problem with my new video card!

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
vilks*[LT][S+]
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

problem with my new video card!

Post by vilks*[LT][S+] »

i sold my radeon 9200 256mb and bought fx 5500 today...everything is workining normal,but then i install new grapich drivers,all games dont run,when game loads,pc craches and restarting,when trying to run 3dmark 2001,works only first test,on the second my pc restarts

sorry 4 my band english :oops:
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

roll back to the previous versions of drivers. i heard that the nvidia 61 drivers werent that good
ghost_4ce
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ghost_4ce »

Obviously the driver updae screwd it up. Delete old drivers COMPLETELY (there are specialized software available for this) download updates again and, MAKE SURE YOU GOT THE RIGHT DRIVERS THIS TIME, restart in "Safe-mode" install drivers...

No offence but there wasnt much use of upgrading ur gfx card. U could've run it for a few more months and then got smthg good when the prices droped.

Always get the updates from here:- http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
Cheers

Edit: Is your graphic card made by another company? such as ASUS or Gainward or somthing else? Dont forget to check those drivers too.
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

i think u made a bad decision, id say that the radeon is better from what i heard
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

depends on the game as well. need for speed is more designed for nvidia. half life 2 has shown more fuller support for radeon cards.
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

practically everyone i know , they always say they like ati and they also say its alot better than nvidia. so the next card im gonna get is gonna be a radeon and il check it out, i might be getting a new comp and i might get a x700pro or soemthing of that sort
vilks*[LT][S+]
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vilks*[LT][S+] »

EmptyWords wrote:i think u made a bad decision, id say that the radeon is better from what i heard
yes,i made a bad desicion,i had saphire radeon 9200 256mb ddr 128bit,250mhz core clock,400mhz memory clock,400mhz ramdac,directx 8.1 and i could play nfsu2 with all graphic exept antializing of course.Now i have Sparkle FX 5500 128mb ddr 128bit 250/400,ramdac 350 and nfsu2 with all grapich without antialzing runing terible,but then i turn off contrast ant light trails,i can play with antialzing and game runs faster then with radeon on the same graphic.i heard that fx does not support directx9 very well...and from that what i saw on my pc with my eyes,i believe it.
i downloaded new omega drivers and working fine ...
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

omega driver for a geforce?
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Dunno if it's good for GForce.., but Omega is definitely good for Radeon.. :D (cause I'm using it.. :lol: )
Just Me
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Just Me »

Yeah, there are some Omega drivers for Geforce as well. And only the card under the FX 5900 have some problems with DirectX 9.

Return to “The Hardware & Software”