Game crashes with edited save.

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Game crashes with edited save.

Post by Ceano »

Hi have played around with the save file to add cars with TSearch (hex edit), and now the game crashes with an error window that it cant load something (don't remember what). I think it is when you add cars to the safe house that does it, i have started a new career and just replaced the Punto with the BMW in the car lot so i could buy it as a normal car (then i restored the punto in the car lot). So far everything is working just fine, could have being something else that did that ctd but i don't think so (will let you know later on).
Override2Zion
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Override2Zion »

Hi Ceano, could it be the checksum attached behind the savefile be causing the problem. Modifying the savefile without updating the checksum will cause NFSMW refusing to load the save. Just a thought, by the way good job on identifying the car IDs, been busy with work lately and didn't have time to play. Will take a look at what I can do to incorporate it into the trainer. :) Cheers!
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Override2Zion wrote:Hi Ceano, could it be the checksum attached behind the savefile be causing the problem. Modifying the savefile without updating the checksum will cause NFSMW refusing to load the save. Just a thought, by the way good job on identifying the car IDs, been busy with work lately and didn't have time to play. Will take a look at what I can do to incorporate it into the trainer. :) Cheers!
Don't think it's the chksum because the game load the save and you can play for a long time. But the out of the blue you get an error message in a separate little window that says it cant load something (don't remember what).

For the car ID discovery you have to thank smithsyscom that did find them in the first place (i think), and koffy has a major part in this hex edit findings to (surly there is some other to that i don't know the name on).
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

i think Tsearch is not good with replacing cars in your safehouse, it only can make the car buyable in car lot, i tihnk you should use hex workshop when messing with the car that in your safehouse.

btw, if i buy a stock bmw m3 gtr (paint red), which part of codes should i look for so i can change it to the "white & blue" vinly ?
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

spectre01 wrote:i think Tsearch is not good with replacing cars in your safehouse, it only can make the car buyable in car lot, i tihnk you should use hex workshop when messing with the car that in your safehouse.

btw, if i buy a stock bmw m3 gtr (paint red), which part of codes should i look for so i can change it to the "white & blue" vinly ?
No you can put any car were ever you want with TSearch, just as long as you know what code to use.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

I know how to use both, but I prefer using T-Search. All I have to do is alt+tab and everything is changed, no need to reload the savefile or fix the checksum.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Koffy wrote:I know how to use both, but I prefer using T-Search. All I have to do is alt+tab and everything is changed, no need to reload the savefile or fix the checksum.
Yes me to, it's a nice and free program.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

It looks like that adding cars direct to your hide out don't cause this error, so I'm looking in to the possibility of the "CacheSize" editing in the register is what does it.

For one thing that is sure, is that if you disable "MotionBlur" in the register the game crashes if you get a bounty from 6 000 000 and up. Anything below doesn't matter, the game works just fine then.

Return to “Editing”