Removing Texture vinyl from GT3RS to color it....

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
Reilsss
Ricer
Ricer

Removing Texture vinyl from GT3RS to color it....

Post by Reilsss »

Hello all... I know that on page 2 or something are 2 treads about how to remove the texture from the 997 GT3 RS hex wise, to add ingame stock vinyl for coloring it.....

I was got the tunning slot from my car, and was trying to calculate the address like here in the forum was descripted

It told me to go like this:

00011B70 + (my slot that is 13) * 470 (all hex) = Address where I should findthe link info for the 2nd costumer slot....
saddly when I jump to the callculated address... I end up everywhere else but not where the address should be shown..... I guess my calculating is totaly wrong....

Can somebody may explain this slowly step for step?
Because when I can fix this vinyl problem on the GT3 Shelby 500 GT 07 and other cars.. I would have a very nice savegame that has all cars of NFS C (except 5 of them X..x) in Career Garage ready to tune and play career game (that is by 2%) .....

well adding cars into the garage was easy... until this last 5 because I runed out of avalible tunning slots.. or better sayed a way to add cars to "MyCars"

But that ok ... what i wonder is.. can this vinyl remove thing be solved..... ?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

1. Your customization slot cannot be 13. The usual customization slots start at 1F. So either you're doing something wrong, or you're modifying a car that you didn't buy or add to My Cars.

Assuming that you did nothing wrong in finding your customization slot number, you have the first formula right. It's 11B70 + (slot number) * 470. That's the starting location for your customization slot. Hit Ctrl+G and type in the result of the calculation and you'll be taken to the start of the slot. Make sure to have From the start of file checked otherwise it won't work.

At the start of the slot, the first four bytes are what you need. Here things get somewhat tricky. The LAST two bytes are the first. For example, if you have 4606 at the start of the customization slot, the number you want is 0646 (you can disregard the zero in the beginning, it doesn't affect the end result). Now plug that number into this equation: 26A48 + (number) * 4. The resulting number will give you the address of your customization2 slot. Once again, remember to check From beginning of file in your Go To box.

After that, follow the instructions that others have posted to replace the vinyls.
Reilsss
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Reilsss »

prince1142003 wrote:1. Your customization slot cannot be 13. The usual customization slots start at 1F. So either you're doing something wrong, or you're modifying a car that you didn't buy or add to My Cars.

Assuming that you did nothing wrong in finding your customization slot number, you have the first formula right. It's 11B70 + (slot number) * 470. That's the starting location for your customization slot. Hit Ctrl+G and type in the result of the calculation and you'll be taken to the start of the slot. Make sure to have From the start of file checked otherwise it won't work.

At the start of the slot, the first four bytes are what you need. Here things get somewhat tricky. The LAST two bytes are the first. For example, if you have 4606 at the start of the customization slot, the number you want is 0646 (you can disregard the zero in the beginning, it doesn't affect the end result). Now plug that number into this equation: 26A48 + (number) * 4. The resulting number will give you the address of your customization2 slot. Once again, remember to check From beginning of file in your Go To box.

After that, follow the instructions that others have posted to replace the vinyls.
I see I gonna give that a try again....

to get that 13..... Well you maybe know that in 'Costum Cars are a white and a Black 997 GT3 RS ?

The white one uses no tunning slot, but the Black one does use one, that one was by me 13....... In the case of having limited slots for "MyCars" I had to move some Costum and Bonus Cars into the career Garage.... So that Black 997 GT3 RS did move from Costum Area into my Garage....that worked all successful to me and is all fine working. the game makes mo trouble there. And well now I thougth I try to do this vinyl thing and started to calculate but well I had so my small troubles.... I gonna follow your suggestion tomorrow again and see if I get anything useful made, or if I still touch unhelpful areas.... (may your calculation works not with slots below 1F.... :/

But thank you anyhow for advicing me with infos!
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Well, as I said, because of the 13, you're either modifying a car you didn't buy or doing something wrong. But the calculations work regardless of what number the customisation slot has. They're dependent on the location of the slot and the fixed length of each slot.
cparty
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by cparty »

As the slot 13 is premade in the save it should be the same for all of us, so here we go:
Using the above calculation (00011b70h + 13h x 470h) will get us to the start of customization slot nr. 13, which is 00016fc0h.
There you read the first 2 Bytes (remember, 2 Characters form 1 Byte, so you need to read 4 characters) - they are 9B 03. Now for the calculation of the customization2 slot address you need to swap the 2 Bytes because they are stored in little endian order (little endian means that the number starts with it's little end).
So the next calculation would be 00026a48h + 039Bh x 4h = 000278b4h. (039B are the Bytes from above but this time in the order we can use to calculate with (it's called big endian order))
You will get here:
Now replace 53 7D with something you can find again and is nothing else meaningful. 12 34 should be fine.

Hope this helps :)
cparty
Reilsss
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Reilsss »

Hiya, thanks for those kinds of help. I was able to do it with an local Hex Editor... TSearch did kinda show up the hex codes diffrent (not from 0 to f) so on the same address was in TSearch another hex what confused me first.... But I was now able to do what I wanted to do... the savegame is finished now and ready to use... I would upload it if I could figure out how to remove my CD key out the samegame or to replace it with another one.... saddly it did not so well work out yet :/
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Use the Save Editor by CodeRipper to replace your CDKEY in the savegame.

Since TSearch edits memory, and the Customization2 slots are "floaters" in memory, it's generally a better idea to edit them in the local savegame.

Return to “Editing”