Poll voting problem

Everything that has to do with art goes into this board. Post your creations and hear what other people have to say about it!
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Poll voting problem

Post by Dragster »

Since there was a minor problem with chop competitions poll voting, I started this thread so we can resolve the whole issue here.

If you ask me, we should go for the master m's idea:
master m wrote:How about we make the entire chop comp. anonymous.
No names, just chop #1, chop #2, .... And offcourse you can't put your name in the chop. And there won't be an entries-topic. You'll have to PM or E-Mail your chop to a mod., who will make the POLL-topic.

Does that sound good, or am I taking it too far .... :?:
I'm willing to receive the pm's with imageshack thumbnails of every entrant, if you want me to be the future poll creator, and I really think this is a good idea because it will complicate my life only...and there is no problem with that because I'm willing to do it :)

There will be one topic (probably stickied) where the winners will post picture thumbnails of the next chop competition, and the topic will be locked after the winner's post, unlocked so the new winner can post the new car and so on... what about that?
YamahaATV
Drift King
Drift King

Post by YamahaATV »

Ok but what about"brothers" being on the same computer? they can see each other's car's so they know who to vote for...
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

That 'brother' thing has always been a problem, and ever since we haven't found a solution for it... If you have an idea, please share it! :P
Calibra_14
Banned

Post by Calibra_14 »

Dragster do you know all members where they participate in chop comps who have brothers ?????
If yes tell them like"If ur brother votes you,the member with brother un-registered is Banned
What u think ????
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Ehm, no :?

I can always say that Kid Cro is my brother, which he isn't...

Or, I can say that my brother that just registered as a member isn't my brother (or i can just lay low...) so he could upvote me, and I could upvote him without causing attention...

My point is that you can never be 100% sure if the member tells the truth.
The problem is quite complex...

We should also remember of instant messengers and such, I know some people will be exchanging chops, creating upvoting gangs and bleh.. :lol:

Oh man, I'm so sick of upvoting... :?

I don't have a brother btw :wink:
Last edited by Dragster on 08 Feb 2006, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
Calibra_14
Banned

Post by Calibra_14 »

Me too :S
Last edited by Calibra_14 on 08 Feb 2006, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
YamahaATV
Drift King
Drift King

Post by YamahaATV »

I have a brother but he is only active in the showroom not the forums. Unfortuantely dragster I don't have any ideas for the problem at hand so I guess we just have to go with what we have for the moment.
_cant_stop_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _cant_stop_ »

great idea guys... IMO yeah that's what the problem should solve :wink:
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Just one thing, maybe the winners thread should stay open to any questions just in case, its quite frustrating when a topic you need is locked, they should just make it clear to pm the chop to you.
R34GTR
Professional
Professional

Post by R34GTR »

I don't like this particular idea, we won't be able to post wips. And all these "cheaters" could show their chops to their friends over an IM, or tell them which chop is theirs. :?

I like the idea about having 50 or more posts though :D
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

R34GTR wrote:I don't like this particular idea, we won't be able to post wips. And all these "cheaters" could show their chops to their friends over an IM, or tell them which chop is theirs. :?
Yeah I mentioned that before... I don't have nothing against not posting WIPs though. The stealing problem would be partially solved with that, don't you think?
R34GTR
Professional
Professional

Post by R34GTR »

Yeh i guess it would.

So shall we "test" this plan on the next chop comp? :)
A-Styling
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-Styling »

1.Post Competition
2.After chop is finished upload picture and send link to guy that posted competition pm or email.
3.He post vote
4.No names on chops just clean car
5.Voting just for members with 50+ comments
M@r!n0
Drift King
Drift King

Post by M@r!n0 »

A-Styling wrote:
M@r!n0 wrote:
A-Styling wrote:Look dude just members with 50+ comments can enter and vote at the chop. comp.
Clear ? :)
it's easy to say that beacuse you have 100+ comments..but what about the other i don't think it's necesary to name again those who entered this comp and don't have 50+ post

If it remains that way then my point is: go on guys spam the forum and post a comment in every thread!!! :)
Like someone said spammers will be banned and why ur u so worried about that ?
i'm worried because my brother, my real brother *Dytza*(we have 2 comp but only ne internet connection) doesn't have 50+ posts but he's now entering his second comp and my friend *F@bian 7* and my class mate doesn't have 50+ posts neither and he's on the 4'th comp i think...i think it will be better like this
If you don't have 50+ posts you can vote only if you entered the same comp...and i think that's fair
Death Ranger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Death Ranger »

yap... that seems fair enoygh
and i think the "annonymous, send a pic to a mod/winner" is bad cuz you can always send the guy ur chop and then figure out u wanted to do mumthn else, u can't spam the guy with infinite chops
Bull3t
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bull3t »

All it is, really is a favourtism contest the more popular members winning, yes I admit most of them do have skillz but come-on, some of the not so well known members have been making some nice rides
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

M@r!n0 wrote:i'm worried because my brother, my real brother *Dytza*(we have 2 comp but only ne internet connection) doesn't have 50+ posts but he's now entering his second comp and my friend *F@bian 7* and my class mate doesn't have 50+ posts neither and he's on the 4'th comp i think...
Yes, that's ok, but how do you explain the obvious upvoting among the three of you?
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Sounded like a good idea at first, but then I rememberes the critique. That's like half the comps. Look in any of the chop comps and tell me you didn't see anyone criticizing anyone elses chops, for better or for worse. That and the WIP issue that has been brought up before. If this were a poll, I would vote, 'No.'
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

You can critisize on the chops after the competition ends... stealing is a bigger problem than gettin critics, which you can give after the competition ends, if you want.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

No, like telling people what to fix on their WIP.
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

R34GTR wrote:I don't like this particular idea, we won't be able to post wips. And all these "cheaters" could show their chops to their friends over an IM, or tell them which chop is theirs. :?

I like the idea about having 50 or more posts though :D
Agreed.

I actually prefer the +50 posts rule too. The other rule might be too complicated.
A-Styling
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-Styling »

I made a car with red and black combination after me 3 more cars with that idea
Bull3t
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bull3t »

A Styling stop complaining that kind of thing doesn't matter
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

Oh my.................It was too much fun in the begining............But is too complicated now. We has pretty clear rules before, and now is ...... I dont know. I dont made chops for competitions here for long time ,but working on my own. I dont understand most of the rules. Only entrants can vote for the top 3? And the rest of the members what? Or am I wrong? And I think if you make new rules, the majority of the entrants has to agree (about 80%) like I made in the originals chop competition rules. The most clear way to vote is making polls with the option poll, I know there is more than 10 entrants ,but you have to find the way. It have to be simple.
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Felixkissa »

I think the system we have now is working fine.

But I agree that to vote one would have to have 50+ posts or be an entrant in that competition.

Let's not make this too difficult.

And also ppl stop whining about ppl not voting your ride. Remember that we only vote for top 3 and lately there has been a lot more entrants so even if your car doesn't make it to someones top 3 it doesn't mean that your car sucks.
Same goes to all of you who say that ppl vote for only the "popular" ones. Well I for example have been voting for master m a lot lately, but that's only couse he has been producing the best chops lately. And I would vote for new comers also, but there's usually a lot of clear mistakes in their chops and I don't like mistakes.

If you can't behave don't take part, that's my advice.

Peace.

Return to “Creativity Board”