My NFSC PS2 Demo Review

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

My NFSC PS2 Demo Review

Post by Skyline_man »

So yeah...i played the PS2 demo of Need For Speed Carbon Today, the PS2 demo is exactly like the last video i posted from NFS-Planet.

So, I'll give you some quick little details about the demo and the modes in it for those who havent downloaded the video.

The demo consists of 3 game modes; circuit, drift, canyon duel. ---> in order.

Once you finish the 3 of them, you beat the demo.

Cars available are EVO IX, '67 Camaro, Gallardo.

You can AutoSculpt all of the cars, but the demo gives you just 3 Autosculpt zones and a base bodykit, also a base rim that you cant change. (Full game has 10 different Autosculpting zones and variety of Bodykits and rims).

So i went ahead and autosculpted the 3 cars, and yes, autosculpting is cool, and it will be much better in the full game for sure.

After Autosculpting, i tried the first circuit race, that was with the Gallardo.... I am not a console gamer, but i did handle the car pretty well all the race.

I gotta say that the car's handling vary from exotic to muscle to tuner. Tuners are for sure the best, Exotics come after them, and finally the muscles.
---------------
Finishing the circuit, i started the second game mode which was the drift mode, and i gotta say this:

For those who are still playing NFSU or NFSU2 drift mode, FORGET it, because this one is TOTALLY different.

This one depends on SPEED all the way, and also about having a drift chain with a multiple numbers of drifts. You can also use nitrous in NFSC's drift mode, drifitng with speed gives you some Bonus points.

For those who like to drift slowly in UG1 and UG2, forget that in NFSC, you just wont get any good points if you arent at least above 80 mph.
---------------
After a several tries, i finally beated the drift mode (man, that needs practice...), so i jumped to the final mode of the demo; Canyon Duels.

The mode simply is: You race down a canyon 2 times, the first time, you are behind a rival, and you try to be as close as possible to him, or even try to overtake him and get ahead of him...if you did, then you simply win, and you dont need to play another race, but if you didnt, you will start another downhill canyon race where you have to defend those points you got the in first race.
---------------
---------------

About the cars handling, imo, Muscles was the best in drifting, at least for me, Tuners can do pretty much everything, Exotics can do circuit and canyon duels but sucked in drifting imo too.

Graphics: much MUCH better than NFSMW was on the PS2, PS2 gamers wont feel any great difference in visuals this year, BUT, as it has already been mentioned before, in current gen consoles, there are only 4 cars racing on the track and not 8 as the PC next gen consoles.

Overall, the demo was pretty cool and i enjoyed playing it, even though i played it for only about half an hour. I certainly would play more tomorrow if i had the time.

i would give it a 9/10 if i had to rate it.

Feel free to ask any questions, i will answer them as long as i have an answer for them. :wink:
BKize_GT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BKize_GT »

Where did you get this demo? :lol:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Ok ok, as a expert drifter: So you need to go fastly to get cool or decent drift points right?

2nd: Did you see the intro?? What happens there??
3rd: Is there any soundtrack?? EA Trax is DEAD?

That's all for now.
xturbo.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

BKize_GT wrote:Where did you get this demo? :lol:
I found it on the internet for download, i dont even have a PS2 but my friend does, so i decided to download it and burn it to a blank DVD and see if it works at his PS2, since the PS2 has to be a modded version.
xturbo wrote:Ok ok, as a expert drifter: So you need to go fastly to get cool or decent drift points right?

2nd: Did you see the intro?? What happens there??
3rd: Is there any soundtrack?? EA Trax is DEAD?

That's all for now.
xturbo.
1st: yeah, drifting at 100 mph+ is the best dolution for getting some big scores.
2nd: yes, i saw the intro, you can also see it if you download the video i posted on the main page from NFS-Planet.de
3rd:

I feel sleepy, gonna go to sleep, any more questions will be answered tomorrow.

Good night y'all
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

where did you find the stuff to burn on a disc?
is it illegal to do what you did to play the demo?
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

Fishwhiz wrote:where did you find the stuff to burn on a disc?
is it illegal to do what you did to play the demo?
lol. silly fish asking obvious questions.
SkylineMan wrote:For those who like to drift slowly in UG1 and UG2, forget that in NFSC, you just wont get any good points if you arent at least above 80 mph.
Lol. that used to be me. I used to own drifting like that.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well, i do want to know where he downloaded the demo.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Jeez, look for torrent sites or something.

