Test drive unlimited

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Re: Test drive unlimited

Post by baumaxx1 »

Danyutz wrote:Is there a way to add R34 w/out installing the patch?
It's a free patch. I found the patch allowed me to change options without the entire game crashing. :roll: Bad start from install... still runs like a dog even though I'm way over recommended specs.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I don't want to install that patch, it makes my game crash, I just want the R34. Someone who has the 1.66v could make an archive of the car and it's files, and upload it .. if it's possible. Redcardriver, you know anything?
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

RedCarDriver wrote:If, by your name, I can assume you're a major Porsche fan (although that's a rather obvious statement), I must bring up that the Megapack includes Porsches... sort of, if RUFs count.
Well, maybe not as major as when I first joined but still a fan nonetheless.

I know about the RUFs being in (RUF Rt 12 ftw) the megapack (along with other great cars like the Countach, F40, and McLaren F1 LM) but what I'm afraid of is that my game will stop working again and it will be another $20 gone to waste.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

@ Danyutz: No, I think you need to have both the executable file to be modded, AND the car archives (unless you get it through trade online or something). Sorry.

@ Porsche-AG: Heck, you can always make savegame backups and such. For me, TDU doesn't start all of the time (I have to delete cache files occasionally before it does) but it otherwise runs fine *knocks on wood* - but hey, the carpack might change that. Personally, I'm going to try to get the carpack at some point - I'm more worried about it not working if I have to reinstall than if it causes bugs. I am also worrying about the fact that I'll have to make a zillion sound mods for the new cars as I've heard they sound pretty lousy.

Also, did ANYONE try my sound mods (the F430 and/or the R34)? lol
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

What, there's a countach!? I'm getting it! NOW!!!
oh snap
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Someone might wanna check this out who has TDU... A Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Coupe has been modded into TDU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqHuUWYU ... re=related

I have the download if you want it, just PM me cause some reason i cannot attach anything or even click on it.
-----------

Test Drive Unlimited - Secret Car Wash
Test Drive Unlimited - Secret Car Wash

INSTRUCTIONS:

(REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR FILES!!!)

Go to "\Euro\Bnk\Level\Hawai\Spots"

Copy this two files...

ecw_a.bnk
ere_a.bnk

...into two different folders (in example on your desktop).

Then change names:

"ecw_a.bnk" to "ere_a.bnk"
"ere_a.bnk" to "ecw_a.bnk"

And copy changed files into the original location (\Euro\Bnk\Level\Hawai\Spots) overwriting original files.

Then do exactly as showed on video. If you wanna drive to that place showed on video - the game will crash. So go there directly from your map.
Source: http://youtube.com/watch?v=R6XCiYFhfok&feature=related
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Dude you should read what comes after the "LP640". The guy just took pictures from the game and edited them. :roll:
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

...lol.

@Striker: Yeah, there's a Countach, but the pack it comes in costs $20USD (or 10 euros), and the Countach is - unfortunately - class D. Heck, it's probably the best class D car available, but still. What makes me sad is that the F40 isn't upgradable :cry: but hey, it's still an F40 which has sweet performance anyway.

Also, I've heard the Megapack cars don't have very good sounds, at all - when (if) I get the Megapack, the first thing I'm going to do is make new sound mods for as many cars as I have time for. I hope the F40 one sounds good enough - if not, oh well, I'll just make a sound mod (and I think I can find a source file).
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Well i have the file for it.. So its not fake i just dont have TDU to try it.

Here this link is a actual video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bV_yEKT ... re=related
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

It's not actually an LP640, just a modded Murcielago that has the same rear lights and black rims.

