Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, how do you feel about it?

2010 Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, how do you feel about it?

1 Excited
No votes
2 Not excited
No votes
3 Indifferent
No votes
19 I has a bukkit
100%

Total votes: 1

DMNBT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, how do you feel about it?

Post by DMNBT »

I'm not overly excited, but don't get me wrong. I'm excited to have info on the new NFS, but I never cared for the style of the game, but for the gameplay feel. Doesn't matter if it's tuners or exotics, my top 3 favorite NFS are HS, Ug1 and MW, and my bottom 3 are II, Ug2 and UC. I just hope this one is a fun one.
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

Kaerar wrote:. Having an uber car on each level kinda ruined the replay value as that was the car always chosen.
Exactly. I prefer when all cars ina each level are competitive yet behave different and have both prons and cons.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:Indifferent, quite honestly.

Because at this rate, I'm not 100% sure if going back to the roots is going to be the biggest breakthrough or mistake. But if it does suck, we'll always hear the moaning from retro fans for years to come.
Yeah, that's also correct. There's always gonna be dissatisfied people...
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Which is sad seeing as how there was going to THREE different games, all three of which appeal to one specific group of NFS fan.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LancerEvoFan0504 »

I'm really excited about this game it looks awesome.
OKIDrifter
Ricer
Ricer

Post by OKIDrifter »

Ummm I dont know I was kinda excited about it I might still get it But If there is absolutely no customization then its a negative and I wont puchase it rent at lease but Its a requirement for me and alot of gamers to get customization....Dont get me wrong I love the Original Hot pursuit game BUT I was hihgly bothered that I was basically driving an ordinary car.....I love and require my Vehicle in the game to be different so it reflects the personality of the driver Driving it. Plus with bland looking cars it just takes the thrills out of it. I wish they would tke the time to get LISCENSED body kits and spoilers instead of the Gaudy EA Bodykits and spoilers. I Play Test Drive Unlimited and I love that game but for different reasons and it offers limited customization....I guess my main point is LET THE DAMN PLAYER DECIDE!!!!! You dont have to put a bodykit on your car FREAKING FINE, but let us players who do want our car to look different instead of blend in with the crowd have our Customization...just my two bits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

OKIDrifter wrote:You dont have to put a bodykit on your car FREAKING FINE, but let us players who do want our car to look different instead of blend in with the crowd have our Customization...just my two bits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=D>
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

i know the game is based around exotic cars, but those can be tuned also. Not JDM or Rice but there is exotic tuning compannies like this http://www.edo-competition.de/de/
Instagram @SupraHKS
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

All the vids/screens they showed up bring up good memories, from previous NFS games. Would be nice, for the game, to bring back what we, NFS players, had with previous games, when the canyons/forests vibrated with the roar of exotic car engines, amazing landscapes and intense gameplay. I hope to get those back, with some extra features, since we're in a continuous world improvement, that "be the cop" mode sure is something.
Carlist also looks promising, looks like we're getting rid of the car class mismatch - Evo vs Veyron for example - or other examples. They should stick to exotic cars only, since thank God, there are plenty to choose of. Still it's quite soon to talk about carlist.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Danyutz wrote:All the vids/screens they showed up bring up good memories, from previous NFS games. Would be nice, for the game, to bring back what we, NFS players, had with previous games, when the canyons/forests vibrated with the roar of exotic car engines, amazing landscapes and intense gameplay.
You may want to check the following video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5phrGZDaM8

I can't believe the photorealistic environment, I'm still in shock tbh =D>
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

xturbo wrote:
Danyutz wrote:All the vids/screens they showed up bring up good memories, from previous NFS games. Would be nice, for the game, to bring back what we, NFS players, had with previous games, when the canyons/forests vibrated with the roar of exotic car engines, amazing landscapes and intense gameplay.

looks like criterion has aimed at a TDU styled world, it looks like the pursuit is taking place on a pre made course that only goes one way until he reaches that intersection, then there is a blocked offroad that goes for miles (exageration maybe)

The physics look like theyve been pulled outta BP, my hint is how the drifts are initiated, tap the brakes and slide, they just dont last as long as BP and need more control. Criterion may have pulled an EA move by using those physics again, but i dont know if thats necesarilly a bad thing, sounds some people would like the game to actually have the same physics as BP (for those that dont know, BP is burnout paradise, not british petroleum lol :lol: )
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Because at this rate, I'm not 100% sure if going back to the roots is going to be the biggest breakthrough or mistake. But if it does suck, we'll always hear the moaning from retro fans for years to come.
Damn, now that i think of it...im afraid now.
To be honest, i was tired of all the "Bring back the roots" moaning long time ago. It got boring after reading for 1000th time "It would be cool if they made a Hot Pursuit 3"
But lets look at the good side. Maybe while we will play HP, there will be no moaning about Underground 3 or something because of NFSWorld...50% of trouble will be away :lol:
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

1000th? Damn. You must have more tolerance for that whiny boy crap than I do, because I got sick of hearing it around the sixteenth.

