Another new NFS in the works?

The Future of Need For Speed
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Another new NFS in the works?

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Hey all, I was on wikipedia earlier today and stumbled apon this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed#Future

It talks about the upcoming games in the franchise, including NFS: World Online and the other new game known to be in the works by Criterion, but it also states that EA Black Box are also working on a game (continuation on from Undercover) which is due to be released in 2011.

Now I'm not sure if you guys were all aware of this, but I'd never heard about this one before.

Sources for this information can be found here - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ea-bl ... t-nfs-game and here - http://www.gamespot.com/news/6203924.html
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Another new NFS in the works?

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Didn't know about this EA Black Box Secret NFS being in the works.
I'm not waiting on this one really, its enough that its sequel to Undercover which was not good enough, mass problems, weird physics, upon patching the AI went all out 500 km/h in Audi TT's or anything like this. oh i nearly forgot, the game ran BETTER on a cracked exe than on original one.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Wait a minute, the Eurogamer article states that this "secret" NFS game, is the fourth announced, when actually speaking, the 4th NFS game is the one being made by Criterion Games.
I wasn't actually aware that there was one being made by Black Box too, hopefully, it won't be like Undercover and if possible could have a new map.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

@ElvenAvenger - I wouldn't say that this is a "sequel" to Undercover, as you made it out like it was going to be an Undercover clone, it's just the next one in the series like Carbon was to MW, and they, although similar in gameplay, were very different games. I would say that this would be of higher polish than UC was, but knowing EA we have no idea whether they'll come up with something brilliant or something horrific.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

That thing's been around for months.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

How come we haven't heard anyone discussing it or even the slightest mention of the game then? Hardly seems that a NFS fansite wouldn't mention a new game in the works.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Because there's barely anything to discuss. EA Black Box title, 2011, street racing. That's all we know. When there's more info, it'll be mentioned.
lexslimx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by lexslimx »

I bet this is just a gimmick to weewee off nfs fans..we dont need another Undercover or anything that looks anything like it..EA Black Box failed once and i really dont see how they can turn undercover into anything meaningful.
athlon 240 @ 3.8Ghz
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

lexslimx wrote:I bet this is just a gimmick to weewee off nfs fans..we dont need another Undercover or anything that looks anything like it..EA Black Box failed once and i really dont see how they can turn undercover into anything meaningful.
Actually it doesn't say continuation of Undercover (that's NFS World). It just says action-packed street racing like previous titles, but seemingly more refreshing and better.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Mmmm yeah, but is World even a continuation of Undercover? It basically stands by itself.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Mmmm yeah, but is World even a continuation of Undercover? It basically stands by itself.
Story-wise, I think it's Carbon. When talking about the timeline, it's set after Undercover.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:
Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Mmmm yeah, but is World even a continuation of Undercover? It basically stands by itself.
Story-wise, I think it's Carbon. When talking about the timeline, it's set after Undercover.
But guys, World (online) has no storyline as far as I'm concerned, doesn't matter if it's after or before Undercover. Undercraper doesn't follow MW or Underground 1-2 or Carbon or Pro Street story. The locations are in the same how to say...emm area but it has a different story from the rest. There is a cameo of another character in Undercover but that doesn't mean it participates directly in the action.
lexslimx wrote:I bet this is just a gimmick to weewee off nfs fans..we dont need another Undercover or anything that looks anything like it..EA Black Box failed once and i really dont see how they can turn undercover into anything meaningful.
What about Carbon and Pro Street (which commercially failed)? Carbon is just a total recyle of MW and toned down, jesus remember that ghost city, annoying tire sounds, tiny police chases and other bugs/glitches,blablabla? Pro Street WAS an interesting idea but it finally wasn't what the fans were wanting, that's why they created Shift in order to replace that stigma. ANDThat's why they "shut down" BlackBox moving or merging it with EA Canada. They failed long ago tbh.

