =D>
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

And where do the tuner fans go from there, if in the future, it does go back to its roots, hmm? Spiraling into oblivion knowing that tuners can't be in a single game anymore?
pakitos
Ricer
Ricer

Post by pakitos »

Wait for Juiced 3 or for any other game :)

The root of NFS is not tuning and should kept like that. With tuning I dont feel the need for speed lol.

Or then they need to come out with 2 kind of games which will separate the exotic from the tunners and muscle.

NFS: Malibu... Every exotic

NFS: Madness... Tunners and Muscles
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Juiced 2 wasn't that great.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Yes, unfortunately. I wasted 50 bucks for it. -_-
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I rented it... glad I did, actually. I was really planning on buying it.

Anywho, at least we know that all of our b*tching about Blackbox hasn't gone completely unnoticed. I'm interested to see how Slightly Mad will do with NFS Shift.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

3 confirmed, 1 unconfirmed afaik
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

tbh, Im only really interested in the 1 unconfirmed, since that will be the one that follows the Undercover bloodline.
korge
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Umm, you're kidding, right? Or maybe you aren't, I guess some people do like Undercover.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

peterfaj wrote:Umm, you're kidding, right? Or maybe you aren't, I guess some people do like Undercover.
Yeah but it's the story, not just the gameplay. I know this is a bit off topic but was UG1, UG2, MW and C all one storyline, or was it just MW and C. IMO the acting in MW and C is crap and so was the story but it still kept me interested, kind of like ''The Bold and the Beautiful".
bluestreak908
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by bluestreak908 »

Bojan wrote:Undercover is Most Wanted 2...
yeah, with a glitchy framerate, easy AI, and crappy story
TUNERS ROCK!!!
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

peterfaj wrote:Umm, you're kidding, right? Or maybe you aren't, I guess some people do like Undercover.
For the sake that its the current NFS generation's bloodline.

I want to see how good/bad the next "real" NFS title will be.

IMO, these 3 current announced titles dont count towards Black Box's reputation for NFS.
korge

Return to “News”