Just want to talk? Come here.

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Just want to talk? Come here.

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Pabl0z wrote:24 is on the border of old?
Damn, I guess I crossed the border. :cry:
Jeez Pabz, take it easy now.. are you aware you've made three posts in the same day?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I was young when I started this site 11 years ago. I can't still be young after all that time...
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

GT3x24x7 wrote: Jeez Pabz, take it easy now.. are you aware you've made three posts in the same day?
I'll get me coat..

(here's a video if you don't get the reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3OM2MA1pic ) :)
lol wut
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Oh well, I get what you said there......just saying.....no need to irony the thing.
Murcie_LP640
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Murcie_LP640 »

My Skyline's already been through hell and back and now some drunk bastard thought it would be fun to put a boot straight through my window...while I was in it at a set of traffic lights...

Unfortunately I can't post pictures to illustrate what I'm on about because of the new user spam thing...
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

You reached 3 posts, you should be able to now.
Murcie_LP640
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Murcie_LP640 »

There we go.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

I miss this place. :( I've had no internet for about a month. Well, no internet at the new old house I've moved into, and Telstra are too useless to figure out where the fault in the line is. On top of that, the entire ceiling of the family room came crashing down onto the floor last night... fortunately there were no dogs or people in the room at the time!

On a positive note; My plans to restore my '89 Celica is almost underway. Bought the donor car over in Brisbane, flew over there and drove it down to Sydney over four days, stuck it on the back of a train, flew back over to Perth, then picked it up at the Perth train station and drove it home. :P Fun trip, and I reckon it cost me about AUD$3000 in total (Car, fuel, accommodation, food, etc). I don't think that's too bad... kinda meh. But I've now got a kickass 3SGTE engine and some decent spare parts which I needed. It was a bloody fun car to drive, especially once the turbo kicks in at about 3000rpm (There is an awful lot of torque steer).
Murcie_LP640
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Murcie_LP640 »

My luck is getting worse. Subwoofer got stolen out of the Skyline last week.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

jacoja06 wrote:On a positive note; My plans to restore my '89 Celica is almost underway. Bought the donor car over in Brisbane, flew over there and drove it down to Sydney over four days, stuck it on the back of a train, flew back over to Perth, then picked it up at the Perth train station and drove it home. :P Fun trip, and I reckon it cost me about AUD$3000 in total (Car, fuel, accommodation, food, etc). I don't think that's too bad... kinda meh. But I've now got a kickass 3SGTE engine and some decent spare parts which I needed. It was a bloody fun car to drive, especially once the turbo kicks in at about 3000rpm (There is an awful lot of torque steer).
Siiiiiiiick. Which Gen motor is it (Gen1, 2 ,3??)?
And also, you're insanely crazy for going that far to get a DONOR car! LOL

Sucks about the roof caving in though :o
Murcie_LP640 wrote:My luck is getting worse. Subwoofer got stolen out of the Skyline last week.
Man, was the sub in your boot? Did they seriously break into the BOOT and take it? That's some freakin' dedication.
Maybe bolt it down next time :!:
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Ok, so a few weeks ago I went down to Calder Park with some friends and workmates. We took my blue MR2, and a couple of STi Imprezas.

Finally got my hands on the videos, so here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kglkfqBBNwY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q06QpeC11iQ

I made 4 passes in total, none of them very good though. I really need some stickier rubber...

In the first vid I was gettting more wheelspin than usual but then it suddenly hooked up and I ran into the rev limiter, which is why my 1st-to-2nd shift looks stupidly slow. Need to practice my shifting a bit more.
Murcie_LP640
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Murcie_LP640 »

boganbusman wrote:Man, was the sub in your boot? Did they seriously break into the BOOT and take it? That's some freakin' dedication.
Maybe bolt it down next time :!:
Yeah they broke into the boot and nicked it...I'm getting the ever-present feeling that it may have been someone that knew I had it in there or someone from work because unless you hear it pumping there's no possible way anyone could have known. Unfortunately because Maccas makes us park in the oval across from the store, there's no CCTV footage and whatnot of the incident. It would have happened in the wee hours of the morning while it was still dark; I started at 5am on the day it was stolen and it was gone when I finished at 11:30am.
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

boganbusman wrote:Ok, so a few weeks ago I went down to Calder Park with some friends and workmates. We took my blue MR2, and a couple of STi Imprezas.

