Need for Speed game found at fatal crash seized as evidence

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
gmarty
Stock
Stock

Need for Speed game found at fatal crash seized as evidence

Post by gmarty »

:shock:
Read this article... Interesting, to say the least. I guess they forgot to listen to what Josie Maran has to say at the beginning of the game :cry:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20060126 ... race_fatal
:shock:
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

Omfg, I just heard of that, and that's fcking crazy! God... my city is so corrupted its not even funny!
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

WTF are 18 year olds doing with Mercedes? I assume they were stolen or daddy's car?

I hope Canada still has a death sentence, cos these sort of idiots deserve it.
Garrett
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Garrett »

oh shiz here we go ! gonna make a big deal out of this i bet. I mean MW is real but not take a mercedes and kill a taxi driver real. the n00bs proabably thought they had speedbreaker. i can't belive this some idoit has to do something in a game and cause a big scene there should be a law against ppl liek that.
sigsegv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by sigsegv »

oh well ... maybe the 18 years old guy bought the game for his younger brother :twisted: however, parents giving Mercedes to their kids should be shot on sight.
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

I saw that on the news yesterday - they found the game on the passenger seat - how does that link it to the game anyways? Fuggin kids with parents Mercedes should be shot.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I heard about this in English calss today. My teacher was telling us about how this guy was complaining about violence in video games and the the media 'desensitizes' kids and makes them go all crazy and kill people. Good thing my teacher thinks is a load of BS. It's not the game's fault, it's the person who plays it. If they think they can actually go out and do the stuff they do in a game, they're obvviously not mentally sane. :roll:
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

I think jack thompson is going to flame.
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
markiiu
Ricer
Ricer

Post by markiiu »

Well, kids with expensive cars? sounds like vancouver, not toronto... :lol:
Really, the fast cars are everywhere in rich neighborhoods, the parents should be to blame, not ea, and did you notice that it didn't say which nfs game it was, it makes a difference, and should be noted in court (old ones=bad graphics=less realistic/chance of it causing him to go fast)

-Markiiu 8)
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Oh dear.. not another one of those "A videogame made me do it" sceanrios :roll:

There was a study a while back that violent games tend to desensitises kids, in other words they didn't react as much to unpleasent scenes then the non-videogamer. Although it still not seen as a direct link to actual real-life violence that occur. Not being shocked by violent scenes, doesn't mean to say I'm gonna go out with a gun and start killing innocent people because I have become "desensitised"

The only way this game could be used as evidence in the court is if the driver was reading the manula whilst racing, just to remind him of the nos button... "WHERE'S THE SHIFT KEY ON THE DASHBOARD!!??" I find it highly amusing that computer games are being blamed rather then trying to establish the environment those idiots are bought up in, such as the rich parent who decided theire 18 year old son was mature enough to dirve around in a merc (if that was the case)...
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

what a bunch of queers, you'd have to be mental to do that, probobly rich peeps that can buy their way out of anything.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Is always the cause of the accident that lives and the victim that dies. Life's so ironic.
Lokix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Lokix »

They should be made to pay to bring the guy's wife and children to Toronto, set them up in an apartment and enough money to support them untill the woman finds work, or up to a reasonable time after they arrive.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Now what made them think that NFS was the cause of this accident? I still find this weird..
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

These people blaming games of their and other stupid actions make no sense at all.
I can't understand how people managed to kill others and street race qhen there where no video games!
If the damn guy is wacko is not the game industry fault. Barney the dinosaur is probably more guilty.
ic3m4n
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ic3m4n »

They are just looking to Blame someone. And if they can use the Video Game to Blame him with maybe they will not charge him with vechile manslaughter. But i think just like everyone else ... Its all BS. Its a game. Once the person leaves the game they should be smart enough to understand you can not do these types of things in real life. If you hit a car in real life Someone is Going to get hurt. But Some people just do not think about things like that
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Coool. I wish I had a Benz...funny it happened right here in Toronto...would have expected it in New York or a major US city but Toronto...that's a first.

It would have been crazy if someone would have caught it on film. :shock:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Cool? How so, a guy was killed. :?
phidik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by phidik »

What a waste.
First of all, 140kph is not that fast on a mercedes.
I feel sorry for the cab driver; his life was lost and on top of it, his wife and kids lost their dad/husband and their dream. Couldn't get any sadder than that. All because some rich boys had nothing better to do.
Make love, not racing.
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

well, glad ea make Josie Maran said those things, so now the responsibility is below to those punk kids and their parents, not the game!
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

It is all just so much BS blaming the game.

An example: I love the GTA games - but I've NEVER walked down a street, seen a car and thought "I've gotta have that - let's half-inch it!"

As someone said above, if you're psychologically screwed, you're going to commit the crime/offence without needing the stimulus of a game to "make" you do it!

Perhaps I'll try the "NFS made me do it!" defence next time I set off a speed camera - hopefully EA will have to pay the fine and their MD take the penalty points on his licence :roll:
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

No offence, but shouldn't Midtown Madness be blamed for this? I mean, IMHO, Midtown Madness has more road violence compared to NFS Most Wanted; it has pedestrians! :|
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Andre_online wrote:No offence, but shouldn't Midtown Madness be blamed for this? I mean, IMHO, Midtown Madness has more road violence compared to NFS Most Wanted; it has pedestrians! :|
But the pedestrians magically get out of the way. :P

A detective at the scene of the crime pretty much summed it up:
"There is a small percentage who have difficulty separating reality and simulation, fantasy. It's a very, very small percentage," he said. "This was not the game's fault. There are millions who play this game and don't go out and do this."

So a guy died...thousands die each day and you don't see their stories. There's nothing special about this story.

I don't think these 2 should be jailed and kept in prison for life. I think they should be sent to a special program that try to help them and solve their problems, so this won't happen again. It is proven that if a person is kept more than 3 years in prison, it would actually worsen their state of mind. I read in another article that these 2 are at universities. So they did a really stupid thing (you never race during the day because the streets are busier) but this was a habit only in young men, so I don't think they should suffer their whole lives and it would be a better solution to help them solve any problems they had so it won't happen again.

The modern society keeps on relying to prison for punishing offenders which is dumb. They should try to help people, try curing them.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

There were kids in a Teg amd M3 doing Wangan here in NY a few years back (both died), but 140+ in a suburban neighborhood? Parents giving their kids Benz? The game in the front?

They deserve to be hung and burned.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Picture taken from http://www.thestar.com
The Benz is on the left and the cab on the right.
The Benz is trashed... :cry:

Return to “Most Wanted”