GTA 4 announced

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

GTA 4 announced

Post by Fadeproof »

Rockstar Games announced Grand Theft Auto IV for the Playstation 3 and Xbox360, but not for the Ninetdo Wii
New York, NY – May 9th, 2006 -- Rockstar Games, the universally-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Grand Theft Auto IV, the next-generation console debut of the genre-defining Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto IV will be simultaneously available for the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360™ and is currently planned to be in stores in North America on October 16, 2007 and in Europe on October 19, 2007.
Sources:
http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail. ... eID=195754
http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail. ... eID=195753
http://www.gtagaming.com
http://www.rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto4/

its coming out on the 360 :D... so ill definetly be getting it. If it was only on the PS3 i probably couldnt get it for a while because i dont know if im going to get it yet. But its on the 360, so im happy.
Just have to wait for some screens now.
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

Of course it's not gonna be on the Wii. It's never been on a nintendo console.
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Well I'm gonna be patiently waiting for it on PC.... sitting quietly in my dark room staring at the wall until I hear the news of GTA4 being released on the PC platform from the cheers of the triumphent liberators. GTA4 the wait has only begun.
Neon Racer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Neon Racer »

oh man. it doesn't come out for another year and a half! :(
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Remove the damn remote control helicopter missions and i might play the game.
lol wut
HKS
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HKS »

Neon Racer wrote:oh man. it doesn't come out for another year and a half! :(
Play some GTA-SA. That game never gets olds. On my 10 playthrough with no cheats and striving for 100%(AGAIN).
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I hope its gonna come out on the PC... I hated Microsoft for releasing Halo 2 on XBox only...
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Yeah, saw that on PlanetGTA, but the bad thing is that i'll have to wait till Summer 2008. :? :x :?
R34GTR
Professional
Professional

Post by R34GTR »

Nice to hear it's been announced :) can't wait to play it, now all i want to be announced in Halo 3 :D
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Skyline_man wrote:Yeah, saw that on PlanetGTA, but the bad thing is that i'll have to wait till Summer 2008. :? :x :?
At least...why don't they ever release the PC version at the same time as the console versions???
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

From what i've read, it's because console games especially PS2 & of course PS3 too cant be cracked, unlike PC version, so they guarantee selling lots of copies and making serious profits, and then, convert it to PC it 6-8 months later with fixing some bugs and slightly improving the graphics.
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

http://www.gta4.net/ , don't own me if it has been posted already. :P
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

hmmm... how they are saying that it might be set in london or something like that, id prefer if it was in america like it has been.

Australia wouldnt be too bad though :P

Also, they should bring back the hidden packages... the horse shoes, clams and taking the photos in san andreas were crap, i didnt like it. Mainly because you didnt get any really good prize for it, like you did wit the hidden packages
Last edited by Fadeproof on 17 May 2006, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

Skyline_man wrote:From what i've read, it's because console games especially PS2 & of course PS3 too cant be cracked, unlike PC version, so they guarantee selling lots of copies and making serious profits, and then, convert it to PC it 6-8 months later with fixing some bugs and slightly improving the graphics.
so that mean that the pc version will come after 2 years.this game will be awesome.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

yeah, but the Pc requirements, well, another upgrade, just like i'm thinking in NFS:CARBON.
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

a little bit more strange news on gamespot at the X06
gamespot

When Grand Theft Auto IV was announced for the Xbox 360 at E3 2006, gamers weren't too surprised. What was surprising, however, was the fact that the game was going to get some downloadable content for the game and that Sony's timed-exclusives on the game were history.

At Microsoft's X06 event currently taking place in Barcelona, Spain, Microsoft's corporate vice president of marketing Peter Moore gave gamers the latest on what's in store for the game on Xbox Live Marketplace. He announced that Rockstar Games is working on two downloadable packs for the game--to be made available within months of the game's release.

"We're not talking about an extra car or character here," Moore said when describing the "epic" episodic packs. He then joked about Rockstar keeping even him in the dark about the content packs, but emphasized that the packs would be lengthy.

A press release issued during the conference said only that the packs would add "hours of entirely new gameplay" to GTA4. No additional details on the downloadable packs were released, but industry sources have said they will be along the lines of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories in terms of length.
1 games and 2 long packs at once :P
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

I wonder how much those downloadable packs are gonna cost :wink:
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

guys i have just find that the release date for the XboX 360 and PS3 is on october 16 2007. 8-[
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

i dont know really, u know that there's a lot of time between today and that date...anything can happen, can be changed any moment ;)
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

It's probably being released the same date as the PS3. And if so, I'd say the date is accurate. :roll:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:It's probably being released the same date as the PS3. And if so, I'd say the date is accurate. :roll:
What? but the ps3 was launched this year, not 2007 :roll: :?: :?: :?:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

The PS3's already been launched? :|
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

sorry i was referring that the ps3 is going to be launched this year, sorry xhazxmatx
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Oh, well the reason I said what I did is because the release date for the PS3 keeps getting pushed back.
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

[quote= xHaZxMaTx]Oh, well the reason I said what I did is because the release date for the PS3 keeps getting pushed back.[/quote]
It's not getting pushed back as it still is getting launched in Japan and the US next month...
It's only Australia and the rest of the world who have to miss out until March next year, heck even the Wii is going to have to do the same as Sony (which I find rather ironic).

Wonder which city we're going to be at this time for GTA, seems we've coever all of the ones fro the original (or am I wrong?)..

Return to “The Games”