Far Cry 2

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Re: Far Cry 2

Post by donaldgladden »

2furio wrote:20-minute gameplay footage:
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53316
What's the point of arguing that it will take place in the desert? Watch the full video and you'll see there's barely any (only at the end a bit). After seeing this footage, I'm sold. This game captures the African atmosphere perfectly and it looks awesome to play. I'm just hoping it won't be another Crysis that most computers won't be able to handle the game.
im late watching the video but did he just say what i thought he did at 0:17 ?
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

I like the healing system, can't wait to yank out shrapnel and correct dislocated bones!
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Dunno if u guys are still interested but this is once helluva trailer,

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41212.html
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

13 days to go :P
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Far Cry 2 has gone gold! ( 15/10/08)
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

Picking it up today at 10 am when Gamestop opens...

The Far Cry Instincts: Predator on xbox 360 is still being played by people mainly because of the Map Editor. The map editor prolonged me from playing something else on Xbox.

I am also buying it on PC just because I'm rich and have a good computer.... :lol: nah its because I have friends who are console haters.

I have played it and it is a long waited sequel. If it does do terrible, I still have Call of Duty 4 and Fable 2 to play till Gears of War 2 :lol:
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Cpt.Razkit wrote:Picking it up today at 10 am when Gamestop opens...

The Far Cry Instincts: Predator on xbox 360 is still being played by people mainly because of the Map Editor. The map editor prolonged me from playing something else on Xbox.

I am also buying it on PC just because I'm rich and have a good computer.... :lol: nah its because I have friends who are console haters.

I have played it and it is a long waited sequel. If it does do terrible, I still have Call of Duty 4 and Fable 2 to play till Gears of War 2 :lol:
Wuts it like? Comes to australia 2moro
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Oky i just started playing this game, and it has already amazed me.

But, somehow it reminds me of COD4 for some reason. The intro in the story mode is just like the COD4 style - in car conversation - view. The graphics are pretty sweet, and the run very well with my gpx card on all settings. There is a lot of attention to detail, stunning scenery, nice character animation and the game feels easy to get started with. I also watched myself treat a bullet wound.. :/

And, at the beginning of the game. you have to choose a character to play as, and they provide some very unusual and interesting background info about the players too.

Cant wait to finish and attack multilayer :mrgreen:
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Awww sadd! I wanna play this now :(
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Saw gametrailer's video review, didnt look interesting to me tbh.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

The single player is pretty awesome for what I have played, don't want to spoil anything but if you have played Far Cry 1, you are in search for the Jackyl. The first 2 minutes of the game was terrible just looking around in a car but the graphics on the 360 with a 52in 1080p tv is pretty awesome.

Multiplayer is nothing like I imagined it would be. I was hoping for the Far Cry Instincts: Predator (360) juiced up version but it reminds me too much of the Soldier of Fortune that was released for the 360. There is a saying that goes around on multiplayer FPS's. Every host of a match has "super host" or host advantage of being able to killed harder or being able to take more bullets than others. But it doesn't ruin the multiplayer atmosphere.

I hope its different when I pick it up for PC.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Just received the game today along with Red Alert 3 and even though I haven't had a chance to play through as much as I wanted, it seems like a pretty good game. I agree that at the beginning, there's not enough shooting and too much driving but I presume that's so you get familiar with the world.

The game has nothing in common with the original Far Cry so people won't be missing out if they haven't played through the first one. Overall, so far it seems like an average shooter but the open Safari world seems really awesome. I will update impressions once I play through more.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

I'm having alot of fun with the Map editor. It's a bit tough to control on the 360 without a mouse and keyboard but it takes some time to get used to.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

I heard this game sucked beyond belief. And the fact it was plastered a sequel to Far Cry was only a marketing ploy.

Shame really. No demo. You cant question why people pirate games in the first place. Read the horror stories of people spending 50 USD on a crap game because rags like PC Gamer give the game a higher rating than the likes of Fallout 3 and close to HL2.
korge
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I really really like it. Shame my PC can barely play it though.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

it's like GTA but as a FPS in Africa
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

I heard it failed as a FPS.

But hey, its got free roam...
korge
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

And yet the free roam sucks BALLS... It's not fun driving to places, especially when the A.I keeps respawning and coming after you shooting your car, forcing your self to get out and fix it.. omg, best part of the game is the Map Editor, the MP sucks too..

* my opinion *
Explicit signature removed.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

korge

Return to “The Games”