GameInformer's Carbon Hands On

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

lol so true, one question tho what makes a tuner a tuner in terms of the engine ? can there be a v8 powered tuner or do all tuners have I-4's or v6's
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

In my head, a Tuner car is a car most often associated with Tuner culture. For example, Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans, Mazdas are all associated with Tuner culture, and are therefore Tuner cars. To me, the engine honestly doesn't matter as it's modded to extremes anyways.

An Exotic is basically any European supercar (of course, what else?) and cars that are famous, expensive, and powerful, but not readily available in the market.

Muscle cars are classic American beasts of burden, with hemi V8 engines, capable of producing ginormous amounts of torque. To me, torque is what separates Muscles from the rest.

But that's just me.
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

prince1142003 wrote:I'm pretty sure the Corvette will be a Tuner. It could also be an Exotic, but I don't think so. It's pretty readily available in the car market.
were you awake when you wrote this??? the last thing a corvette is, is a Tuner!!! it has a big V8 in the front and its american....so.....muscle!! or EA got mad and decided its an exotic...but i dont think they will be stupid enough to make it a tuner.....
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
xXBlackcatXx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xXBlackcatXx »

With a V8 engine u think they will place a Corvette like Tuner or Exotic? Never. They will probably place like a Muscle car 8)
hammerspeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hammerspeed »

xXBlackcatXx wrote:With a V8 engine u think they will place a Corvette like Tuner or Exotic? Never. They will probably place like a Muscle car 8)
I do agree with the corvette being a muscle but just because its a V8 doesnt mean its automatically a muscle. Take the SLR Mclaren for example, thats a really fast exotic car and it only runs on a supercharged V8.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

If you classify cars by engine type, then a lot of cars aren't where they should be. No, EA is not classifying the cars by engine type. So, the Corvette will most likely be either a Tuner or a low level Exotic. If the C6R makes a return, it will be a high level Exotic.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

im definetly starting with the camaro, i just love its old-school style and engine sound.
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

I'm going to make 3 files 1 for each car class! :D
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

Fishwhiz wrote:im definetly starting with the camaro, i just love its old-school style and engine sound.
me too, i think the camaro is the best of the three we can choose from
Driv2Slow
xXBlackcatXx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xXBlackcatXx »

Me too. I will finish first with the tuner class, but I want to finish with the muscle class to see the GT500 drifting like in The Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift. :)
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

I'm going to start with the RX-8. I can't turn away from Tuners lol.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

prince1142003 wrote:If you classify cars by engine type, then a lot of cars aren't where they should be. No, EA is not classifying the cars by engine type. So, the Corvette will most likely be either a Tuner or a low level Exotic. If the C6R makes a return, it will be a high level Exotic.
First of all, the C6R is a racing car, so I don't think it would be an Exotic. Second is that the Corvette in the game is a Z06 (505 hp stock), and that is definitely not a tuner. It is obviously a muscle, not just because it's american and has a lot of power, but because it isn't associated with tuner culture.

Edit: And if EA is stupid and classifies the Z06 as an exotic, it won't be low level, it would be mid-levelled.
blx53
Stock
Stock

Post by blx53 »

imho Z06 is exotic. but i think its something between exotics and muscles because it has big powerful engine like muscle cars, price is somewhere between (nearer to muscles) and it has good handling, which muscle cars dont have. and for all you that you are talking about V8 engines regarding muscles...what about old camaros and firebirds with V6 engines? werent they muscle too?

and about playing the game...first of all im going to finish tuners, than exotics and muscles:)
erestel
Ricer
Ricer

Post by erestel »

i think EA will have to put the Covette in muscle... not only because it is American, but lateron in the game when the exotic people are driving Paganis or Koeniggseggs just imagine how the 70s cars can catch up...

dont agree that the Covette should be muscle just becasue of engine or HP though... ANY exotic has around 500hp anyway, and so too many of them runs on V8 and up~

for myself i am def. going for exotic... all for the DB9 haha. EA better make the other classes available at least once i beat the game though
_Mike_
Ricer
Ricer

Post by _Mike_ »

I could be wrong of course but isn't all this talk about which car goes into which class kinda offtopic? :?

Long live the Brera!!! That thing has 4-wheel drive and a 3.2 V6 engine, don't know the HP though...but still, it should be quite a match for a stock RX-8(considering that the Mazda has the 247HP engine installed).
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

I'm starting with the camaro!! old school muscles, bitches!!!
Driv2Slow wrote:
Fishwhiz wrote:im definetly starting with the camaro, i just love its old-school style and engine sound.
i love you guys :)
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

joablo wrote:I'm starting with the camaro!! old school muscles, bitches!!!
Driv2Slow wrote:
Depends of ppl taste, imo the cars each other are good enough, but their performance is to an specific area, i mean, the way u want them to race, they are going to respond according to that kind of race, so no offence, but there's no class that is better than other...depends around that...
ScreweD DuDe
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ScreweD DuDe »

canhoto wrote:
_Mike_ wrote: But still, c'mon people, is there really nobody interested in the Brera?

the brera isn't very good looking to me,and just for the it won't be the car i start the game with,besides i'm used to the rx-8...i'd rather have the 147gta instead of the brera...
1st we have to appreciate EA for finally respect ALFA ROMEO, and the brerea from alot of people point of view is the most sexy car ever made ,but iam also an ALFA147 GTA
fan and just today i found on the web a stunning 400 HP Autodelta 147 GTA AM Super
check it out here (http://www.autodelta.co.uk/autodelta_2.htm) and go to the link (AUTODELTA INTERNATIONAL)
Last edited by ScreweD DuDe on 11 Oct 2006, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
xXBlackcatXx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xXBlackcatXx »

But see Game infomer's video. In the vido the configuration of the Alfa Romeo Brera is very powrful, so come on guys, this car is good. :)
XeqtR
Stock
Stock

Post by XeqtR »

joablo wrote:I'm starting with the camaro!! old school muscles, bitches!!!
Driv2Slow wrote:

same here, i will start with the camaro :lol:
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

I'll take the RX-8 for sure! :O
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

XeqtR wrote:same here, i will start with the camaro
me too, but only because it will be the most difficult

/me loves a challenge :wink:
dawnpatrolrjl1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by dawnpatrolrjl1 »

I probably will start with the Brera, is Italian and Alfa Romeo is like the older brother of Ferrari 8) And also is less common than the Camaro and Mazda...
xXBlackcatXx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xXBlackcatXx »

I'll create 3 accounts to play with the three class. xD
But one question. What will be the ultimate exotic car?
I think is Porsche Carerra GT and you?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

The last boss car will most likely be the Audi R8. It's seen in the main menu of the final game, and in Most Wanted, the boss car was in the main menu. Also, your friend who helps you out of Cross's hand drives an R8. Sounds eerily like EA to include a plot twist where you're battling your own friend in the canyons.

Return to “News”