The mystery of the dissappearing slots in the duels

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

The mystery of the dissappearing slots in the duels

Post by Sir Ibi »

Ok i just tried to duel a car, but i was told that all 150 places were full. OK that's fair enough, this is a very popular site afterall. So i go to the showroom challenge page, and i read:

Currently running: 25 :: Upcoming: 108.

Now i havn't done maths in a very long time, and when i did i wasn't much good at it. So i used the very little maths skills i have, and used a method called addition. I even got out my calculator to work it out, and yeah the answer i got was 133. If that is wrong then please by all mean correct me.

So then, where are the other 17 slots (uses calculator just to make sure). - <<< for this calculation i used what is called the subtraction method, which is a little more complex.

Let me know if any of you guys can help, thank very much.
Wolrajh
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Wolrajh »

I think they are challenges waiting to be accepted or rejected... Well it's my guess they actually take a full slot like any upcoming challenges. With that difference that they won't always take about 100 hours to free their slot, in the case they are rejected ;)
Lord_Jereth
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Lord_Jereth »

Been trying to get one of my cars in for a challenge all day long, no luck. Is there a trick to it? Am I missing something? How do I know when one of those backed up 150 slots is vacated?

Wanting to take part,

8) LJ
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

Sometimes there are even more than 150 slots filled (eg 156). How is this possible :?:
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

I just had a look (AGAIN) in the SRChallenge mainpage and I read

Currently running: 30 :: Upcoming: 103

So that makes 133 slots filled and 17 open. :?: :?:

I wanted to challenge a car and then it said all slots are filled :(

I agree with what "Wolrajh" ("challenges waiting to be accepted or rejected")

I've also been trying to challenge some peolple for a few weeks now, but I never got the chance to do so.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Me too, I got a 7 I want to challenge as my first duel.
But it is all filled up, drunk.
I even waited for one to go away, and then hit challenge in the instant second it went completed, no go.

Maybe we should have a some sort of "Holding pattern" where you can add your challenge and as soon as a slot is availible it will automatically entered.
There will be a lot of lag though (Long time before the challenges pops out) but it can be reduced slightly by increasing the timing intervals on the duels.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Sweeper wrote:Maybe we should have a some sort of "Holding pattern" where you can add your challenge and as soon as a slot is availible it will automatically entered.
If we do that, the holding patter will get filled up and you'd have to:

a) wait to get in there
b) wait weeks for your duel to get on

The way things are currently, it should be a problem to get in. Duels are less than an hour apart (expect for once a day when they're up to 10 hours apart). All you have to do is check when most will end and send your challenge then.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

What I ment by holding pattern is that you kind of send a request that you want to join a duel on the nearest availible slot.
The pattern is infinitly large but like you said, b) will be in effect unless you drastically changes the timings between the duels. 5 minutes for an example, or 3.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

But that would mean 288 duels a day.
And that's way too much ;)

It's still to be decided if the system will be changed so the max # of duels in a day would be 48 and a duel stared on every 30min.
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

that may be a good idea^^^
i like the sound of it.

Return to “The Showroom”