But I am downloading it right now, so we'll see how it works :)

Edit: The rear view isn't bad with the updated lights but for some reason only my rear wheels have the new coloring. Plus, I periodically get "sound lag" while using the car with the mod. :?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Well hmm... All i can say seeing i cant really see it better, is that at least its a step forward into getting cars into TDU. It would be great having cars like Mitsubishi, Mazda etc etc. :)
--

Btw i asked this last year i think, but now im asking again. Is TDU now stable to at least play on PC without crashing etc? cause there has been patches released, i still do want to get this on PC except i dont want it to crash. I would most likely be playing this offline if i get it.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Nah, I haven't got any crash lately, but I keep running the 1st version .. haven't installed 1.66. The megapack works with the standard version, or do I have to install v1.66, in order to play it.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Well i might have to buy it then, if it doesn't crash. I should just get it anyway and see how i go, i should be able to run it on medium at least. :)
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

@ Porsche-AG: Yeah, pretty stable. Only major problem *knocks on wood so that more don't appear* is that the game sometimes crashes on startup, but once you delete 3 or 4 cache files and re-run it a few times it eventually will work.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

I find it strange that so many people have problems withTDU? even people with much higher specs than me :? I get rock solid frame rates and to tell you the truth the game never crashed on me once!The only problem I have is I get a micro stutter eac time an AI car(not traffic) drives by me. I think that has something to do with the AI car transitioning from a low LOD to high.
Here is my specs if that helps.

My specs:
c2d E6300
ASUS P5e-VM HDMI
2gig RAM
HD 3870
Last edited by GINIX_2007 on 18 Apr 2008, 07:01, edited 1 time in total.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

My specs are decent i guess.. if anything im hoping to run it on medium.

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6850 at 3.00GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce 7600GS
Sound: Realtek HD Audio
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

I dont see why you would have problems running it. You have a faster processor and the 7600GS is a very capable card. you should be able to run it on high with no problems.

My 4 year old PC can still run it! on medium 1024 X 768
Specs:
intel P4 3.01Ghz
ATi 9600 XT
1GB RAM
Windows XP SP 2
Sound Blaster Live

EDIT: I guess the game just has problems with certain hardware configs.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Hmm, well ill see how it goes. Ill be getting it tomorrow depending if in stock. :) Btw are the car addons free? cause i would want the skyline etc..
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

you get the Skyline and the RS4 free when you install the 1.66 update but the rest you gotta buy. sucks to tell you the truth we PC gamers wait so long to get our first car pack and we got to pay for it, I hear the engine sounds aren't even that good :(
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

The pack feels incomplete to me. Yeah, the cars are all there, but a few have some graphics glitches. A few cars are missing shadows while they're inside a building. The gauges are absolutely horrible for most of the cars, and there are barely any new engine sounds that don't suck.

In short, not worth the US$20 until people come out with good sound and gauge mods.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I've found great sound mods for it, ill be making my own if i get the skyline at least make it have a better turbo sound. Oh is there only 2 packs the megapack and the bonus pack? or free pack as it sounds like. :)

Edit: It seems anyway that the skyline and RS4? are in the megapack, so ill get ahold of that pack. Umm except do something bad so its free. Won't say anymore.. [-X

The Audi sounds normal to me but the rest are great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLoIzahv ... re=related
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

prince1142003 wrote:In short, not worth the US$20 until people come out with good sound and gauge mods.
But it WILL be worth it once they come out with good ones, right? lol

Also, I just noticed that my F430 mod sounds very much like one from RacersHardware.de. I swear I didn't just take it from there, but I bet they used the same source as me (GTR2).
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I got the pack, got the R34, that's what I wanted. Looks like it has v1.66 in the pack, this time at least it runs properly. R34 doesn't sound so good, you can hear the turbo, but it doesn't get that tuner sound.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

GINIX_2007 wrote:I dont see why you would have problems running it. You have a faster processor and the 7600GS is a very capable card. you should be able to run it on high with no problems.

My 4 year old PC can still run it! on medium 1024 X 768
Specs:
intel P4 3.01Ghz
ATi 9600 XT
1GB RAM
Windows XP SP 2
Sound Blaster Live

EDIT: I guess the game just has problems with certain hardware configs.
WTF? I got 1.25gb RAM, P4 3.2ghz HT, and 7600GT and I cant run it properly on low.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Wow! with that spec you should be able to run it easy!!! As I said the game just does not work well with some hardware config. BTW if u have a mult cored system try disabling all but the first core it should give you a little boost in performance. One more thing do you guys have a problem with surround sound in TDU? My rear speakers dont seem to work:(

Return to “The Games”