Might try it out.. Have a PS2 here anyway so. :D
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

PSZeTa wrote:Jeez, look for torrent sites or something.

Might try it out.. Have a PS2 here anyway so. :D
i actually did find a ps2 demo... but its torrent so i dont think i can post it here..
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

No links to any illegal sites here, if you can find it, go ahead and give it a try.

@ Fishwiz: Demos are for free, you are not supposed to pay money for demos.
r34-gtr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by r34-gtr »

im downloading it now, but i have run out of blank dvd's! lol gota go to the store now dammit
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

For drifting...do you have to use your handbrake or you just simply go and the car automatically slides when you turn?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

:twisted: muhahahaha i found a ps2 demo and im downloading it now, and it is not a torrent btw :wink:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

2furio wrote:For drifting...do you have to use your handbrake or you just simply go and the car automatically slides when you turn?
No you dont have to use the handbrake, it simply slides like if you are using your handbrake, you can still use it though, but its not necessary, focusing on speed and getting a chain of drifts is the main goal.
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

Re: My NFSC PS2 Demo Review

Post by EVO_VIII »

Wow sounds nice. Looking forward for the PC-version's release :p
The canyon duel looks kind of cool too, just like the races in the Japanese movie: "Inital D."
p.s. Is a 64MB display required for NFSC PC version???
Last edited by EVO_VIII on 05 Sep 2006, 04:57, edited 1 time in total.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

Skyline_man wrote:No links to any illegal sites here, if you can find it, go ahead and give it a try.

@ Fishwiz: Demos are for free, you are not supposed to pay money for demos.
I know, but the question is where did you get the demo downloaded and burned on a disk?
site? store?
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Can you select cars for each race mode in demo or is it fixed?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

EVO_VIII, there's no need to be quoting the entire original post - people can read it all for themselves in regular sized text at the top of the page. Even without anything quoted, it's plain and clear what you're replying to.

To all: Please only use quotes where it's unclear what you're replying to, when you want to respond to multiple people with one post or when you want to deal with a small part of a larger post. Simply quoting an entire post, especially when it's the lead post in a topic, is pointless.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Abrams wrote:Can you select cars for each race mode in demo or is it fixed?
Yes you can, its not fixed.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Ok and how catch up looks in curcuit race? And another one, how the city looks? Any new additions to city 'look alive' theme?
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Skyline_man wrote:
2furio wrote:For drifting...do you have to use your handbrake or you just simply go and the car automatically slides when you turn?
No you dont have to use the handbrake, it simply slides like if you are using your handbrake, you can still use it though, but its not necessary, focusing on speed and getting a chain of drifts is the main goal.
So I'm guessing using the handbrake would be pretty pointless, as it serves no purpose and you also lose speed, which in turn makes you lose bonus points...
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

2furio wrote:
Skyline_man wrote:
So I'm guessing using the handbrake would be pretty pointless, as it serves no purpose and you also lose speed, which in turn makes you lose bonus points...
that would blow. making it simply easy to drift by just turning and smashing gas.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Abrams wrote:Ok and how catch up looks in curcuit race? And another one, how the city looks? Any new additions to city 'look alive' theme?
Catch-up aint so bad like NFSMW, i mean when i am the first in the race, no one can get me, they fall behind. Thats for sure depends on your driving.

About the city looks, its much better than NFSUG2 for sure, reduced colour pallettes, and not so cartoonish like NFSU2 colours.

What i didnt like here is that the ground is kinda white-ish, so it makes traffic cars's headlights harder to see, increasing the chance to hit them. Its not that bad after all, you will get used to it.
2furio wrote:So I'm guessing using the handbrake would be pretty pointless, as it serves no purpose and you also lose speed, which in turn makes you lose bonus points...
Exactly.
Flameking wrote:that would blow. making it simply easy to drift by just turning and smashing gas.
Trust me, its not that easy, its harder than NFSU's (1,2).
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Skyline_man wrote:Trust me, its not that easy, its harder than NFSU's (1,2).
...but less realistic...(which is not necessarly a good thing)
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

2furio wrote:
Skyline_man wrote:Trust me, its not that easy, its harder than NFSU's (1,2).
...but less realistic...(which is not necessarly a good thing)
why is it less realistic :?: :?:

Return to “Carbon”