Game hang when play online button press

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground.
Be sure to search first!
mattin
Ricer
Ricer

Game hang when play online button press

Post by mattin »

Hi guys
After 3 days battle i finally patched nfs:u to 1.3 Without patch [on 1.1*** ver] when i pressed Play Online button in game nfs crashed and even ctrl alt del dont worked only reset :{
OK i patched as i said to 1.3 ....but still have same problem grrrrr .I suppose that its not by patch but have no idea what causes my game hang.Any idea ? I have 256 ram 1.5 GHz Athlon Radeon 9000Pro 128 MB win XP and directx 9.0
I finished game twice and wanna play online but cant :{ plz helm me badly
cuIntHaHEaVEn
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cuIntHaHEaVEn »

it's probably crashing cos of patch. same will be with nos, if u pressed it the screen will be black. wait for fixed patch and stay tuned :)
mattin
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mattin »

hmmm if it would by patch so why only i have that problem ?? As i see on all forums ppl have problems with patching but AFTER patching when they have 1.3 then they CAN PLAY but i STILL cant play ...even when i patched as many by online patcher :{
cuIntHaHEaVEn
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cuIntHaHEaVEn »

sorry mate but i have no clue. still thinkin it's something wrong with patch cos u got this problem since patch was installed.
mattin
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mattin »

NO !! u understand me wrong ...i wrote that it doesnt matter if i have 1.1 or 1.3 patch. ALWAYS game hang when want play online.....so if no matter which patch i suppose that it is not patch fault
cuIntHaHEaVEn
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cuIntHaHEaVEn »

i ain't read that all before, now i see. u didn't mention probably the most important thing. do u have an original version of nfsu? if so i really have no clue what's goin on and you stuck on it i guess.
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

I had the same problem twice - but it sort of went away. I noticed only one thing about thou - it only crashed when I go into the game and get straight to online - when I play a race or something, and then choose online play - it's fine. So try that... Althou I am not sure it will help.. How about reinstalling NFSU? Did you try that?
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

I have the same problem when I click on the online button, we'll just have to wait for a patch that actually fixes something right?
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

oh and get latest drivers on your comp, sound and video cards. that's important.
mattin
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mattin »

shiznit ...when i finnally won battle with this stupid patch now online playing is impossible to me :{.....but now i know that this IS NOT BY patch cos even on 1.1 ver game hang !!! i go to friend now and we'll check on his comp :)
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

hey, playing a game and then going online worked! thanx a lot :)
mattin
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mattin »

_I3ulNlouT_ wrote:hey, playing a game and then going online worked! thanx a lot :)
hehe how u finally fixed hang problem ?? i know now some new facts: i installed my nfs:u on my friends comp and....it works online there !!! soi problem is in my comp grrrrrrrr ....but what could be a problem ? net card ? connection ? i have DSL and im in LAN
TonicX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TonicX »

I had the same problem before; game crash/freeze when Play Online is clicked. I tried reinstalling the game 4-5 times, no luck. Finally I came up with a solution:
1. backup all save games,
2. uninstall the game,
3. delete all savegames (hope you did the backups),
4. patch the game,
5. run it and create a random profile in game,
6. quit the game and copy & paste & replace everything with your backup savegames
7. enjoy playing online again

hope this works for you
mattin
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mattin »

_I3ulNlouT_ wrote:hey, playing a game and then going online worked! thanx a lot :)
hehe how u finally fixed hang problem ?? i know now some new facts: i installed my nfs:u on my friends comp and....it works online there !!! soi problem is in my comp grrrrrrrr ....but what could be a problem ? net card ? connection ? i have DSL and im in LAN
TonicX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TonicX »

oops i forgot one step

after step 5, click Play Online then proceed with step 6
mattin
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mattin »

TonicX wrote:I had the same problem before; game crash/freeze when Play Online is clicked. I tried reinstalling the game 4-5 times, no luck. Finally I came up with a solution:
1. backup all save games,
2. uninstall the game,
3. delete all savegames (hope you did the backups),
4. patch the game,
5. run it and create a random profile in game,
6. quit the game and copy & paste & replace everything with your backup savegames
7. enjoy playing online again

hope this works for you

hmmm this solution is in mixed order :P look .... 2. uninstall the game ..3. delete all savegames (hope you did the backups),.......4. patch the game, <------- patch without installing nfs again ?? hehe ;)
btw this solution is like simpre reinstalling game with backuping saves so no matter
Last edited by mattin on 29 Dec 2003, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
TonicX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TonicX »

oops i forgot about installing the game too, should be before step 4. hehe
TonicX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TonicX »

well, did the my method work for you?
mattin
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mattin »

No doesnt work but i discovered interesting issue: when i plug off my cable from net card [ so i turn off net] and click on Play Online i get correct communicat that i havent inet connection :) hehe i discovered america :P ...but when i plug cable to card and click again game hang again. So ...i suppose that this is fault by net problem or net card ?? but i HAVENT any problems with other games online and surfing net too ...only with nfs:u
I have wireless card D-Link 520+ , i reinstall this card and still same problem :{ My friends play now and i can only single mode game :(
TonicX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TonicX »

do you have a software or hardware firewall on
mattin
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mattin »

not on my comp maybe ISP but other games works fine
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Are you using the latest drivers for your network card?
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

I did notice that after I played a game and then went back to click on Play online, my firewall reacted and asked me if speed.exe could use the web, I clicked yes and it worked, maybe it does have somethign to do with the firewall, or at least the connection.
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Yes, exactly, the firewall is probably the issue. I just remebered that the game hang the first time, than the second time it threw me into desktop and my ZoneAlarm asked me if i want the game to access NET. So I said Yeah, remebere my answer and it's all good ever since. So check that.
mattin
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mattin »

Hmm i asked my friend which can play without any problems about firewall. He use Outpost and even if he blocked speed.exe his game doesnt hang - only get message about connection but NO CRASH.Please if u have firewalls on urs comps block speed.exe access to net and try launch online. Game crash or not on ur comp ??

Return to “Help & Support”