About the UG3 thing, it would be the exact opposite if this were UG3 developed. Come to think of it, that situation would have been worse as we still get the "return to the roots" retard campaign and I would have lost it then.

Main Idea: Whining is whining and it should be condemned on both sides. The modern fanboys have to realize that they can't always have it their way (same applies for the major retro junkies, really). As for the retro junkies, grow up and realize that nothing can stay the same forever. The m-f*ing franchise has to change at some point (same thing with Sega when they created the Sonic Adventure series). Quite honestly, I think that the franchise would have descended quicker had every game after HP2 remained the same, which is why I also think EA should have done the "one game for a different kind of racer" deal ages ago. Maybe then we wouldn't have to deal with the modern begging for a UG3 and the retro protesting NFS over the internet like the conservative Tea Party movement. All we would do is play the NFS games we have interest in and everyone would be happy, I guess.

P.S. Stop saying that the newer NFS games are just about riced-up Hondas because they're not that at all. Seriously, only 4 games in the series have them and 2 are track-based "sims". And also, quit complaining about people tuning exotics. It happens ALL the time. They're called "race cars"; ever heard of them? Besides that, it is not even mandatory to have them tuned. You can keep the car clean all you want. That's fine and dandy, but don't get upset if I want to do it.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

xturbo wrote:

Haven't seen that before, that truly is amazing.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:1000th? Damn. You must have more tolerance for that whiny boy crap than I do, because I got sick of hearing it around the sixteenth.

About the UG3 thing, it would be the exact opposite if this were UG3 developed. Come to think of it, that situation would have been worse as we still get the "return to the roots" retard campaign and I would have lost it then.

Main Idea: Whining is whining and it should be condemned on both sides. The modern fanboys have to realize that they can't always have it their way (same applies for the major retro junkies, really). As for the retro junkies, grow up and realize that nothing can stay the same forever. The m-f*ing franchise has to change at some point (same thing with Sega when they created the Sonic Adventure series). Quite honestly, I think that the franchise would have descended quicker had every game after HP2 remained the same, which is why I also think EA should have done the "one game for a different kind of racer" deal ages ago. Maybe then we wouldn't have to deal with the modern begging for a UG3 and the retro protesting NFS over the internet like the conservative Tea Party movement. All we would do is play the NFS games we have interest in and everyone would be happy, I guess.

P.S. Stop saying that the newer NFS games are just about riced-up Hondas because they're not that at all. Seriously, only 4 games in the series have them and 2 are track-based "sims". And also, quit complaining about people tuning exotics. It happens ALL the time. They're called "race cars"; ever heard of them? Besides that, it is not even mandatory to have them tuned. You can keep the car clean all you want. That's fine and dandy, but don't get upset if I want to do it.
+1, I Don't understand why the only thing people remember from Underground and later tuning games is riced Hondas.
Oh and ...Sega and Nintendo and all that have failed me. Sonic was cool until they started thinking of all those weird variations, then same happened to Mario. Won't even explain how much Ubisoft messed up Rayman. it was good till 3...
I feel like most franchises from my childhood already are changed into 100% casual minigames or are going to be changed into that.

Anyway, do you think cops will have access to every car in the game or will they only have some of the cars as pursuit versions?
OKIDrifter
Ricer
Ricer

Post by OKIDrifter »

Plus since there will be tuners in the game I think it would be a requirement....I HAVE to tune TUners I do not Rice my cars however since the definition of a Ricer IMO is a car that is visually modded but no damn Performnce mods....I believe they will put it in though once they see the response to it. When it comes to exotics I like Tasteful Customization same goes to Muscle cars......Plus I think they should add in the Crown Victoria since its the quidesential cop car
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

ElvenAvenger wrote: +1, I Don't understand why the only thing people remember from Underground and later tuning games is riced Hondas.

