Gears Of War (Xbox 360)

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
DeMyX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Gears Of War (Xbox 360)

Post by DeMyX »

Anybody have it yet? I love it. Gone through it at casual and just started at hardcore.

http://www.gearsofwar.com
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Been thinking of getting it when the prices drop a bit.
How many hours of gameplay on normal difficultY?
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

not played it my self but a few of my mates have - about 6 hours stretched to about 8 because they made it "bastard hard"... according to IGN it got good reviews and so was the cheque from microsoft. The game looks pretty but with very little in terms of gameplay re-using the same FPS formula.

Microsoft are depending on this title to sell the 360 now that the PS3 has been released, so they are just throwing money at it.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Ok, sorry but 6-8 hours of gameplay is definetly not worth the 38 pounds the game costs. Where the hell did the high ratings come from?
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Where do you think... Microsoft have been throwing money at this game to sell the 360...

Dear IGN,

We have recently released Gear of War exclusivly on he Xbox 360. Enclosed in this mail is free copy for you guys to review and a brown envelope with large amounts of money to spend on your wife and kids. Please give high ratings for this game, if you want to see your wife and kids again.

Love, Bill
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Ill be saving my 60 bucks for UT 07 for PC. It still looks like a great game however.
korge
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Sir Ibi wrote:Where do you think... Microsoft have been throwing money at this game to sell the 360...

Dear IGN,

We have recently released Gear of War exclusivly on he Xbox 360. Enclosed in this mail is free copy for you guys to review and a brown envelope with large amounts of money to spend on your wife and kids. Please give high ratings for this game, if you want to see your wife and kids again.

Love, Bill
There have been lots of those brown envelopes then since every major site gave it a huge rating.

But still, 8hours long single player and multiplayer with like 3 modes and max 8 ppl matches... Come on!
DeMyX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DeMyX »

Bojan wrote:
Sir Ibi wrote:Where do you think... Microsoft have been throwing money at this game to sell the 360...

Dear IGN,

Love, Bill
There have been lots of those brown envelopes then since every major site gave it a huge rating.

But still, 8hours long single player and multiplayer with like 3 modes and max 8 ppl matches... Come on!
Might not seem tempting, but it's really funny. Prob the best shooting game ever :O
The multiplayer part isn't bad either for a console game! (It's actually very good, imo.)
There's 3 diffictulties too, since the game rocks i'm gonna go thru them all!
The best gun ever in that game... lancer.. *drools* Half machinegun, half chainsaw. HAHA so awesome... so awesome...
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

this game is freakin fun. i went to a friends and played multiplayer and it was crazy fun. kicks the crap out of Galo imo, i think its one of the best games on the 360.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Re: Gears Of War (Xbox 360)

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

I didnt want to make a new Topic so i dug this one up.

Gears of War is coming out for PC

Gears of War for Windows

"Gears of War" features the amazing tactical action and multiplayer excitement found in the critically acclaimed “Gears of War” for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system that sold more than 3.5 million units, and a variety of all-new content, including three new multiplayer maps, a new multiplayer game type, Game Editor, five new campaign chapters and DirectX® 10 support.

“Gears of War” thrusts gamers into a deep and harrowing story of humankind’s epic battle for survival against the Locust Horde, a nightmarish race of creatures that surface from the bowels of the planet.

With “Gears of War,” Epic Games returns gamers to the massively scoped worlds, memorable characters, cooperative gameplay and hyper-realistic combat that gamers have come to expect from the franchise, plus a few new surprises.

