eating my words/ Preemptive review

2010 Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
OKIDrifter
Ricer
Ricer

eating my words/ Preemptive review

Post by OKIDrifter »

ALright recently Fired up the Ps3 and downloaded the HP demo not expecting much, but from the time I started off the first cop race I was hooked yes its fun and yes I may be getting it. Grraphics were awesome smooth with little to no framerate issues, cars were beautifully detailed and very realistic, handling on the cars was accurate and believable as well as the acceleration. Gameplay was highly addictive and entertaining because there is nothing like htting a Racers RX-8 at 150 mph in your Bad ass 370Z interceptor and watching him flip turning their car into a beautiful wreck. replay is yet to be determined so when i get the full game i will let you know asap but since I have Basic Law Enforcement Training I dont know when that will be so keep in tune

Graphics 5/5
Sound 5/5
Fun Factor 4/5
Gameplay 4/5

Gmaeplay and funfactor took a hit because NO CUSTOMIZATION I NEED IT IN A RACING GAME SO PUT IT IN THE NEXT INCARNATION I HATE PLAIN UN CUSTOMZED CARS AS do a great majority of your fans!

Overall score= 4/5 I hate to admit it but I loved this gamem and wil be getting it despite its MAJOR AND UNFORGIVING DRAWBACK OF NO CUSTOMIZATION
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: eating my words/ Preemptive review

Post by ianism »

lol i agree, but i'm sure you'll survive. personally, i'd much rather have a carlist of this calibre than customization. but then i'm an oldschool NFS fan :P
too bad i have nothing to play this on... boooo
i have nothing more to add
OKIDrifter
Ricer
Ricer

Post by OKIDrifter »

Hahaha I will its addictive but Im gonna rent it first then buy it just to be safe and its just a personal preference
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

yo i love the fact that these cars (except for the very few japanese cars) can't be customized. i think its pointless and i don't want to see a bunch of ugly cars on the streets of the game. i'd agree this is definitely the most fun i've had with an nfs game for years in just a demo, i'm getting it
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

Yay for no ricing in Hot Pursuit!
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

@OKIDrifter: Since the beginning that everyone knew this game wouldn't have tuning. :D

I agree 100% with this decision, these cars aren't meant to be modified (except a few of them). Spoiling the map and the cars with pink Zondas with a huge spoiler and a horrible bodykit... no thanks. #-o

The only "tuning" I would like to see was official parts from each maker. For example, if a certain car has three types of wheels, you could choose which ones you wanted, along with exterior painting (again, company-only colors) and also interior colors. Pretty much like in Test Drive Unlimited.

I think we can only change the color in Hot Pursuit, but only from a set of colors, like in Hot Pursuit 2. That's nice. =D>
OKIDrifter
Ricer
Ricer

Post by OKIDrifter »

I wish they put Real and tasteful Bodykits for the cars with the option to change the rims and color of the car as well as decent vinyls, but oh well. I may be getting it regardless just because I loved the gameplay YES I ATE MY WORDS. Plus all of the cool Police cars for me to wreck people with. I am going through Law Enforcement Training and I wish real Police cars were some of those exotics especially the GTR 35!!!
drifterzzz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drifterzzz »

for me if they want to put bodykit or vinyl ,just make tuner one like nismo,c-west,brabus,etc.. not those like underground .. ricer as hell.. thats will be ok.. simple n promising for me.. :mrgreen:
OKIDrifter
Ricer
Ricer

Post by OKIDrifter »

I hated the EA bodykits I want my real bodykits. I would have loved to seen this game with them but oh well. Hopefully the next one has customization with real bodykits and spoilers for the cars.

Return to “Hot Pursuit”