Just want to talk? Come here.

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Just want to talk? Come here.

Post by Carcrazy »

As long as the bubble is mostly filled in, you're normally fine. I've taken the ITBS, which is quite similar, and I haven't noticed it to matter. Granted, I haven't known EXACTLY what I missed or why, but I've made between a 97 and a 99 each year. (it's based on percentile in the nation, as in 99 = Top 1 Percent, Scored Higher than 99% of people that took test.)

Still, it's just the PSAT... it doesn't count for shi*. (Unless you're like me and are VERY eager to get a prediction on your SAT scores.)
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Carcrazy wrote:I've made between a 97 and a 99 each year. (it's based on percentile in the nation, as in 99 = Top 1 Percent, Scored Higher than 99% of people that took test.)
You could simply say you were in the 99th percentile. No need to put it in three different terms. Bragging about the same thing, 3 times, in one set of parenthesis... Comes off a little douchey.

Congrats, though.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Carcrazy? Bragging? Nowai. O:
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

All bragging aside (yeah right), when I got my AIMS (darn nonstandard standardized tests! WHY MUST ARIZONA USE A USELESS TEST THAT NO ONE ELSE ACCEPTS?!?!?) results, I saw that several portions said "This score puts you higher than X percent of students in (either Arizona or the nation, can't remember)". The number was larger than 90 for almost all, if not all, of the scores. :D (Can't remember exactly what it said. It was a while ago and I dunno where the score thingy went.)

Then again, in terms of how much money states spend per student in education, Arizona is 51st. Yes. 51st. (DC is included, which explains that.) This means I doubt that I have much to be impressed about.

By the way, @ Zero260: If my calculations are correct, the "upper 99 percentile" is just a nice way of saying "a little above the lowest 1 percent". :lol: Then again, you didn't say "upper 99 percent"
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

RedCarDriver wrote:WHY MUST ARIZONA USE A USELESS TEST THAT NO ONE ELSE ACCEPTS?!?!?
RedCarDriver wrote:..in terms of how much money states spend per student in education, Arizona is 51st. Yes. 51st.
You asked and answered your own question right there.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

I scored in the 83 percentile on the SAT, also took the ACT (which is basically the same as the SAT.) and scored a 27. Good thing I'm actually in College! j/k
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY XTURBO!!

xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

So I walk into my office, this morning, I glance over and see a framed poster on the far wall. Then I see it's a photo of the Stig. Then I see it's a Top Gear magazine cover. I walk over to read it and my eyes are drawn to the large, yellow text near the bottom of the cover saying, "Exclusive! Joey Greer is the Stig!"

I'm Joey Greer, in case you're wondering. :P
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Haha, that's awesome. You must have some cool coworkers.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Anyone try out DJ Hero yet? Songs in the game sound pretty good and I'm wondering if it's worth getting.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I saw Texhnolith playing it on PS3 the yesterday.. maybe hit him up?
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Zero260 wrote:
Carcrazy wrote:I've made between a 97 and a 99 each year. (it's based on percentile in the nation, as in 99 = Top 1 Percent, Scored Higher than 99% of people that took test.)
You could simply say you were in the 99th percentile. No need to put it in three different terms. Bragging about the same thing, 3 times, in one set of parenthesis... Comes off a little douchey.

Congrats, though.
I know I'm kinda' late with this, but I don't see how making a *bleeeep* post is bragging... come on now. >.<
Fine, I should've said "percentile," whatever. Is it that big of a deal?

And BTW Porsche, from what I've seen DJ Hero is epic, but since I haven't played it in person yet, I'll leave it at that.
Last edited by GT3x24x7 on 04 Nov 2009, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language filter avoidance.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

Porsche-AG wrote:Anyone try out DJ Hero yet? Songs in the game sound pretty good and I'm wondering if it's worth getting.
I want to buy it but another peripheral to have stuffed into my closet when I am not using it. I have 2 Rockband Guitars, 2 sets of drums as well. :lol:
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Luckily I don't have any music game so space isn't an issue. Being in university, time is though, haha. I heard some mixes that are playable in game including the Daft Punk Megamixes, and they are pretty phenomenal.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Just came here to inform everyone that I completed Crash Bandicoot 2 today, on the PS1. It was my very first game, along with Porsche Challenge. Only took me twelve years to finish! :P I'm extremely chuffed!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Ohhh maaan.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I'm having a grand time selling 50+ pieces of software on ebay. I had a bunch of free-after-rebate crap lying around, a LOT of it. All of it was software like antivirus, internet security, video production, system management, etc. So I've gotten around to selling it finally, going to make one hell of a profit. :D
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

Just sold my SNES,PS1, and first PS2 along with most of the games and etc.

Emulators are awesome. For the SNES anyway.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

You make a fair bit from retro consoles now eh? I still have my working SNES.

I'm about 6 days away from finishing first year engineering at uni :D

...and I have this to look forward to in the nice, long holidays till march: http://www.bigdayout.com/lineup/artists.php

Seeing:
Muse
The Mars Volta
Karnivool
Jet
Powderfinger
Simian Mobile Disco
Eskimo Joe
Grinspoon
Kasabian
Rise Against
The Horrors

Hiltop Hoods, Groove Armada and Kisschasy are pretty tempting though... but it's only 12 hours of concerts and I'll somehow have to get food when no one's buying and eat in the mosh to see everything. That's hoping those bands don't go on at the same time =-S

Ohh... and Future Music Festival is in March: The Prodigy!!! Had to see them again :), Does it Offend You, Yeah?, Franz Ferdinand, Empire of the Sun (Should be interesting, lol.) David Guetta's playing too... I can't seem to tell his music apart from most house, but friends like him. There are some other good DJs I'm not interested in either, but I'm going for the awesome electro punk, lol.

/excited.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

I'm filling out 2 college applications today. Woohoo.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Is that like University here? or Senior High?
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

College = University.

Mmm... Muse, The Mars Volta, Rise Against... Sweet lineup. That should be a good time.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Ohk... in that case... what programs are you applying for?

And yeah, that's gonna be the highlight of the year... unless I go to Europe, lol. Last year it was The Prodigy, Pendulum, TV on the Radio, Arctic Monkeys, Ting Tings, Hot Chip, Bullet for My Valentine, The Living End, Lupe FIasco, Serj Tankian, Simian Mobile Disco, The Getaway Plan, Cog, The Butterfly effect, Birds of Tokyo. I jumped around a lot that one, lol.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

baumaxx1, I'm about 3 weeks close to finishing half (1st semester) of 1st year engineering, and I don't really know if I like it all that much. I have about 3 days to decide whether I want to continue engineering for another 4 months or switch.

And I'd kill to see Groove Armada. I was actually listening to "The Girls Say" when I read your comment.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah, first year engineering is pretty lame. It's all the theory and basics. What type are you doing? You could always try looking at final year projects and seeing if that work interests you (that's what's keeping me going XD + my friends I'm studying with), but if your program's anything like mine, there's a lot of theory until later years and it's by no means easy. If you choose to continue, and get half way through the semester, you may as well finish it, but if you have no interest in it and was more a choice based on $$ and the job availability it's a bit hard to motivate yourself to get through it.

What other programs are you looking at?

Return to “General Discussion”