Everyone is way more expectant to what Criterion will bring this year NFS series, but if BlackBox has more than 1 year and half to release another game, damn imo that's enough time to beta test it or whatever to avoid bugs, glitches and more crap like Undercover "QA" testing lol
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

There are three NFS threads:

o- UG1 -> UG2 -> MW -> Carbon -> Undercover -> World (street racing, rice tuning)
o- ProStreet -> Shift (professional racing)
o- Nitro (Nintendo racing)

Only the first one is true Need for Speed to me, but anyway.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

NaBUru83 wrote:There are three NFS threads:

o- UG1 -> UG2 -> MW -> Carbon -> Undercover -> World (street racing, rice tuning)
o- ProStreet -> Shift (professional racing)
o- Nitro (Nintendo racing)

Only the first one is true Need for Speed to me, but anyway.
nintendo racing :lol: that sounds like a name for a game.... :twisted:
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Hahaha.

You know, I might try to download the Dolphin emulator and play Nitro through it, just to see what it's like. But that's besides the topic...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:Hahaha.

You know, I might try to download the Dolphin emulator and play Nitro through it, just to see what it's like. But that's besides the topic...
Hmmm.....that might be a possibility to play EVERY need for speed made so far! :D
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I don't know where nfs-planet received their info from but:

Rumour: NFS Hot Pursuit Remake & NFS Shift 2?

Need for Speed all around: Need for Speed World started this weekend its (western) » betaphase, but there are two more NFS titles in the works, which will be released in Q4 2010 and Q1 2011. (We wrote about that » here.)

Now we heard a rumour, that this year's NFS will be a Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, possibly a remake of the classic NFS III Hot Pursuit (1998). According to the name, we might can expect the return of police pursuits. It's not known yet, if the game will contain an open world.
If we can believe previous rumours, this might be the title Criterion Games is working on, who are the creators of the successful Burnout-series.

The second game is planned for release in the 1st quarter in 2011. As it seems, it'll be a successor of NFS Shift and possibly carry the name Need for Speed Shift 2. Given the success of NFS Shift this seems to be a logical step of EA.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

That's... interesting news...

Remake? Hm, we'll have to get more info.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

"we might can"...duh.

a remake of NFS 3...hm...Want. im not dying for it, but its surely welcome! those old games had the gameplay idea nailed. just add in graphics, and more content.
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

What would be the difference between this Hot Pursuit 3 and World? I can only imagine less city and more mountain / desert / forest.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

NaBUru83 wrote:What would be the difference between this Hot Pursuit 3 and World? I can only imagine less city and more mountain / desert / forest.
probably no free roam, each track is prepared on its own, exotic cars, cops (like in Hot Pursuit/ Hot Pursuit 2) and some paint changing. and it was good, didnt need any more.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

i agree with ElvenAvenger, the classic NFS games showed that all you needed was a couple of exotics, cop cars and some exotic locations. Tuning? Just change your paint.

Actually, a Hot Pursuit with free roam would become something like MW right? Maybe some distinguishing feature could be the best pursuit physics and cop physics in any game yet. Plus something that was present in Hot Pursuit I, the ability to get ticketed for a certain number of times after which it was straight to jail. That was realism.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Racemaniac wrote:i agree with ElvenAvenger, the classic NFS games showed that all you needed was a couple of exotics, cop cars and some exotic locations. Tuning? Just change your paint.

Actually, a Hot Pursuit with free roam would become something like MW right? Maybe some distinguishing feature could be the best pursuit physics and cop physics in any game yet. Plus something that was present in Hot Pursuit I, the ability to get ticketed for a certain number of times after which it was straight to jail. That was realism.
what i meant by more content was more cars, and maybe things like RUF tuned Porsches, Brabus tuned Mercedes cars, some special/limited edition cars. that would be great. a Hot Pursuit 1 like game with simply more cars, Shift graphics and a good driving engine.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Although that might work (Croteam did it with Serious Sam: The First and Second Encounter), somehow I don't think an "NFS III: Hot Pursuit HD" will work for critics or "fans" who will play pretty much any NFS game that lets them rice up their vehicles. We hardcore fans will love it, but will EA be willing to do it just for that? They'll probably want to add something more. We'll see though.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

WTB NFS HP3 :D
Still rolling my eyes :roll:

Return to “NFS 2022”