Thanksgiving message (everyone should read it) . . .

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Thanksgiving message (everyone should read it) . . .

Post by boganbusman »

Although I am a strong athiast, here is a message for all of you who participate in Thanksiving (and also for those who don't). After you read this, I hope that you realise what you can do to make the world a better place . . .

From If the World Were a Village
If we should shrink the earth's population to a village of precisely 100 people, with all the existing human ratios reamaning the same, it would look something like the following: There would be 57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 from the Western Hemisphere, both North and South. 8 would Africans, 52 would be females, 28 would be male.

70 would be non-white, 30 would be white. 70 would be non-Christian, 30 would be Christian. 89 would be heterosexual, 11 would be homosexual. 6 people would posses 59% of the world's weath and all 6 would be from the US. 80 would live in substandard houseing. 70 would be unable to read. 50 would suffer from malnutrition, 1 would be near death, and 1 would be near birth.

1 would have a college education. 1 would own a computer.

When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the need for acceptance, understand and education becomes glaringly apparrent.

Therefore, if you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, and a roof over you head and a place to sleep, YOU are richer than 75% of the world.

If you woke this morning with more heath health than illness, YOU are more blessed than the MILLION who will not survive this week.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace, you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death, you are more blessed than THREE BILLION people in the world.

If you have never experianced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pains of starvation, you are luckyer than 500 million people in the world.

If your parents are still alive and still married, you are very rare, even in the US.

If you can hold someones hand and hug them, or even touch them on the shoulder, you are blessed because you can offer the healing touch.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face, and are truly thankful, you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

If you can read this message, you have just recieved a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you and furthermore, you are blessed than over 2 BILLION ppl in the world who cannot read at all.

As you read this and are minded how life is in the rest of the world, remember just how blessed you really are!

Well, tell me what you think about it. I hope everyone there has a great Thanksgiving.
f360spyda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by f360spyda »

ur message was good, but i think the idea of Thanksgiving itself is bull****

why do we need to set aside a special day just to give thanks to the things we already take for granted? we should do it every day, and i kno at least some ppl do

and heres a random message for bush haters

I'm sorry.
I'm sorry to the citizens of Iraq, Syria, and Iran.
After four years, we will have killed your people for no real cause.
I'm sorry to the citizens of England, Germany, and France.
We will continue to alienate you and the rest of the world.
I'm sorry to our men and women in the armed forces.
You will have your tours extended and you will die, and for what?
I'm sorry to minorities. Your cause for equality is being ignored.
I'm sorry to women. The wage gap is only going to rise these next four years.
I'm sorry to homosexuals. Your love is not the same as heterosexual love.
And finally
I'm sorry to my children.
You will inherit a supreme court that does not believe in human rights,
A deficit that you will have to pay for,
And an environment destroyed by man

What A Great Country We Live in...
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

f360spyda wrote:ur message was good, but i think the idea of Thanksgiving itself is bull****

why do we need to set aside a special day just to give thanks to the things we already take for granted? we should do it every day, and i kno at least some ppl do
That is why I posted it. I was attempting to give it some sort of meaning, so that people can appreciate what they've got, instead of whinging all the time.

Your message was good too.
flatblacksleeper
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flatblacksleeper »

I think thanksgiving is a great idea, we (humans, people) are always seeming to be too busy, we have work, school, and such. We (americans) often overlook the great things oftehn have. After working for my second job for a year (im 18, target for a 1 1/2 and now this company 1 and somehting years) i work evereyda exept for sundays 7 hours. I realize how busy we are and i rarely eat a meal with my family so i think its a great break
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

52 would be female and 28 would be male ? The other 20 are aliens ? Mutants ?
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

lol sorry it's 48.

Return to “General Discussion”