Anyway, do you think cops will have access to every car in the game or will they only have some of the cars as pursuit versions?
Selective hearing, Elven. Selective hearing.

Cops probably would have access to all cars, just can't drive anything but cop cars, though. As far as career goes, anyway.
Last edited by KammyworldRacerGT4 on 05 Jul 2010, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote: Stop saying that the newer NFS games are just about riced-up Hondas because they're not that at all. Seriously, only 4 games in the series have them and 2 are track-based "sims".
ElvenAvenger wrote: +1, I Don't understand why the only thing people remember from Underground and later tuning games is riced Hondas.
Moreover, no game with cops has Hondas...
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Like I said, it's purely selective criticism (don't even know why I said hearing in the first place).

I understand most of the criticism surrounding the franchise, but that argument is invalid before it even reaches word of mouth.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

ElvenAvenger wrote:
But lets look at the good side. Maybe while we will play HP, there will be no moaning about Underground 3 or something because of NFSWorld...50% of trouble will be away :lol:
Most people won't play NFS World because of the starter pack controversy and the excitement over the whole "OMG RETRO IS BACK" thing concerning NFS HP. World is bound to meet the same fate as Motor City Online.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

1) Having a baby over a $20 starter pack that you only have to pay ONCE, and
2) Wetting panties excessively over the new Hot Pursuit simply because it strays away from the F&F tuner culture they despise so much and goes back to old times (even if, by some chance, others wanted UG3 more - I'm not going to outright claim that the fanbase wanted UG3 more; I haven't even lurked over to needforspeed.com to find out)...

...gives a clear indication that our fanbase is just as insatiable as the StH fanbase, and then we can officially claim ourselves screwed. YAY, NEED FOR SPEED FANDOM. :D Anyone not in the Need for Speed fandom, pat yourselves on the back for being lucky because the only thing worse than Star Wars kiddies are grown men hating on one car class.

*Quintuple Facepalm*
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

LOL now that's a post and a half there KammyWRGT4 (your name is too long :p ).

TBH I'm not looking forward to World much any more. Played in the beta. Had pings in excess of 500 (US servers and Aussie connection). Game was unplayable to be quite honest. You would need to be in a less that 80 ping zone to have good close racing and then it's a bit of the worst elements of MW and Carbon's handling for the cars anyway. Thing is I love tuning the cars. Upgrading the parts and making cars that look like race cars or tastefully modded road racers/GT. Most kiddies are primary colour loons who have no idea so I don't care about what they do but they are having fun anyway.

Now onto HP, there's a lot that's promising and a few things that are worrying. First up the worrying. Why are cops indestructible and racers get beaten down hard? Why are they portraying the cops as super unbreakable machines? It makes no sense. If you are the cop you should take damage like the runner. If you do too many stupid things you crash and have to take over another cop car to continue the pursuit. That would be much more fun than having a Reventon that can destroy anything by looking at it.
The second worrying thing is the lack of customisation. As I said earlier it's a part of the games that I actually like. Why totally remove it for HP, ah that's right it's cos it's the Burnout Paradise engine and has nothing to do with previous NFS games. Therefore they would have to make all the bodykits and rims...
Lazy BASTARDS.

Onto the good though. The engine looks solid and playable unlike most recent NFS games. The cars looks stunning and the scenery believable. So far it's looking good, lets see if it delivers on it's promises.

EDIT: Kammy at least there won't be an UC2 whiners. World is not = UG3. It's a bit pants. Still waiting on a proper sequel ;)
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

OKIDrifter wrote:I wish they would tke the time to get LISCENSED body kits and spoilers instead of the Gaudy EA Bodykits and spoilers. I Play Test Drive Unlimited and I love that game but for different reasons and it offers limited customization....I guess my main point is LET THE DAMN PLAYER DECIDE!!!!! You dont have to put a bodykit on your car FREAKING FINE, but let us players who do want our car to look different instead of blend in with the crowd have our Customization
I've always pushed for this idea, real licensed body kits would be awesome. The bodykits available in previous games were just downright atrocious, wide-bodies especially.

I don't mind the fact that there will be no customization, but tuning the parameters of the car, i.e. ride height or suspension stiffness, should be in.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

I loved the creativity of the UG series imaginary bodykits. I think a lot of other people did too. But that really isn't suitable unless they were to be making UG3, in which case real life BK's would be a nice addition.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

I see no problem with (most) the WBKs used in the previous games. It's really just a matter of taste.

Return to “Hot Pursuit”