Underground 2 Demo Review

Need for Speed Underground 2 News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

^^^^ his tittle fits him.....
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

YES! I am a street car fanatic. :)
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

No he meant RICER. And Stig is right.

Why the hell would you waste money on lambo doors for a civic? When you get older your realize what a waste it was and how you could have used that money for better things.
MR200SX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MR200SX »

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EMAIL ME AND TELL ME WHEN THE DEMO WILL BE COMING OUT TO DOWNLOAD..I AM DIENG TO PLAY THIS GAME.. MY EMAIL IS qup4stud@hotmail.com BI FOR NOW TALK T0O USE ALL S0ON
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

How much does Lambo doors cost usually?
sKyLiNeR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sKyLiNeR »

when its coming out?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Somewhere in October I think... Same as last year.
yaya
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yaya »

Hey everybody, i am very excited today cuz i just recieved my ps2 demo of nfsu2 in the mail today, i just played for about a hour and i have a few comments to make about the demo: sp3ak gave a great review but if i may i would like to add a few things. the first i must say though is that this game is HARD, ecsp outrun races, the game seems hard to me mainly because of the new feel of the car. it seems alot heavier and is hard to make turns at a high speed without drastically slowing down, graphics are great but can sometimes be choppy, and loads times are painfully long, but other than that the game is great, ive discovered a few secert shops already and one in particular had something special in it, hydraulics. tahts right. though i couldnt access this shop yet it gave a quick run down of what there is for showcasing your car steros, spinners, etc. i must say this game is really fun but still no replay as of yet damnit, though another cool thing that i liked is that you can pose your car in the postion you want when taking photos for magazine covers, well thats all i can think of now, i just wanted to add my thoughts on it
nightrider
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nightrider »

Is it just me or is this game turning more into a ricer than a racer! HYDRAULICS!! Wat is EA thinking! But still, i don't have to use them if I don't want to. First I have a few questions?

Where was the shop you found wit hydraulics?

And i thought that EA said there wouldn't be any loading time?
yaya
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yaya »

the hydraulics were in the audio shop, the audio shops are called 'showcase shops' in the game and seem to serve the purpose of well.... showcasing your ride, and as far as load time, i think EA meant that there will be no load time when you switch from each of the 5 districts, but that seems about it. whenever i went to a shop, race, or restart race there was plenty of load time, but also keep in mind that this is a demo, neither the less a PS2 demo, im guessing load times would vary on a computer depending on its performance
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

I hope so yaya :D
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

I don't have the time to sit down and look for new things in the demo. And your skills at NFS must not be up to par because it really isn't that hard. The only thing that's hard is learning the map. For me it was harder only because I was playing on a PS2. All I've ever used was the PC w/ keyboard. The outrun races are fun but I just liked to f*** around with the other cars, so it really wasn't that much of a challenge.

I was told that the other districts or areas were open in the demo, now I haven't had a chance to play again since I was told this but did you find that the entire map was unlocked? I only had the one central district, two races(circuit, shortrack), and outrun mode. A few of the main shops, and I never bothered poking around for the secret shops.
yaya
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yaya »

one district is open, the rest is blocked off, there are 2 secert shops (performance and showcase which are both closed in the demo but provide info of whats to come on the finished game) 2 races (circuit and shortrack) and one car (evo with 4 different variations)
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

Exactly what I thought. Seems I was lied too. But I can't bite the hand that feeds me(get mad at the person that gave me the demo).

And actually there's 4 premade Evo's(5 including stock), with like 8 color choices :)
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

They can't put everything in a demo what we wana see
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

Can't wait for the pc demo release and yeah they really couldn't put everything in demo, cuz then It wouldn't be one. They gotta leave stuff you'll wanna try out.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Then they had to put the new mode's in it not that circuit we know that already
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

No, they could prolly put in one of the new modes, cuz if it ends up that u don't like it then u won't buy it and thats a loss, but if they leave it out u gotta buy it ta try it out, get the gist, all marketting strategy
Sparks_101
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sparks_101 »

Sorry about it I was gone and trying to keep up. But anyways why would anyone want damagw say you are driving lets go the evolution 8 and your car is all messed up from a race adn you have to race with it like that cuz you don't have the money to fix it, or maybe you have to go and waste money cuz your like me adn have a obsession for hotting the walss adn never really have the money to buy a cool spoiler cause well like I said I am usally a wall hugger so if there is damage I guess I wont have much of a tuner left to race online. Well still just who wan't damage I would rather not. :? Still looks like a fun game and I defenatly think it's gonna do better then juice is just I heard something about haveing a Hummer in it with that review with Brooke whats her name and tell me they said they were gonna have something that you can afford adn custimize the heck outta and i doubt that most people can afford a hummer! Well I hope they don't add luxury cars adn a hummer to the game soz but that isn't tuner. Tuner is the fun of taking a affordable car adn macking it fun and cool.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Everything that you have mentioned points out to one word: REALITY

Return to “News”