Finally got my hands on the videos, so here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kglkfqBBNwY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q06QpeC11iQ
That is f-ing awesome. Haven't paid attention to your project ever since it was still in the garage, goes pretty well and looks amazing. Congrats!

I'm still driving my Renault 5... tough little guy, just won't die on me... Made a video of a relatively cold start this winter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzt_QCyQTeI
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Hah, that thing is still going! I remember you asking me about rebuilding the engine, are you still going to do that?
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Yeah it's still going xD

Haven't touched the engine unit still... Guess I'm waiting for it to die or something so I can get something newer that fits on the original mounts, have some sweet Volvo (440/460/480) engines to choose from and they kept producing the Renault until '96, when they introduced some electronic injection 1.4 engines and such... When you put the local prices for engine rebuild and getting an used engine, shafts etc. it's a better solution to just get a different engine, and invest in any necessary rebuilding of that particular engine...But I guess you already know that :mrgreen:

The info you gave me is saved on my PC, can't remember if I thanked you for that, anyway, thanks again. It's kind of priceless, you know. People are really cheap here, very few of them will share their knowledge.
Murcie_LP640
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Murcie_LP640 »

:D
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Hurr hurr hurrrr

I have some of these coming my way from the UK (they are made in Japan, though) :shrug:

audio-technica ATH-W1000X :D :D
Murcie_LP640
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Murcie_LP640 »

I was looking at a set of Audio Technicas for the same original price but the guy at Harvey Norman knocked 15% off the Sennheisers and I'm stoked with that.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

Hooooowdy. Lets hope NFS makes a turn around for the best so this site can go back to normal and i can visit everyday like old times :mrgreen:
Murcie_LP640
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Murcie_LP640 »

Picked up my first DSLR ever:

jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Wow, bogan... your MR2 is looking pretty damn quick! You did a great job on making the engine awesome. :mrgreen: Very impressive stuff.

And yep, the engine I have is a Gen 1 3SGTE. Less reliable and not as quick... but it's still good.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

jacoja06 wrote:Wow, bogan... your MR2 is looking pretty damn quick! You did a great job on making the engine awesome. :mrgreen: Very impressive stuff.
Cheers :) Still has some ways to go, but it's getting there.
jacoja06 wrote:And yep, the engine I have is a Gen 1 3SGTE. Less reliable and not as quick... but it's still good.
Yeah . . . but if you want more power, don't bother trying to mod the Gen1. Start with the Gen3 onwards or it's just a waste of time.

Once you get addicted to boost, it's hard to turn back :twisted:
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

boganbusman wrote: Cheers :) Still has some ways to go, but it's getting there.
...Getting there? What the hell do you plan on doing to it next? :o
boganbusman wrote:Yeah . . . but if you want more power, don't bother trying to mod the Gen1. Start with the Gen3 onwards or it's just a waste of time.
The 3SGTE has already been slightly modified by the previous owner (though only small gains of about 10hp). Maybe when this engine reaches the end of its life I'll consider more power, but I'm really quite happy with performance at the moment (It torque-steers quite badly at full throttle).
boganbusman wrote:Once you get addicted to boost, it's hard to turn back :twisted:
You're a frikkin maniac.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

jacoja06 wrote:...Getting there? What the hell do you plan on doing to it next? :o
Ah, just some finishing touches.

It still needs some time on a dyno to get tuned properly.
Then it's off to the fabrication shop for a roll bar and a custom seat rail for my Kirkey race seat (which has been sitting in my bedroom for the past year or so). I will get them to fit a harness too.
The shockers need rebuilding and revalving.
Also looking for new wheels and tyres, something wider than what I have now.

... and there is still more stuff, but these are the main things I want to get done before the MR2 Nationals in October.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

20,000th post in this thread. :O

Damn, I'd actually forgotten about this place. No bueno. Not much activity for how long I've been gone; how depressing. :/

Return to “General Discussion”