* Frag-filled new content. “Gears of War” will feature locations that are unique to the franchise and the genre. Players will encounter all their favorite foes from the Xbox 360 version; however, these intense encounters will take place in some new environments and allow players to manipulate the new game modes and technology found only in the Games for Windows title. Boasting three new multiplayer maps, a new multiplayer game type, Game Editor, five new campaign chapters and DirectX 10 support, “Gears of War,” will challenge and push the limits of the PC gaming experience and provide an unparalleled visual presentation.
* Engaging and disturbing cinematic story. Movie-like cut scenes, cinematic camera moves and in-game storytelling bring the brutal, emotionally charged narrative to life. Gamers control Marcus Fenix and his fire team as they pit advanced technology against the overwhelming and horrific Locust Horde.
* Unmatched online gaming. “Gears of War” will tap into the power of Games for Windows — LIVE to deliver online matchmaking for its Gold account members. The service will enable gamers around the world to connect via their PCs, allowing players to experience individualized matchmaking, view player statistics, earn player Achievements, customize games and create personalized profiles.
* New Game Editor. The game will also feature the all-new Game Editor, guaranteeing new user-generated content in the future. The “Gears of War” community will be able to tap its endless creative potential to develop an unlimited number of user-created levels through complete access to the Unreal Editor. Using the new engine, players can now import custom artwork into the engine, create particle systems, scripted encounters, cinematics and more.
* Astounding visuals in next-generation gaming. “Gears of War” ushers in the next generation with incredible visuals, pushing DirectX 10 visual designs and bringing out the smallest details in the largest battle. Gamers experience a rich, dynamic world with a supreme level of detail. Characters come to life with unbelievable model quality and a physics-integrated animation system that has them truly reacting intelligently to events unfolding around them.
* Hyper-realistic and intense combat. In “Gears of War” the battlefield is a lethal place — to foolishly stand out in the open is to invite an untimely demise. To survive, gamers must employ strategy, take cover using the interactive and dynamic environments, and suppress the enemy with blind fire, using their weapons and teammates to outwit and outfight their terrifying enemies.
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Gears of War on PC is gonna pwn. Can't Wait
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Black Fire »

Thats gay. They should have kept it an Xbox 360 exclusive.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

^^^ I agree... Although at least PC users are happy! :)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Fanboys. :roll:

Its still a Microsoft exclusive though.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

No no im not [-X but it did say on sites it was a exclusive cannot remember where but it did say it. :)
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Black Fire wrote:Thats gay. They should have kept it an Xbox 360 exclusive.
Why would you say that? Its a shooter game which as far as i know is easier to play with a mouse and keyboard and i'm glad PC users are going to be able to play Gears of War. There are heaps of Xbox 360 exclusive games, and its all about MONEY, more sales, more profit and i just hope Microsoft can expand the relationship between X360 and PC gamers. I hope more 360 games end up on the PC such as Halo3, Halo Wars and Forza.

Or is it ur upset that the PC version has more content?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Glopaticki wrote:i just hope Microsoft can expand the relationship between X360 and PC gamers.
Yeah i want that badly, i want to race some of you without buying 2 games one for X360 & PC also im better at a controller then keyboard imo.. i just wish juiced2 had the PC to X360 live feature i wanna race YaelDjiel. :P

Anyways.. Ive completed Gow on Xbox360 pretty easy even on hard settings.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

Gears of War was terrible. It took me like 4 hours to finish it(first time playing it).
Too much kill stealing online.
Other than that, it was ok I guess. The only real upside to it, was John DiMagio's voice acting.
AND the PC gamers get extra stuff!!! It's an outrage. I payed $638 for my console, and another $60 for the game, only to have my experience with it blown over by the PC release. It sucks.

Way to go Epic. I hope you guys do lose that court case, and cease to exist!
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

race_invader wrote:i wanna race YaelDjiel. :P
you sure about that....? :>
------

On topic

W0000000000000T
way to go Epic/M$
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Does anyone know a release date?
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

Release date? Probably some time before Silicon Knights takes their business.
Quarter 4 2007.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

YaelDjiel wrote:you sure about that....? :>
Hell yes! :D
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Lan.Evo.III wrote:Gears of War was terrible. It took me like 4 hours to finish it(first time playing it).
Too much kill stealing online.
Other than that, it was ok I guess. The only real upside to it, was John DiMagio's voice acting.
AND the PC gamers get extra stuff!!! It's an outrage. I payed $638 for my console, and another $60 for the game, only to have my experience with it blown over by the PC release. It sucks.

Way to go Epic. I hope you guys do lose that court case, and cease to exist!
Play the game on "Insane" and see if it takes you 4 hours.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Black Fire »

Yeah, insane truly is insane.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

I'm not going to argue on the time that this game takes to finish. As everyone says it's under 10 hours.
The game is short, no questions asked, it's as simple as that, no point in arguing about it. I like games that take thought, and time, this is not one of them, it takes no thought, all you need is some loud music, half a brain and a good trigger finger, and you're already halfway to beating it.

It's a shoot 'em up game.

Return to “The Games”