Engine keeps blowing in drag

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground 2.
Be sure to search first!
Lamboluke
Ricer
Ricer

Engine keeps blowing in drag

Post by Lamboluke »

Can someone give me some settings for drags. My cars engine keeps blowing, i'm on a few levels ones....... tyres and a few other performance upgrades arent available yet.
I think i have lvl 1 ecu, turbo, no2 and thats it i think. Only been on it a bit.
So some settings would be perfect (suspension, drive thingy, turbo, ecu) all of em please.
Thankyou.
humey
Ricer
Ricer

Post by humey »

DRAGS are manual gear changes, you must change up and down (although u wont be changing down) gears, ideally when green light lights up on screen at gear optimal change time.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

He probably talks about top speed..
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

as he said he has a turbo that means he done a few drags already!!!

so now for some REAL advise:

go to you garage or peformance shop and visit the dyno!

ajust the settings for the gears.. final gear ratio to higher topspeed (select game mode DRAG!!!)

you will notice you car will accelerate abit slower but it will gain top speed and you will NOT blow your engine!!

good luck
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Acceleration isn't that important in drag. Mostly the race is long enough to reach top speed with N20, so you'll just pass the others.
humey
Ricer
Ricer

Post by humey »

I assumed he meant NFSU not NFSU2 as he dont say 2 and there is no garage or tuning dyno in NFSU,

TheStig, since u seem to know lot on subject, look at my post about race 91 in NFSU and try help me plz :P
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

but I hardly ever blown a engine in NFS U1 atleast not oin the career mode... only when I used LOADS of nitron on highway.... in the 6th gear.

but not even close to a (with normal shifting) blown engine in careermode in NFS U1 in the beginning of the game.. you just don't go fast enough.

in NFS U2 on the other hand... you got some damn long drags that you can blow it rather easy!
eVoVIII
Ricer
Ricer

Post by eVoVIII »

yer...how kould u really blow ur engine btw u talking about nfsu1 or 2?...shift up wen green light try to shift it perfectly on da green) and wen u hit top speed let got of acceleration wen ur like really in front so it shud stop u from blowing ur engine..?
Lamboluke
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Lamboluke »

I am talking about nfsu:2, and yes i know how to do drags i aint retarded :lol:, its near top end speed when my engine usually blows after i used NOS.
Thanks for the help STIG, and everyone else.

Return to “Help & Support”