what happened to NFSPU 3d Engine??????

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
glitz101
Stock
Stock

what happened to NFSPU 3d Engine??????

Post by glitz101 »

I would like to know some inputs on what really happened to NFS PU 3d engine and physics.... i really love the ride and realism of this engine plus the car detailing..... not like the engine used by NFS HS2 and NFS U... that has more arcade style of rendering.... and lacks the dash view..... it really sucks.... video cards are getting far more advance these days, 3d engine should too!, even geforce 2 can produce good graphics out of NFS PU 3D engine compared to NFS HP2 and U powered by latest video cards.....

i hope that need for speed 8 will have good 3d Engine and physics that will maximize my FX5900... 8)
ac3shi6h
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ac3shi6h »

I think you have the wrong idea about the 3d engine. THe 3d engine allows the programmer to use the best graphics for what he wants to do. It's nothing else but a programmable piece of software.

The graphics engine for NFSHP2 and NFSU is far superiour to NFSPU, but the reason why we all think it look more ARCADY is pure down to the programmers and producers of the game. They just applied it more to an arcade style. That's the reason why we dont have replays and dashboard view and more of the goodies like we had in NFSPU.

I hope this clears something up for you.. Its not the engine it's the way they programmed it. Thats why I think it shouldn't be too hard too code that stuff in. But if you want a dashboard view, you need to render the inside of the car. IF they did that, which would be so kewl, then we probably wanted to be able to customize it.... so I think that is the main reason for it not being in there...

do I make sense??

gr33tz
hondaforever
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

too bad

Post by hondaforever »

it really was too bad EA adbandoned NFSPU's good driving realism... i love that game. NFSU has awesome handling realism next to NFSHP2 but still, that game was a piece of s**t, so... ea should stress the simulation more than the arcade, PU's great dashboard view was excellent too. Also, i think in NFSU that when u unlock all of the tracks, there should be a bonus track that lets u drive thru ther whole city in between tracks, like midnight club II so u can go ne where.. that wouyld be cool
jambo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by jambo »

I currently own NFS 2SE, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 and I think that PU has the best physics and graphics of all of the games. Sure, Underground and Hot Pursuit 2 look better, but that doesnt mean that PU is a worse game. It is the most realistic of all of the Need for Speeds, and before underground, was my favourite. The big open tracks and the great opposition AI, the huge range of porsches and the great dashboards they had. Finally, I think that EA should return the Need for Speed games to the simulation side of racing.
ac3shi6h
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ac3shi6h »

The reason they HAD to make PU that way, is because of the License agreement between Porsche and EA.. Porsche demanded it
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Bless Porsche then. The is a good baran, not like japanese, "Ohhh.... Don't damage our cars, baaad, baaaaaaaad" (read with sacared granny tone).
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

I like PU too....If it had and other cars than porsches it would be the best NFS.... It certainly is the most realistic of all...It's too bad that NFS slowly becomes more arcade-like.. :(
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

NFS PU is the best of series. If EA would have released it NOW - meaning today's great graphix of NFS U - it would have been the best ever. I still play NFS PU (got also 6 and 7).
The handling was good on NFS PU - so was the depth of play....
glitz101
Stock
Stock

Post by glitz101 »

the way i see it.... nfshp2 and nfsu are based on most gaming consoles like ps2 and xbox... maybe it has something to do with development cost... they are trying to have similar programming on different platforms including pc... i know that there's nfspu for playstation but it is way far different from pc version.. one thing i observed was most of racing games for consoles do not have dash view so i reckoned nfshua nd nfshp2 are based from consoles..... one more thing! pc platform has higher rate of piracy than consoles so why bother wasting another program development for pc platform.. just make one program for all platform instead... wise huh!

colin mcrae 3 rocks! 8)

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”