Custom Vinyls

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
BAS231187
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Custom Vinyls

Post by BAS231187 »

i can use MWtex to change various vinyls that other people have created. and it works perfectly.

however i cant seem to make my own vynils. i tried for starters just edditing the subaru wrx (downloaded fromthis site) vinyl so it would hav a yellow stripe all the way down the car. i dont have any decent grapghics packs so i extracted the DDS to a BMP and eddited it in paint. cant remember what program i used cos im on some one elses computer. then i returned it to a DDS file and tried to import it. the first time the game crashed instantly and the second time the vinyle had been replaced but was corrupt. it had become lots of purple lines.

any idea what im doing wrong? what settings does the DDS file need to be saved as?

ill give a list of programs im using when i get home tomoz.
thanks
Ben
toineed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by toineed »

I think you're problem is how you made it a .dds file again. Explain how you did this!? The right saving options are:
BAS231187
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BAS231187 »

Cheers toineed. it was the way i was saving the DDS files. iv just tried again using the settings u displayed and it worked perfectly. Thanks again
Ben
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

what kind of program do you need to make custom vinyls/pres?
Driv2Slow
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

that program would be photoshop
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Or Gimp, it's free.
AK-Niu
Stock
Stock

Post by AK-Niu »

First of all If we want to creat own vinyl by ourself so we must know the correctsoftwares and where can we download from in the utilities menu... there's a lot of stuff for that kinda things... I am trying to download... :P I got the Photoshope CS2 and now bintex or something like this... from nVIDIA site... try utilities... and you must safe your graphics in 256colors not in 24bit or 16bit bmp. I learn it today!

Return to “Editing”