NFS: Underground and cheating?

2003 Need for Speed Underground
Treadstone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

NFS: Underground and cheating?

Post by Treadstone »

Ok, I'm a newbie to this forum and as of last night the game.

I'm running the game on a high-spec PC and the game is v.1.3, I have a mildly modified Mazda MX-5 with all the level 1 mechanical upgrades and visual add-ons. I was playing some guy with NOS, but he was lame and kept on crashing. I was getting so far ahead of him - as in most of a lap - that I was confident that the result was in the bag :) But in a 3 lap race he then appeared from nowhere just before the final finish line :o

He might have had NOS, and NOS is fast, but not THAT fast! There was no lag as we were both on good (512k+) connections. Was this guy cheating? I read somewhere that EA had to reset all the rankings due to some 'gamers' cheating.

Sorry if this is a topic which is getting old to some of the peeps here...
Treadstone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Treadstone »

10+ views and not 1 comment...cheez, your a friendly bunch :roll:
MafmaN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MafmaN »

maybe everyone wants to know what you write? and dont have an answer, cause the honestly dont know?
so do I.

I should think he's cheating, but hey: who will know --> who will do something about it?
ac3shi6h
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ac3shi6h »

Well If you were running with just level 1 upgrades. It possible that he could catch up like that.

If he is running level thee upgrades... the difference is so awesome that I dont think he cheated.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

yea he has a point, he might have been a crap driver, but his car will have been so much faster than urs if it was fully modified
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Gussy
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Gussy »

yeah...might've been so...but lame cheaters are evrywhere, so don't be surprised if u run into one :/
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

well there are also cheats that turn a multilap race into one lap.... i know its bs cause it has happened to me numerous times......im winning by a large margin after the first lap then a few secs later ive lost the race.... the stupid 30 sec countdown thing goes on and then its over.... I HATE CHEATERS......... :evil:
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

there's been many discussions already on cheaters online...........please browse the forums for answers before asking things that have been asked before. this is why you probaly waited so long for an answer, because people get tired of answering the same thing over and over again.

Return to “Underground”