Dyno tuning Guide

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Dyno tuning Guide

Post by hansip87 »

Hi, there..
I wanna ask sometin, Can anybody explain to me how to get the most of your car in Dyno Tuning? Sorry if it's too much for you. But I'm not even sure how to set the suspension setting correctly. Please somebody help?
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Maybe you should scroll down the page before you start a new topic ;)

http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=4176
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hansip87 »

Well, From what I see is, The guide is too simple.. I want the complete one if somebody can help me... thx btw for your info...
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hansip87 »

Welll.. I mean simple is just a word.. Maybe if somebody can submit an image to explain one part of tuning it would be much helpful to understand than read the whole text..
Moosehead115
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Moosehead115 »

simple for circuit and URL racing

Set all your suspension to Hardest settings.
Lower all the way
Steering at the highest ratio.

i'd suggest just leave everything else alone if you arent willing to learn, or read.
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by The Flying Dragon »

i only do ECU and turbo tuning..the rest are useless and its jsut there to impress us =) i take my time adjusting the ECU cos u need to kno what you are doing to your car...only know how to get most of your car in the ECU and Turbo..hehe....suspension i jst lower it with all i can..and..thats it
Moosehead115
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Moosehead115 »

Really dragon? Cuz to me tuned vs. untuned is like night and day for handling.
To me the ECU/Turbo is whats there to just impress us.... the only thing worth doing there is putting every last ounce of power as high as you can put it, on launch (manual) i launch in the middle of the power band, and never leave it, and i dont fall out of it the rest of the race.
teKnoise
Ricer
Ricer

Post by teKnoise »

After reading jus about all the tuning threads in this forum i still dont understand 1 part of it for tuning... =\
Pics would be easier for me, if not im just gonna have to mess on with the settings and figure out the hardware lol
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

All ECU and Turbo do are shuffle the power around to different RPM ranges, and unless you feel that the car's not making power in the right place (ie, the car redlines at 5k RPM and just runs out of power) you don't really touch either. Another important but overlooked option are the gear ratios, which you can change if you want more top speed or acceleration. Suspension's a bit more involved than maxing everything and hoping for the best, and if that's all you're doing then you're missing a lot of the performance that you could be getting from the car (and you'll get annoying stuff like oversteer and understeer way too frequently).
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hansip87 »

Ok.. then.. thanks for that.. Two more thing that i wanna ask, Is it ok to set the suspension to the hardest and lowest on Drift racing? Or the opposite? Second, this time i still use every part at Level 1(I have no time to play rite now), My car is 240SX. Should I set the ECU for max torque on the low RPM for drift? From what I have seen, The best rpm of this 240SX is at 5000-7000 RPM. Should I optimize the ECU for this part or max out the lower RPM for drift?
Moosehead115
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Moosehead115 »

generally i always set it for the highest RPM (power). you might get a little low end accelleration, but having high end power helps when you are spinning the tires and want to keep spinning.

For drift, set your rear tire grip to the least possible setting, you can also experiment setting the rear suspensions to very soft settings, try the swaybar and shocks. this will help you have the rear end slide, without losing steering ability.
senzr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by senzr »

For drift, if you set the ECU and turbo to kick in in the midrange RPM, your power will arrive earlier and your tires will break traction to start drifting sooner, even when your car's stationary.

You'll lose overall horsepower in the top end, but that's not what drifting's about anyway.

In drift mode, if you leave it to the standard ECU and turbo map, I find that the engine gets bogged down in the lower RPM and it takes longer to get the car moving from a standstill.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

The Flying Dragon wrote:i only do ECU and turbo tuning..the rest are useless and its jsut there to impress us =) i take my time adjusting the ECU cos u need to kno what you are doing to your car...only know how to get most of your car in the ECU and Turbo..hehe....suspension i jst lower it with all i can..and..thats it
Useless? I recommend stiff front suspension and soft rear.
Maxed out generally tends to do the trick, -35 brake balance, lowest rear grip and maxed out front grip.
Then max downforce at front and no rear downforce.
Then the steering response to full.
Tune the dyno power for the high RPM's then hit the track.
Generally this type of tuning will demand the most of your driving technique as the car will be oversteering in every corner.
So you must be prepared to apply countersteering in almost every corner.
But the good part is, you can turn a lot sharper.

Return to “Underground 2”