Top Gear Australia

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Top Gear Australia

Post by Striker94 »

Hello!

To all of you who live in Australia, the new Top Gear Australia is screening today (Monday, 29th September). Apparently it's going to be very similar to the original, but with Australian presenters as well as some minor changes.

However, these things are here to stay;
Challenges
Celebrity Guest (this time Australian)
The Stig (no idea if it will be the same one)
Test Track

If you watch it tonight, please comment on it!
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: Top Gear Australia

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I watched it and quite frankly its not that good....or at least Clarkson, May and Hammond do a MUCH better job at presenting than the Aussies. Especially the small one....he bugs me....
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Well, IMO it was a good show, but it didn't live up to the standards that the BBC show set. I mean, I enjoyed it, but in the end it was no match for the original.

However, one thing that I didn't like is how they skipped over the cars so quickly, it seemed they had no interest. They went over the new Gallardo for about 3 minuted, when they were bragging about it being a "world-first". Also, the fact that they tested a Hummer Limo... #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I already know all about the LP560/4 from reading the Top Gear Australia magazine....even thats better than the TGA show....although that first time trial they did in the soft-roaders was hilarious, with the guy who had the Rav4...awesome leap. Like every other bloody Australian show, there has to be the Red and Blue involved in some way shape or form....They should know by now that the F6 is going to win both in a straight line and around the track...
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Yeah, I have a feeling the Top Gear America isn't going to be much better. The original sets such a high bar, there's no way these predecessors are going to come close. As long as there's cool cars, epic cinematography, and Tanner Foust drives the shiz out of the cars, I'll be watching it regularly. :)
qwerty-acme
Ricer
Ricer

Post by qwerty-acme »

...it just doesn't feel like topgear, i think that the uk version is better, although, it was only the first week, so they were probably a bit freaked out.
Always look on the bright side of life/death - Monty Python.
qwerty-acme
Ricer
Ricer

Post by qwerty-acme »

...are we the only australian members of this forum?!
Always look on the bright side of life/death - Monty Python.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

No, we're obviously just the only Aussies who watched the show :P
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

check the showroom, there's a group full of aussies! (hosted by baumaxx)
The Magazines are good IMO however, they have an aweful load of ads...
Anyway, still looking forward to Moday, even though it will be the red v blue duel yet again #-o

And I didn't hear about Top Gear America...
oh snap
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:No, we're obviously just the only Aussies who watched the show :P
Yeah I forgot to watch it, might get around to it later . . .
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

This partly has to do with the topic, because its top gear and its in Australia, but.....I have tickets to Top Gear LIVE!!!! Awwwwwwwwww yeeeeeaaaahhhhh 8) And its Clarkson and Hammond doing what TG usually does, which is being "ambitious but rubbish". The only problem with it, is that there's no May...

EDIT: Here's what's going to be in it: http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2939/
FOREVER_LIVERPOOL
Ricer
Ricer

Post by FOREVER_LIVERPOOL »

Striker94 wrote:Hello!

To all of you who live in Australia, the new Top Gear Australia is screening today (Monday, 29th September). Apparently it's going to be very similar to the original, but with Australian presenters as well as some minor changes.

However, these things are here to stay;
Challenges
Celebrity Guest (this time Australian)
The Stig (no idea if it will be the same one)
Test Track

If you watch it tonight, please comment on it!
Can I just comment if I didnt watch it- I dont think it'll be as good as Top Gear here in England :oops:
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

FOREVER_LIVERPOOL wrote: Can I just comment if I didnt watch it- I dont think it'll be as good as Top Gear here in England :oops:
Yes you're right. And I wasn't expecting it to get anywhere near the levels of Top Gear UK either.
The Australian version seems way too rushed for me. They should have spent more time to make a better show. The presenters are a bit annoying, the reviews are a bit shallow (Especially the Maybach review from last week), and it's completely missing the great comedy. But at least I understand what they're talking about in car reviews, now that it's been, err... Australianized. :)
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Boom... I needed this image sorry... I'm off-topic bow. :!:

Off topic image removed. There are plenty of image hosting sites around. Go find one.

Return to “General Discussion”